Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:45:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Update 1.5 is on PTS, meatbags. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Update 1.5 is on PTS, meatbags.  (Read 11473 times)
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

on: October 12, 2012, 01:20:15 AM

Patch Notes

Highlights

Travel to Section X on Belsavis and learn why the nefarious Dread Guard has seized control of this ravaged sector of the planet! Section X can be accessed on Belsavis and via the daily mission shuttles.
    HK-51 can now be acquired as a Companion Character! A shipment of the infamous assassin droids can be found in the wreck of an Imperial transport ship, The Fatality, in Section X. Reactivating HK-51 requires finding and assembling parts from across the galaxy.
    Nightmare Mode is now available for Operation: Explosive Conflict! Bosses in Nightmare Mode present a new level of challenge, new mechanics, and high-quality rewards (such as a new vehicle and Dread Guard set pieces)!
    Dreadtooth, a new world boss, can be found roaming Section X. Each time Dreadtooth is defeated, he returns with a temporary, stacking power buff which increases his difficulty and the quality of his loot rewards.

Group Finder

Travelling to a new area while in a Group Finder queue no longer occasionally causes the UI to behave as if the player is not in the queue.

Items

Campaign armorings are now available for purchase on the Black Hole vendor for Black Hole Commendations.
    Dread Guard relics are now available on the Daily vendor for 300 Daily Commendations.
    A new set of droid armor is now available from the Daily vendor.
    More robes have been adjusted so that their backsides are not inappropriately large when worn.

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

Several typos and instances of incorrect text have been corrected in all languages.
    The Imperial Medcenter in the vicinity of the wreck of the Ambria’s Fury has been moved Northeast.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 06:13:21 PM

More robes have been adjusted so that their backsides are not inappropriately large when worn.

lawl

God Save the Horn Players
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 10:58:26 AM

you laugh but that annoys the hell out of me.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 02:34:58 PM

Oh, I know. It's never really bothered me, but Ingmar has complained more than once about how his JK's robe makes his ass look big. You boys are so vain!  why so serious?

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 10:20:53 AM

I thought HK-51 was going to be part of the Mekab stuff?
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 12:09:28 PM

Did they ever tone down lieutenant health in the level 40-50 range?  I never did finish my quest line and would like to do so on a f2p basis if the annyoing stuff like that has been mitigated.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 04:49:03 PM

Couldn't tell you, as I never found LT health to be too awful in that range, and now that I'm legacy level eighty-billion and have a presence of a zillion, my ability to judge shit like that is completely broken.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 11:29:48 AM

I thought HK-51 was going to be part of the Mekab stuff?

He probably was, but Bioware now has this very public "new content every six weeks!" pledge, so 1.5 with HK, Nightmare Explosive Conflict, and the new world boss that nobody will do will probably go live in 3-4 more weeks with EC practically guaranteed to be buggy as shit (we're entering week 3 of post-1.4 and Bioware hasn't even begun to address bugs and tuning in Terror From Beyond, never mind its loot issues). Six weeks after that we'll probably have F2P, possibly with the new warzone. Then Makeb six weeks after, maybe with Cathar, etc.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 04:57:49 PM

Is there less running and fewer bullshit filler quests yet?

I was thinking of starting this up again, but then I remembered it had as much running as the other goddamn star wars MMOG. I'd quite like to finish off the storylines for my swtor guys, but oh god the running.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 05:06:46 PM

The amount of running has not changed.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 05:10:15 PM

Buying a speeder for level 10 (as a legacy thing) is worth every goddamn credit, though.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 09:17:05 PM

1-49 pvp is still great fun too.  Almost worth the sub price alone.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 11:52:12 PM

1-49 pvp is still great fun too.  Almost worth the sub price alone.
OTOH, level 50 pvp is absolutely fucking terrible... or was when I last played a few months back. Have they addressed any of the main issues (constant pubstomping by premades, lack of variety due to no cross-server warzones, huge gear disparity, some classes able to one-shot people) since then?

I've also been thinking about doing a resub (partly to get in on the cartel coin bonuses, partly to check out some of the new content while my guild is in the "we are still playing GW2, but not that much... and may check out MOP in a few months" slump). Assuming that I have a legacy level of 30ish, what would be the best choices for, say, a fledgling sith warrior or a low-mid level agent? Well, other than the level 10 speeder, that is  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 11:56:56 PM by Zetor »

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 03:32:07 AM

I think the level 50 PvP experience varies pretty wildly depending on your class. When I hit 50 on my scoundrel, I was sure I would get completely slaughtered constantly in my shitty newb PvP gear ... but I didn't. Yes, there was an occasional marauder that felt like he three-shot me, and I could do nothing about being assist trained (still can't!), but I don't generally have much patience for getting curbstomped (as Fordel would tell you), and I still found it pretty fun at level 50. The maps cycle pretty well (no cross server PvP isn't that big a deal, as it turns out, if you squash a LOT of people on one server) and I haven't noticed a big "oh god it's a premade" problem, at least on Ebon Hawke, but I may play at the wrong hours for that, who knows!

That said, the scoundrel is sort of hilarious as a PvP healer, so I suspect that's part of why I found it fun, even in my shit gear. Very mobile, has stealth, etc. <3

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 09:52:03 AM

Is there less running and fewer bullshit filler quests yet?

You get sprint at level 1 and speeder at 10.  As for bullshit filler quests, I just do several characters and use rested xp.   Throw in some warzones/instances and you can skip that shit.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Update 1.5 is on PTS, meatbags.  
Jump to: