Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:12:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: A good day to Die Hard 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A good day to Die Hard  (Read 4710 times)
disKret
Terracotta Army

on: October 05, 2012, 06:05:26 AM

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 11:11:04 AM

February?!

The use of Beethoven's 9th is a throwback to Die Hard 1 and 2, which both occured during Christmas season. 3 was like Spring/Summer and Live Free or Die Hard, well, I'll call that a label slap.

I wonder if this was slated for Fall this year but they realized the brand wouldn't resonate strongly enough.
disKret
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 12:22:28 PM

I wonder if this was slated for Fall this year but they realized the brand wouldn't resonate strongly enough.

Didnt want to compete with "double O seven"?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 12:39:07 PM

That was a weak ass trailer.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 01:35:22 PM

The 9th is there because it is all through Die Hard 1, yes, but that had nothing to do with Christmas. It isn't Christmas music, the reason it's used so much in the first movie is it is an homage to A Clockwork Orange.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 11:18:27 AM

Good god, is Bruce Willis hardup for money or something?

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 11:22:48 AM

The 9th is there because it is all through Die Hard 1, yes, but that had nothing to do with Christmas. It isn't Christmas music, the reason it's used so much in the first movie is it is an homage to A Clockwork Orange.

That's probably right. However, growing up, the 9th was sung as Ode to Joy at Christmas time at Church, which is why I always made that corrolation. In my head anyway smiley
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 02:12:54 PM

They screwed up Budapest's downtown traffic for at least a month and a half filming this stuff, so it'd better be good-- ahaha who am I kidding.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 08:11:53 AM

Good god, is Bruce Willis hardup for money or something?

I just don't think he particularly cares. I think he likes working and making dumb action movies.

beer geek.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 08:15:12 AM

He's like Brett Favre of movies.  Bring on Hudson Hawk 2!

"Me am play gods"
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 04:58:49 PM

It doesn't even have Ramona Flowers, lame.

I am the .00000001428%
Hammond
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 10:45:40 AM

Mini Necro, so this is out now and I caught it Sunday night.

So it was a decent action flick all said and done. The chase scene at the first was one of the best I have ever seen. The plot line however was just "meh". The actor that played Bruce Willis son actually did a decent job for his part and I imagine he will get a couple cheesy actions flicks from this.  During the previews they showed the Gi-Joe sequel (with Bruce Willis) and the Red 2 sequel (again Bruce Willis) while I was watching a Bruce Willis movie. How many sequels can you do in one year?

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 11:46:09 AM

How many sequels can you do in one year?

Bruce knows to cash in as hard and as fast as he can.

I have never played WoW.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 12:25:58 PM

To be fair to Bruce, GI Joe 2 was supposed to be out this previous summer but the studio pulled it and ordered reshoots and more Channing Tatum.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 05:32:52 PM

Forgot about this thread. This sucked. It was a generic action flick upon which they slapped some Bruce Willis in post production. Even his traditional MacClane-isms felt phoned in, and way after filming ended. This was less a Die Hard movie than I Robot was an I Robot movie.

Between this, the highly forgettable Schwarzenegger flick, and the I-can't-even-remember-its-name Stallone movie, it's like these guys forgot Expendables was largely a sendup and not a reinvigoration of a 40 year old action movie career.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 06:58:18 PM

To be fair to Bruce, GI Joe 2 was supposed to be out this previous summer but the studio pulled it and ordered reshoots and more Channing Tatum.

And "Red" was a fun action film and I'm looking forward to "Red 2".

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 09:59:31 PM

Forgot about this thread. This sucked. It was a generic action flick upon which they slapped some Bruce Willis in post production. Even his traditional MacClane-isms felt phoned in, and way after filming ended. This was less a Die Hard movie than I Robot was an I Robot movie.
Take a drink every time he mentions that he is on vacation.  By time you are half way through the movie, you should be hammered enough that it starts to seem good  awesome, for real

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 05:05:50 PM

I know right? The least they could have done is record him saying that a few different ways. It's almost like they had a test audience that complained there wasn't enough John MacClane so they went back and added three more occurences of "I'm on vacation" from the one sound file!
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 08:35:55 PM

The opening chase scene was actually originally put together by the guys from Top Gear.

And Ramona Flowers had a cameo.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: A good day to Die Hard  
Jump to: