Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:35:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: World War Z 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: World War Z  (Read 27672 times)
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: July 01, 2013, 04:39:29 AM

I have read about the original ending for the movie, big chunks of it already being filmed before the execs (and probably Brad Pitt) knew that it would not have worked.

Not to be confused with the original original ending which

I'm totally JMS' bitch, but it's a very good script. The sad part to me is that Pitt can pull that kind of thing off and I wish he'd tried.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: September 16, 2013, 05:34:35 PM

Finaly saw this.

This surprised me how much I enjoyed it. If it was called ANYTHING but World War Z, it would have taken my single biggest complaint away.

This is pretty much how I feel about the movie.  WWZ is my favourite audio book of all time, maybe some day I will have time to read the original.

I was suprised how well fast "zombies" worked in the movie. The teeth clacking did send shivers down my spine. Now excuse me while I make sure nobody and nothing is hiding in my closet.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #177 on: September 17, 2013, 08:16:44 AM

I just read the book.  It was interesting, but the interview format removed a lot of the drama for me.  I will see this movie when it hits Netflix.

I have never played WoW.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: September 17, 2013, 10:31:45 AM

I liked the book because it covered the "world going to shit" part, most zombie stories skip that.  Big reason i liked The Stand also.  But yeah, not a whole lot of drama when the story is being told by survivors.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: September 17, 2013, 12:40:56 PM

That's not really why I read it though.  It wasn't really about that.  For me anyway.  And I hope others.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: September 17, 2013, 07:22:39 PM

I liked the book because it covered the "world going to shit" part, most zombie stories skip that.  Big reason i liked The Stand also.  But yeah, not a whole lot of drama when the story is being told by survivors.
This. I liked seeing the zombie apocalypse actually happen on a broad scale; the story of a plucky band of survivors on the run has been done to death, but there hasn't been a lot of big picture zombie fiction.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #181 on: September 18, 2013, 07:53:14 AM

Screen Junkies: "Honest World War Z Trailer"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2cS5Fv5xIQ

They produce some great stuff, and I think they hit the nail square on the head with this one.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: September 18, 2013, 11:05:05 AM

That was awesome. wtf Matthew Fox?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: September 19, 2013, 04:27:56 PM

Yeah, that pretty much nailed it for me.

I've never read the books, and I'm often a pretty easy mark for zombie stuff.

I finally watched it lats night. One of the most boring movies I've seen in awhile. The plot had absolutely no tension, and was just a series of setpieces.

beer geek.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #184 on: September 20, 2013, 08:28:49 AM

I just read the book.  It was interesting, but the interview format removed a lot of the drama for me.  I will see this movie when it hits Netflix.

Ignore the last sentencei n my previous post.  That Screen Junkies trailer killed it, especially the scrolling list of things from the book that were not in the movie.

I have never played WoW.
schild
Administrator

Reply #185 on: September 20, 2013, 05:10:28 PM

Can't tell if they're idiots or really couldn't tell it was Pepsi at the end.

Anyway, it was watchably stupid. But then, zombies and Brad Pitt - which was the entire idea anyway. I expected it to be Resident Evil 2 levels of unwatchable - but it wasn't. Because, uh, Brad Pitt.

(edit: I didn't actually like the book all that much, so there's no sacred cow here for me)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #186 on: September 20, 2013, 05:17:39 PM

Can't tell if they're idiots or really couldn't tell it was Pepsi at the end.

Are you drunk or is your sarcasm impaired?

schild
Administrator

Reply #187 on: September 20, 2013, 08:49:01 PM

Neither. It was a crappy joke. Being subtle about wanting a Pepsi would've been funnier, and I assume these are trying to be funny. I've never seen Screen Junkies before though. Is sarcasm as a fallback mechanism for comedy their modus operandi?
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: September 22, 2013, 09:43:49 AM

I took it as "man, that product placement is so disgusting, it makes me want their main competitor". So, yeah, I guess sarcasm.

beer geek.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #189 on: June 17, 2014, 01:54:41 PM

This is on Netflix now if you were curious.

As many have said, it's okay as a dumb zombie/disaster movie.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #190 on: June 17, 2014, 02:12:58 PM

Saw it on HBO and started somewhere around the supermarket scene.  I couldn't get through his first sortie where the scientist dies without going, "this is goddamn stupid," and turning it off. 

More power to those who could.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: World War Z  
Jump to: