Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:13:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Hide your monies, it's the Autumn Steam Sale 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hide your monies, it's the Autumn Steam Sale  (Read 18055 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #70 on: November 26, 2012, 11:28:00 PM

If you search, there's a thread here about Witcher 2.  I didn't care for what little I could tolerate of it.  EE patch didn't do much for me either.  Some liked it.  I was a big fan of the original.

While I liked the setting, questing, and dialogue; I really hated the way the game controlled and was a little annoyed at how they updated some of the characters (made everyone younger, Triss looks like a coed).  Minigames were pretty shitty as well (sucked in the first, tbh).

edit: For $7.50, it might be worth a roll of the dice.  If you hate it.. oh well, you're out a burrito.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 11:30:36 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #71 on: November 26, 2012, 11:49:18 PM

Get the burrito, IMO.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: November 27, 2012, 12:02:52 AM

Witcher 2 suffers from a case of pretentious / 'trying too hard' storytelling and dialogue in addition to the weird and clunky combat that somehow managed to be less engaging than the original.

Edit: also, QTEs. I mean, seriously?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 12:09:29 AM by Zetor »

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: November 27, 2012, 01:39:37 AM

So I guess I missed CK2 at 75% off, but it's still 50% off and at $20 I might pull the trigger. Is it worth grabbing the DLCs as well?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #74 on: November 27, 2012, 06:10:07 AM

I liked Witcher 2 just fine. Don't play it on high levels of difficulty though. The combat is really clunky if you don't just hack your way around.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: November 27, 2012, 06:38:07 AM

I guess the only good thing about being in the hospital having my gall bladder removed is I didn't waste any money on games I'll never play. awesome, for real
Freaky.  My friend had hers removed yesterday.

... Jen?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: November 27, 2012, 11:44:13 AM

So I guess I missed CK2 at 75% off, but it's still 50% off and at $20 I might pull the trigger. Is it worth grabbing the DLCs as well?

Islam DLC is only useful if you want to play as a Muslim nation.  All the other changes from SoI are in the patches to CK2.

Byzantine DLC (Legacy of Rome) is supposedly a bunch of stuff for Byzantine rulers that I have not tried yet, like blinding/castrating prisoners, and other random Byzantine stuff, but I am still muddling along with my Sweden game from just after SoI and haven't investigated those nations.... BUT the retinues that also come with the DLC for everyone are incredibly useful.   Borderline too-powerful maybe, even.   

Aztec DLC (Sunset Invasion) is basically 'do you want Aztec invasion y/n?'

I got all these when they came out, plus the cosmetic ones as well (faces/shields/units), because they were cheap and I like the game a lot and it's a pretty unique thing I want to encourage.   I didn't get the music because I am always listening to something else, nor the ruler designer because I just felt like using the historical peoples.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: November 27, 2012, 11:55:12 AM

So just a few trains for me this time around  (a lot of American steam which wasn't deliberate)

• Train Simulator 2013 - Union Pacific Big Boy + Union Pacific Challenger
  • RailWorks 3 - PRR K4 Locomotive
  • Railworks GG1
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:56:48 AM by JWIV »
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: November 28, 2012, 01:45:48 AM

I liked Witcher 2 just fine. Don't play it on high levels of difficulty though. The combat is really clunky if you don't just hack your way around.

Yeah, I ended up getting it anyway after watching a few video reviews.  Looks like the kinda thing I'd find to be worth the small outlay of cash I sacrificed.

All told, I got Saints Row the Third, the GTA 4 Complete Edition and Witcher 2 for something under 20 euros.  That is insanely cheap for where I live.  I can't believe I have overlooked these Steam sales in the past.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: November 29, 2012, 04:32:49 PM

"Endless Space" is 50% off and f2P till Monday right now.
"Trainz12" is 75% off
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 04:42:34 PM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #80 on: December 02, 2012, 03:59:51 AM

Can someone tell me a bit about Crusader Kings II? I've glanced at it once or twice, but...

I already own several Total War games - how is this different?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: December 02, 2012, 05:01:53 AM

Can someone tell me a bit about Crusader Kings II? I've glanced at it once or twice, but...

I already own several Total War games - how is this different?

One is a RTS and the other has you in panic as your eldest son dies in an accident (though you suspect your second wife had something to do with it) and now your heir is a syphilitic idiot that everybody hates DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: December 02, 2012, 05:12:11 AM

It isn't so much like Total War. Think of Hearts of Iron, Europa Universalis and other Paradox grand strategy games.

This is the best one they have made to date. Oh and there is a Game of Thrones Total Conversation for it. http://citadel.prophpbb.com/topic520.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An-WADoVOx4

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: December 02, 2012, 07:03:57 AM

Just to follow something up from earlier, I find Witcher 2 to be quite okay.  I am not sure about the actual gameplay yet, but the whole thing feels rather epic.  And I loooove the music so far.  Definitely worth the price of a burrito.

God, I wish I could have a burrito.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Xilren's Twin

Reply #84 on: December 06, 2012, 11:02:24 AM

Picked up FTL today for $5  (40% off)

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Hide your monies, it's the Autumn Steam Sale  
Jump to: