Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:25:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Rocksmith 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocksmith  (Read 148644 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #315 on: December 22, 2015, 08:36:29 AM

Noice! Nice mix, and this is a must-have pack for bassists imo. Dude just wails on it and is so melodic and awesome. I was just watching the unplugged the other day and I'm still in awe. I was a huuuge STP fan, though. Purple was such an amazing album.

I would've left off Sex Type Thing. Put in Vasoline, Meatplow or Crackerman.

But Creep, Big Empty and Interstate Love Song are some of my favorites, so it's all good. Real strong pack.

Got to see Scott's solo band (doing STP and VR classics) last year, dude still had it. Too bad he couldn't kick.

edit: linky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzx26V4WDlA Check that bass line.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 08:38:56 AM by Sky »
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #316 on: December 22, 2015, 12:29:29 PM

Sold.  Thanks for the reminder!
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #317 on: December 22, 2015, 01:11:12 PM

I would've left off Sex Type Thing. Put in Vasoline, Meatplow or Crackerman.

You already get Vasoline from the first Rocksmith.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: December 22, 2015, 01:46:54 PM

Hah. I do have more DLC than I can ever remember....

Public service reminder: older DLC is 40% off during the winter sale.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #319 on: January 06, 2016, 06:37:06 AM

Finally got around to trying these out on bass and they're fantastic.  Thanks for the heads up about that pack!  Also happily played through a bunch of the Soundgarden stuff last night and am remembering why it's bad to stop playing for a few months.  Ouch.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: October 04, 2016, 09:03:30 PM

Mostly been putting DLC mentions in current threads, but there's been a ton of great DLC this year. Another year without a refresh, which I'm kind of ok with, since short of true TAB or the return of the venue/crowd minigames I think it's near perfect.

But they DID release a 'remastered' version (free via patch to existing owners). Their words, because while there are some really nice QoL improvements, it's mostly just interface tweaks. Easier search, which is nice when you have a massive song list (I may have a massive song list), tweaks to how Nonstop play works, tweaks to the riff repeater (which I stil need to check out).

I already liked this game a LOT and was way better on bass (mostly their funky tablite is easier to read with 4 colors)...but getting my new bass made me really damned good, hah. Glad to see it's still getting development, the song packs have to be making a killing because they honestly make the game. I mean, it bums me out to jam at my friend's house with NO DLC AT ALL. No Rush? No Maiden? YE GODS!
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #321 on: October 05, 2016, 04:55:24 AM

Can't you get the DLC if you login with your Ubisoft or Steam account at your friend's place? Steam Friends & Family Sharing maybe?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #322 on: October 05, 2016, 06:21:44 AM

Probably, but his computer was old and a mess (he's a hippy), so I'm not about to put my info in there!
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #323 on: November 24, 2016, 08:30:02 AM

So, my nephew has been learning cording on acoustic for a while now, is really in to it, and has asked Santa for an electric guitar this year.

He's also a complete XBox One addict (Minecraft mostly).

So my question is, is Rocksmith accessible to an old for his age nine year old?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: November 24, 2016, 09:05:14 AM

I'd say likely yes, probably the most important factor will be getting the right guitar for his size.

Reminded me of this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejY7WOJB1HM
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #325 on: November 24, 2016, 04:27:07 PM

Probably. Invert the fretboard display in game, I don't know why they made it backwards. Otherwise he would struggle reading real music later.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #326 on: November 24, 2016, 06:43:42 PM

Since he already knows how to play a bit on the acoustic guitar he should fine on Rocksmith. Rocksmith is designed to accommodate all ranges of players including total beginners and has lots of settings and modes to help beginners along.

Probably. Invert the fretboard display in game, I don't know why they made it backwards. Otherwise he would struggle reading real music later.
I understand why they have it that way* but it can cause a lot of confusion for those who either already know tabulature or want to learn how to read it later on.

*  it matches the order of strings if you imagine your fretboard is transparent and you are looking at the strings through the back of the fretboard
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: November 24, 2016, 08:18:29 PM

I played briefly with a couple guys I knew in a 3 piece. I was guitar and vox, the drummer was the drummer, but the bassist was a percussionist I've known for decades (used to run sound for my band in the day). He'd been playing bass for about 4-6 months using Rocksmith to learn and was able to hang for a four hour jam using just charts printed from the Internet. I was impressed (granted, he's been in bands for ever but that was still a 0-60 kinda thing).

Amazing learning tool, and fun for old farts like me who don't want the headache of dealing with bandmates :)

Obligatory "wish they'd add a real tablature mode" rant. Because then it would be near perfect. And always support tracks from previous versions because holy crap.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: November 25, 2016, 02:43:30 PM

I really need to go get a guitar or bass and play this. I bought it in a 3am amazon sale Trippy posted about like 3 years ago and it still hasn't come out of the box.  why so serious?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #329 on: November 25, 2016, 05:46:37 PM

Yes. Yes you do!
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #330 on: December 15, 2016, 04:54:31 PM

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #331 on: December 15, 2016, 05:03:13 PM

Sweet!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #332 on: December 15, 2016, 09:44:16 PM

As someone who primarily plays a classical guitar...not sure why that's a thing. Outside of my very limited current situation (trying to get my middle finger healthy and can't play bass or electric guitar), I'd never consider playing rocksmith on an acoustic. And even now, I'm just waiting it out. Also, no USB mic, I run my XLR mics through a USB preamp, not sure if that works.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #333 on: December 15, 2016, 10:02:31 PM

There are plenty of DLC songs (i.e. not counting all the user generated songs) that have guitar parts that were played on acoustic guitars on the originals and I think it would be fun to play those parts on an acoustic in the game as well.
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #334 on: December 16, 2016, 12:09:32 AM

Love that they decided to just keep improving this. DLC song sales must be good money. (not a great surprise)
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #335 on: December 16, 2016, 09:22:24 AM

I DON'T THINK PEOPLE BUY DLC FOR THIS NOPE
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #336 on: December 29, 2016, 02:30:14 PM

I have someone who requested a ukulele as a gift. I'm thinking that it is much more likely to see sustained use if it could be used with Rocksmith. Some quick googling shows a few unanswered questions and some old articles talking about how it will be possible when Rocksmith 2014 releases. Can anyone here confirm that this does/does not work? If it does, is there an instrument you would reccommend in the $50-150 price range?

*edit*

After continuing to read on this, it seems like a U bass seems to work, but not a regular ukulele.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 03:13:09 PM by Bann »
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #337 on: March 16, 2017, 09:22:55 PM

For beginners and those tired of trying to remember the plaskool color coding...

https://www.amazon.com/DR-Strings-NMCB-45-Guitar-Multi-Color/dp/B00DMACALC

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #338 on: March 17, 2017, 09:51:21 AM

I have less of a problem remembering and more of a problem being able to pick the right string. "fuck that was the 5th.."

OR just plain not being able to get my hand in the right place fast enough. "14th fret, 19th, 3rd..fuck!"

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #339 on: March 17, 2017, 11:54:50 AM

That comes with time. The 15th and 17th fret markers are really useful to memorize early on, and the pentatonic box helps remember 12/14, as well.

What throws me at the top is the 20+ fret stuff, not helped by my new bass only being a 20-fret model (my old one was a full 24 fret).
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #340 on: May 02, 2017, 11:45:05 PM

Pretty cool Guardians of the Galaxy themed DLC pack this week:

Blue Swede - “Hooked On A Feeling”
David Bowie - “Moonage Daydream”
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”
Raspberries - “Go All The Way”
Redbone - “Come And Get Your Love”

More Bowie is always welcome (and Moonage Daydream would be in my top 5 favorite Bowie songs).
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #341 on: August 22, 2017, 08:55:28 PM

tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #342 on: August 23, 2017, 12:15:21 PM

The airbourne song pack this week is a lot of fun. Not often I play through twice in a row.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: August 23, 2017, 05:56:24 PM

I usually wait until they go on sale, but that one's on the list. Great band, hadn't heard them before.

I did buy the Muddy Waters pack at release, because Mississippi mud runs in my veins. And I now hate Willie Dixon's standup bass licks :D
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #344 on: August 24, 2017, 10:10:39 AM

Yeah Muddy Waters was a must-buy. Also (kinda) on the subject on infographics, have you seen this?

http://theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-remastered-1000-songs-exclusive-interview-paul-cross-brian-mccune/

The interview vid at the end was actually worth listening to, lots of insight into their process.
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #345 on: August 28, 2017, 10:37:00 PM

Looks like a fair bir of DLC is on sale today, 40% off.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #346 on: January 02, 2020, 01:41:59 PM

I guess I've been talking about this in the generic threads, so here's a cool thing I learned today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/egimx0/there_is_asio_support/

And in case we haven't discussed it in this thread, for posterity:

http://ignition.customsforge.com/

edited to add: I have a dusty old Scarlett 8i8 that I need to get out and learn to use better. Less latency, less cable nose, more options? Yes, please.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 01:44:44 PM by Sky »
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #347 on: April 03, 2020, 08:35:38 PM

No more Rocksmith DLC. Team working on new project.

Can't say they didn't support the hell out of this game. No word on what their new project is but it stands to reason that it's probably something music-based.

Hello, Rocksmith Players!

We have big news today: The Rocksmith team, both here in Ubisoft San Francisco and globally, is thrilled to finally let you know that we’ve been hard at work on a new project!

To that end, we now need to shift focus away from DLC creation. As of this week’s Opeth Song Pack, Rocksmith Remastered has concluded its scheduled DLC releases. After 383 weeks of DLC releases, this pack brings us to a total of 1570 songs in the Rocksmith library, spanning over 7 decades (or 3 centuries, in the case of Bachsmith) and covering a multitude of genres for guitar and bass. For over a decade, we’ve watched players learn, grow, and constantly surprise us with your talent, creativity, and eagerness to help one another reach your goals. We truly could not be more proud to play a part in this guitar journey with you.

Although we will no longer be releasing new DLC, we still have weekly online content planned for Rocksmith fans. The Rocksmith Dev Stream will continue (in a new format), along with some more surprises. We will also continue to share updates for our new project when we’re ready on our website, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

From everyone at Rocksmith and Ubisoft, we thank you. Your continued support of Rocksmith is humbling, and we can’t wait to start the next leg of our music learning journey together.
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #348 on: April 04, 2020, 02:22:40 AM

Well, shit  Heartbreak that sucks. There was so much more I was wanting them to add.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #349 on: April 04, 2020, 10:54:08 AM

I mean, they have milked it for 6 years  awesome, for real

I'm hoping it's a new version, since this one seems to have been lucrative enough for them. And I'm hoping they incorporate some of the stuff I've been lobbying for (chart mode and concert mode like the original Rocksmith with venues/crowds/encores etc). Native ASIO support would be cool, too (if you have an interface I highly recommend playing around with the stuff I linked in my last post!).

And mixed bag as it is, there's way more CDLC than there is DLC, so still lots to fill out the playlist (link to custom forge in my last post, git you some!). Worst case scenario, it just become a platform for CDLC, but I can't see Ubi leaving that weekly paycheck on the table.

Anyway, if it is a new version and not just moving on from the project entirely, that means they're getting close to release, in my opinion. They'd likely need the charters near the end to fill out the content. Unless the charters are getting involved in designing the charting end of things, which could be great for the custom forge folks. It's not exactly a fun experience (I couldn't get it working at all on my mac, I think I can finish my test DLC on my PC...if I don't have to rebuy any of the software. And I went to school for this kind of thing back in the day, heh.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Rocksmith  
Jump to: