Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 05:21:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam Holiday Sale 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steam Holiday Sale 2012  (Read 70075 times)
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #350 on: January 05, 2013, 08:24:33 PM

Something nifty for the Steam Encore sale, which I think is easy to miss:

Civ V Game of the Year edition is available as an upgrade too. So if you own the basic one, switching to GOTY version costs 2.5$ at the moment. Mostly worth it for those who don't own the DLCs yet.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #351 on: January 05, 2013, 09:24:50 PM

Something nifty for the Steam Encore sale, which I think is easy to miss:

Civ V Game of the Year edition is available as an upgrade too. So if you own the basic one, switching to GOTY version costs 2.5$ at the moment. Mostly worth it for those who don't own the DLCs yet.

That's cool.  It's listed as $5 for the upgrade here though.
Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #352 on: January 05, 2013, 09:33:59 PM

Made out relatively unscathed with just FTL.  Great game.  Want to try BL2 and Dishonored but they need to drop a bit more.

Some day I'll get over my hatred of GFWL and get Arkham City.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #353 on: January 05, 2013, 09:46:21 PM

I'll start buying GFWL and Origin games as soon as I've finished everything on my steam backlog. Should happen *real soon now*.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #354 on: January 05, 2013, 10:09:07 PM

I did Two Worlds 2, and lucky that was only $7.50 because I didn't really like it.  Also got Awesomenauts, which is fairly fun.  Seems like DOTA2 or LoL gateway drug.  Someone gave me DOTA2 key, so I'll be checking that out.

But my prize was Morrowind for $5.  Haven't played it in maybe 7-8 years.  I installed the 3.0 overhaul, and wow.  They don't make games like this anymore. 
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #355 on: January 05, 2013, 10:12:15 PM

Morrowind has a special place in my heart.  I think I've just played it to death, because I can't get going on any recent attemps.  Still haven't beat it.

I picked up Skyrim DLC, Walking Dead (for when I want to get depressed), and Sleeping Dogs (because Valve messed up and had it for $.50).  I'm OK with this.  I might actually play some of it.

-Rasix
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #356 on: January 06, 2013, 01:28:51 AM

xcom is now 50% off at Amazon  awesome, for real
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #357 on: January 06, 2013, 06:45:18 AM

Uuuugh. My love of Anno has overcome my hatred of UbiAIDS. Got the expansion pack for $11 or whatever it was. I have really been itching for a city builder and just barely avoided buying towns. I wish prison architect would hurry up and come out.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #358 on: January 07, 2013, 05:08:06 AM

My Xmas campaign ended with:

- Received Dishonored and CKII as a gift from my father  Heart
- Sleeping Dogs
- Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
- Endless Space
- Assassin Creed II: Deluxe Edition
- Arma II: Army of the Czech Republic DLC

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #359 on: January 08, 2013, 10:10:44 AM

-Darksiders 1 & 2
-DE:HR + dlc
-Endless Space
-The one Shogun 2 faction dlc I didn't own
-Witcher 2

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #360 on: January 08, 2013, 11:20:45 AM

I grabbed:

- Fortune Summoners
- Chantelise
- Max Payne 3 (gifted to me)
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
- Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (I suck at using controllers, apparently, and don't know if I'll ever play this again)

That's it. I was actually a bit disappointed in this year's sale. I got most of what I expected to get (Dishonoured and Sleeping Dogs were on my list but one wasn't cheap enough and the other had so much DLC I just said fuck it), but the sheer number of repeats bothered me for some reason.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #361 on: January 08, 2013, 05:00:29 PM

I got a lot, but I'm too ashamed to admit to all of it. Likely I won't play more than a few games, but who knows I might get laid off.

I did get three that I will fess up to:
- Anno 2070
- Dark Souls
- SoaSE: Rebellion

Enjoying AI-challengers in SoaSE, will try multiplayer sometime.

- Viin
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam Holiday Sale 2012  
Jump to: