Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:40:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Patch 5.1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 5.1  (Read 36603 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #70 on: October 25, 2012, 01:27:54 PM

They also need a fucking "sell all junk" button. ALL games need this.
There's an addon for this: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/sell-junk

It needs to be in the DEFAULT UI. I try to keep my mods to a bare minimum. :P

But thanks, I'll think about adding that one in!

I disagree with the vault aspect.  Make it currency. No damn reason to be taking up my bank space with as many different veg. stacks as are required for the nonsense of Cooking-for-faction. Keep in mind their argument for not expanding banks or your starter backpack is some sort of database thing. This eliminates that excuse because it's evidently trivial to add another line with a counter for factions & currencies.

I don't know if you've played GW2, but the way their vaults work for crafting materials is about what you're asking for, which is what we were saying they should steal. It doesn't take up space in your Real Vault, it's basically a currency page displayed when you visit your vault (BUT you can also take it back out, unlike currency in WoW).

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #71 on: October 25, 2012, 01:28:52 PM

GW1 works like that for that matter.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: October 30, 2012, 05:36:22 PM

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=19313
Scroll down to "Gib the banana-hoarder"

Also, new Darkmoon Faire music for new attractions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-ltaAh-zNY

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: October 31, 2012, 12:53:02 AM

I'm a bit pissed about this - Nuramoc, Chromaggus, Jadefang, (Skoll) - I camped their spawns forever and Chrom was a bitch to tame when groups wanted to kill him - now they aren't as unique as they once were

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #74 on: November 27, 2012, 07:09:31 AM

Seems to be going live today.  There is a list of gear from grinding another faction.  I can't imagine how bad that quest area is going to be tonight.

Edit: Talk to wrathion first since the stuff you will be killing gives his new rep level.  I'm unsure if you have to finish the turn in of the ten seals quest first.  I still don't have the 10 from the klaxxi raids.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:12:52 AM by Miasma »
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: November 27, 2012, 07:29:24 AM

Yep, live today.  Don't mean to be a shill for mmo-champion (their community is fucking awful), but their rundown is pretty good.  Scroll down a bit here:  http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/ to find information.

Seems PvP players got a little bit of a nod with the Avatar changes and Focused Will changes.  Also, glad to see the trash changes...two hour trash respawn timers can kiss my ass.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #76 on: November 27, 2012, 07:54:06 AM

Fight club requires an invite before you can even do the faction.  So if you have no friends, you get no fight club unless you win an invite on the black market.  That seems rather stupid.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #77 on: November 27, 2012, 07:58:26 AM

Fight club requires an invite before you can even do the faction.  So if you have no friends, you get no fight club unless you win an invite on the black market.  That seems rather stupid.

It will work itself out. Most people have guilds. Guilds can pool resources. Get the GM in, invites to follow, profit.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: November 27, 2012, 08:46:31 AM

It will work itself out. Most people have guilds. Guilds can pool resources. Get the GM in, invites to follow, profit.

It's my understanding (and the lack of ridiculous mouthbreathing on forums) that getting into the Brawler's Guild isn't that difficult after a few weeks.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #79 on: November 27, 2012, 09:12:04 AM

Yeah, it's the logarithmic way invites will expand.  Doesn't make it any less dumb, particularly if you're limited to the number of invites you can hand off per day.   Sort of encourages people to fleece other players the first few weeks.  "Selling brawlers invites, 15k per!"

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: November 27, 2012, 01:50:36 PM

My understanding was that you wont be able to hand out brawlers guild invites untill you reach some kind of internal Rank milestone with the guild (after successfully compleatin a certain number of brawls).

Also, appearently invites can drop off of certain opposite faction NPCs (likely any PvE related Kill X alliance / horde NPC in the war-effort that was launched in the new patch).

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: November 27, 2012, 01:59:00 PM

I didn't notice this until today but you'll be able to spend JP to upgrade blue-quality items too. The example on MMO champion shows that you can upgrade a blue item once, gaining 8 ilvls, for 1500 JP. That will be a nice alternative upgrade path for those that don't want to do VP/rep for upgrades, and should make it easier to open up later tiers of LFR faster.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #82 on: November 27, 2012, 02:11:22 PM

It will also help those of us who can't fucking win a drop to save our lives.   Raided every week, used my 'lucky coins' to the max and have one.. ONE item to show for it.  This is why I've always despised random systems and said points should always augment drops.

Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: November 27, 2012, 02:46:57 PM

The Good:

The UI changes/prompting for CC isn't bad.

The Bad:

They fixed the monk daily exp buff.

The Ugly:

They appear to have broken mob pathfinding a little bit.  EDIT: Or the instance server I was on was on fire.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:58:30 PM by Sheepherder »
dalien
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: November 27, 2012, 04:00:54 PM

Yeah, it's the logarithmic way invites will expand.  Doesn't make it any less dumb, particularly if you're limited to the number of invites you can hand off per day.   Sort of encourages people to fleece other players the first few weeks.  "Selling brawlers invites, 15k per!"

It won't expand that much from player invites.  The way it works is you get one invite (ever) to hand out once you reach rank 8 (or rank 7, not positive).  The mobs around that rank are pretty rough to beat also, not everyone who gets in will be maxing their rank anytime soon.

Also, appearently invites can drop off of certain opposite faction NPCs (likely any PvE related Kill X alliance / horde NPC in the war-effort that was launched in the new patch).

Yeah, they're dropping off the new "rare" NPCs in the new Horde/Alliance daily hubs.  See http://www.wowhead.com/item=93194#comments .  Probably the easiest way to get an invite right now if they're not overly camped on your realm.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #85 on: November 28, 2012, 08:52:27 AM

I tried one of the new scenarios. It was pretty fun setting up defenses and helping add supplies to increase the build rates. Sort of like a mini-version of the WC3 idea.

The daily hub is BEYOND underwhelming. I got 4 quests to destroy boxes, kill 10 guys, kill 5 big guys, and set off 3 mechanical scouts. Lame.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #86 on: November 28, 2012, 06:47:46 PM

5.1 old raid notes:

-Kara's chess encounter is still not fun to do solo.
-Mags can easily be soloed by a tank or non-cloth DPS class.
-Maulgar however cannot be soloed period due to all of the CC his subordinates do being completely unblockable. Boooooo.
-The days of getting all whatever token isn't for your class are back baby!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 06:51:05 PM by Fabricated »

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #87 on: November 28, 2012, 08:25:27 PM

Can't you just AOE down Maulgar's adds?  They only have ~300k hps, that's fewer than the Ithik mobs in Dread Wastes.   Hrm.   At worst you'd have to Duo.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: November 28, 2012, 11:31:05 PM

5.1 old raid notes:

-Kara's chess encounter is still not fun to do solo.
-Mags can easily be soloed by a tank or non-cloth DPS class.
-Maulgar however cannot be soloed period due to all of the CC his subordinates do being completely unblockable. Boooooo.
-The days of getting all whatever token isn't for your class are back baby!
Was going to say, pretty sure Malugar was being soloed by tank classes at 85.  Dont see why most dps classes couldnt just burn the shit out of the high priority adds at 90, then mop up the rest.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: November 29, 2012, 03:24:25 AM

I have no idea where people are getting all these JP's.  I looked at the upgrade cost, looked at the meagre amount I've earned thus far and said Fuck That.

I do still really like gardening tho.

Have they changed the time on some of the growing ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #90 on: November 29, 2012, 03:51:21 AM

Maulgar's adds can't be AOE'd, at least not by my prot warrior. You can't rage out of the fear and poly spam, and blindeye tends to get his massive group heal off during that time. Try it.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: November 29, 2012, 04:35:15 AM

I have no idea where people are getting all these JP's.  I looked at the upgrade cost, looked at the meagre amount I've earned thus far and said Fuck That.

I believe the only change to farming is that some realms will now have their crops "mature" at a different time (they should come up when dailys reset for your realm now).

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: November 29, 2012, 04:36:50 AM

So the normal crops were always 3 hours ?

Hmmm.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #93 on: November 29, 2012, 05:05:19 AM

Maulgar's adds can't be AOE'd, at least not by my prot warrior. You can't rage out of the fear and poly spam, and blindeye tends to get his massive group heal off during that time. Try it.

I'll have to hit 90 on my DK first.  I know I'm not trying to AOE all that on my hunter or rogue.  Last time I was in there we were 80 with a group of 10 and they just melted.

I still run heroics because even "only" 40 VP in 20-30 minutes is a hell of a lot faster than quest grinding out 8 daily quests. (See earlier "if you're grinding dailies for VP you're dumb" argument.)  So I have a stock of JP sitting there waiting to be spent.

Normal crops would always 'grow' at midnight PST, (GMT for Euro, I suppose), I thought.  Maybe it's just your playtime and when crops mature on your server now.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 05:09:42 AM by Merusk »

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #94 on: November 29, 2012, 06:36:48 AM

From what I saw on my server last night, the Brawler's invites with "short" timers were already up to 115,000 gold.

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: November 29, 2012, 06:40:36 AM

If folks are looking for a healer to insta-queue with for ease of VP (or even achievement runs), I'm happy to assist.  PM me for my e-mail for realid (or pull it off steam, etc. etc.).  No idea what my bnet tag thingy is.

Also, I've heard very, very positive reviews for the BoA rep thing on alts now.  If you quest through dread wastes on an alt, you should be almost revered (which is a HUGE plus for alts; Klaxxi dailies are the worst).

Edit:  I'm cmlancas#1841 apparently.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 07:23:22 AM by cmlancas »

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #96 on: November 29, 2012, 06:42:55 AM

I plan on buying those rep things and capping off my reps this weekend that I've been holding off on.

Then probably leveling up the shammy.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: November 29, 2012, 06:45:35 AM

You do need to get to revered on your main (several weeks of dailies) in order to unlock the double-rep thing, right?

Also - what is the best / least grindy option for getting Black Prince rep? I'm 10/10 9/10 on my sigils after this week's LFR, so should be moving onto the next step of my legendary quest next week (hope there aren't any more rep grinds :p)

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: November 29, 2012, 06:50:16 AM

You do need to get to revered on your main (several weeks of dailies) in order to unlock the double-rep thing, right?

Also - what is the best / least grindy option for getting Black Prince rep? I'm 10/10 9/10 on my sigils after this week's LFR, so should be moving onto the next step of my legendary quest next week (hope there aren't any more rep grinds :p)

Yep, revered on your main.  But honestly, that's not too much of a cockpunch.  It's rather manageable (and in my case, I burn out about halfway to exalted).

I'm not aware of a "least grindy" alternative since the insta-respawn quillen dogs were taken out of Guo-lai halls.  Probably what I would do is continue to do Golden Lotus dailies to kill Mogu so at least I was getting gold/valor/BP rep while doing something else.
Otherwise, you're stuck at a camp somewhere EQ1 style (I STILL LOVE YOU ORC BELTS).

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #99 on: November 29, 2012, 07:08:34 AM

The new guards spawning in the Wilds on Domination point give me Black Prince rep, so I think that's probably the easiest. I've popped the WoW 8th anny token and pulled in about 25 per kill.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #100 on: November 29, 2012, 07:11:40 AM

I'll have to hit 90 on my DK first.  I know I'm not trying to AOE all that on my hunter or rogue.  Last time I was in there we were 80 with a group of 10 and they just melted.
Oh yeah, if you even had a second person I think it'd be just fine, but solo you get chain feared/frogged and I can't put blindeye down fast enough to get a handle on the fight.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: November 29, 2012, 10:26:30 AM

Oh yeah, if you even had a second person I think it'd be just fine, but solo you get chain feared/frogged and I can't put blindeye down fast enough to get a handle on the fight.

Any sort of pet you can spawn that provides a second target (or more) will help with those sorts of fights. Treants, White Tiger, Ghouls, etc. The few of the rare spawns in Pandaria also drop "summon helper" items which allow any class to do it. It's still down to RNG, but it's how people solo Maulgar. You only need a few seconds uninterrupted to kill the priest ogre and the rest will fall pretty easily after.

Or you can just invite a second person and it turns into a free kill.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: November 29, 2012, 10:30:05 AM

Or be a blood DK.  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: November 29, 2012, 03:49:15 PM

From what I saw on my server last night, the Brawler's invites with "short" timers were already up to 115,000 gold.

They went for around 80-100k on Cenarius last night and as of right now they're all hovering around 10-30k. These are going to be pretty affordable via BMAH within a week unless Blizzard starts posting less of them.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #104 on: November 29, 2012, 05:00:03 PM

General forums are all  Mob because the Brawlers guild queues were being shared with CRZ.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Patch 5.1  
Jump to: