Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2018, 02:58:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Elite: Dangerous 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elite: Dangerous  (Read 168076 times)
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #2065 on: April 24, 2018, 10:48:11 AM

Thank You for tips.
Did You ever died to heat? I've read that there is small chance that You will jump into a system between two suns.
Also why people recommend fitting SRV?

I recommend fitting heatsink launchers. That small chance increases with the number of systems you visit. I've had this happen a few times during my last two exploration runs. Usually because you end up too close to a massive star, exit from hyperspace between a binary star pair or get to close to a white dwarf or neutron star's jet. Or simply because you screw up fuel scooping.

It's also a matter of routine, an expedition means you'll probably do hundreds of jumps and you'll do the same basic steps every time you enter a new system. (orient yourself, "honk", refuel, check system map etc.). This will get repetitve and you'll likely lose concentration and eventually screw up. Happened to all of us as well.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #2066 on: April 24, 2018, 07:25:28 PM

You can open the map and color stars by Star Class, then check the boxes only for KGB FOAM stars, and also (bottom checkbox) "Apply Filter To Route" et voila: you can now fuel at every jump and never run into neutron stars.  Of course, there's still a chance to jump into a pair of regular stars and get heated up.   So it's still recommended that you take along a heat sink launcher.

When I had my Diamondback Explorer (DBX), I put a cabin in the top slot and took a mission for a tourist for 10,000 LY, paying 20 million.  Used spansh's RoadToRiches for the first 100 jumps, because you can just copy-paste the "next destination" from his website right into the map, and bumped that 20 million to 100 million, scanning just the Earth-like worlds indicated.  Put my name on a couple systems far from the bubble.  Took a couple days to do the round trip, and was scary at the end because my dear passenger didn't want to get scanned, and I almost crashed into the station trying to land before a scan could finish.

EDIT:  I sold the cartographics data in Ethgreze to gain Alliance reputation and unlock Bill Turner.  Put me right at 100% allied, unlocked Alioth system permit.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 07:30:18 PM by ajax34i »
disKret
Terracotta Army

Reply #2067 on: April 25, 2018, 03:37:39 AM

Is there a tool dedicated to road2riches that will avoid already visited systems during route plotting?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2068 on: April 25, 2018, 03:47:10 AM

Yes.  It's called Notepad.txt.

awesome, for real

(In all seriousness, the thing I linked earlier will show you where you've been, but I'm not familiar with a tool that will take that and make a customised RtR for you.)

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2069 on: April 25, 2018, 06:13:44 AM

It's also a matter of routine, an expedition means you'll probably do hundreds of jumps and you'll do the same basic steps every time you enter a new system. (orient yourself, "honk", refuel, check system map etc.). This will get repetitve and you'll likely lose concentration and eventually screw up. Happened to all of us as well.

Exacgtly how I damaged myself in my trip.

With regards to my double Repair and no shield policy, I was on a trip to Colonia, and I had no plans to landing, so it made sense to me. Colonia is a long trip, even with the planetary outposts along the way as rest stops. But yeah, first time trip, bring a shield.

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #2070 on: April 25, 2018, 06:54:27 AM

Is there a tool dedicated to road2riches that will avoid already visited systems during route plotting?

I used this: https://www.alpha-orbital.com/pathfinder

It's great and if you're using the same PC, it remembers where you were up to (via a cookie I think). It has some glitches in the data where it groups two systems together as one, but you can always work it out and it continues being useful.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #2071 on: April 25, 2018, 07:02:44 AM

or, worse, into 3 stars clustered together with no way out but through !
exit from hyperspace between a binary star pair

I don't think this can happen anymore. A few patches ago, they made it so that if the spawn point is a binary/trinary star, you spawn further away than normal (i.e. it's easy mode now). I now explore with only one heatsink launcher and I keep it switched off unless I need it, because otherwise I tend to accidentally fire it off. You can also restock heatsink launcher ammo via synthesis, so unless you're firing off 3 or more heatsink charges in an emergency, one heatsink may be okay now.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 07:05:39 AM by Tale »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2072 on: April 25, 2018, 09:40:54 AM

It happened to me last week.  I suppose, yeah, I could have turned or moved, but my next waypoint was THROUGH DAMMIT !!!

awesome, for real

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #2073 on: May 23, 2018, 12:51:44 AM

"BONUS WEEKEND" this weekend: May 24 to May 30

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/428502-Bonus-Weekend-Trade-amp-Engineering-(24-05-to-30-05)

All profits from trading activities will be increased. The amount of profit will vary depending on what you are shipping and where you’re shipping it to. (Rare commodities are excluded from this bonus.)

The materials requested for engineering recipes will be at one rank below the existing ones. (G5 mods will require only the materials used for G4 mods, G4 will use G3 materials, etc.)

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2074 on: May 23, 2018, 03:42:52 AM

That may break my current Shadow of War dependency.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Elite: Dangerous  
Jump to: