Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:43:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 Failoffs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 Failoffs  (Read 10831 times)
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #35 on: October 12, 2012, 07:09:47 PM

Whoever's got me, my life is so busy right now, if you don't poke me LOUDLY when I'm on Steam it'll never happen.

So get screaming at me.

You're on my friends list, so I've been checking when I'm around, no luck so far

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #36 on: October 13, 2012, 12:45:43 AM

Eric, just to confirm you that it's OK for me to play later today. I am not sure if I'll be available exactly at 4 though. Can we consider a larger window, like between 4pm to 6pm?

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: October 13, 2012, 01:47:03 AM

Eric, just to confirm you that it's OK for me to play later today. I am not sure if I'll be available exactly at 4 though. Can we consider a larger window, like between 4pm to 6pm?

Actually, a larger window suits me too. Guess we'll just ping on steam and see when we're about.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 13, 2012, 07:10:21 AM

I'm on now and for the next two hours. Messaged you on Steam, ping me back whenever you can.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 13, 2012, 09:03:59 AM

6pm GMT, which should be 5pm UK, sorry buddy but I have to go out now. I guess we can try again tomorrow. Can we do it at 3pm UK time?

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 13, 2012, 10:18:48 AM

Not seeing any messages from you, sorry :( Can try tomorrow at 3pm, not sure if I'll be free though since it's my wife's birthday.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 13, 2012, 12:44:09 PM

That sucks about Steam messages, I sent you more than one over our supposed gaming window. It said you were playing some Hero game, but should have delivered the messages anyway.

About tomorrow, I need to know because I would be coming home and planning the day just for that. It's totally ok if you can't though, we can try and schedule for later during the week. Sorry to have people waiting on us, but real life is real life.

Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 13, 2012, 12:59:11 PM

Haemish's Skaven trounced the Nifty Helmets 1-0 as my minotaur tripped attempting to score on a go for it in the 16th turn to end the game.

1 Death against the rats, otherwise only a few badly hurts on both sides.

(more to follow)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #43 on: October 13, 2012, 01:04:55 PM

Is there a BB Manager league for this? I can't find one to submit the match results to.

Zellar Dwellarz 1 - Nifty Helmets 0

I won the toss and elected to kick. The kick was TERRIBLE, going off the field and giving him a quick snap opportunity. He chose to give the ball to his +1 str leaping beastman in the back, so had a long while to get out of his end. This was his undoing, as I managed to delay his movement down the field until I could force the ball free in my half. A gutter runner picked up the loose ball, chucked it down the field to my other gutter runner who ran it to the end zone with one turn left in the half. Next turn, SCORE, end half.

As the second half started, I thought for sure I had this in the bag. Chaos is slow-footed. His kick went directly into the hands of my rat ogre who kept the ball in his grasp. I start pushing forward with the rat ogre until I'm a three or so squares into his end. I make a REALLY STUPID block that would have made no difference and failed, which gave him the chance to surround the ogre and knock him down. The ball pops out and is caught to everyone's surprise by his minotaur. The mino gets marked by a gutter runner with wrestle, and Gruntle spent a blitz from the minotaur trying to knock the runner back. This backfired, causing the frenzied mino to make three steps back towards his own goal instead of towards the tie. Once the runner got knocked off by his other teammates, the slow slog towards an equalizer began. Over the bodies of many a rat did this mino charge, but he still had time to score when Gruntle made a huge mistake. He forgot to blitz with the mino, blocking someone instead, and losing a full turn's worth of movement. Another turn was lost to wild animal. By the last turn, he was within one full movement of scoring, with a linerat marking him. He would either have to dodge (not happening), use another beastman to blitz off the marker or blitz with the mino, knock down the marker then try to score by rolling two GFI's. He chose the third option. The blitz succeeded but the very last GFI roll failed. Game over, my win.

I lost a thrower to death, but otherwise came out unscathed. One of my gutter runner's leveled, gaining a +1 MA. Meaning there's now a wrestling, dodging, jump up gutter runner with a MA of 10 (though his AV is 6 and I could have taken a +1 AV - movement more important).

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 14, 2012, 01:47:40 AM

That sucks about Steam messages, I sent you more than one over our supposed gaming window. It said you were playing some Hero game, but should have delivered the messages anyway.

About tomorrow, I need to know because I would be coming home and planning the day just for that. It's totally ok if you can't though, we can try and schedule for later during the week. Sorry to have people waiting on us, but real life is real life.

Ok, lets get it played. 3pm UK time it is.

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 14, 2012, 08:51:29 AM

Game played 1-1 draw. If you watch the replay please remember I'm functioning on 3 -4 hours of sleep a night at the minute :)

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 14, 2012, 11:07:43 AM

It's worth saying that in turn 15 I had 0 players on the field. ZERO.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: October 19, 2012, 11:06:58 AM

I'm out of town this weekend, so, you know, if we advance the day or something  why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Reborne
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 22, 2012, 01:06:23 PM

I've tried contacting Ironwood a couple of times but without luck so far.

Do we have a deadline?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: October 22, 2012, 01:32:06 PM

You have ?  Whoops.

I'm usually on steam having an xcom at the moment, but I did just finish an intensive house move around, so the pooters were mostly off.

Try again.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: November 05, 2012, 05:32:29 AM

*pokes the thread with a stick*

Still alive out there?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: November 05, 2012, 12:09:08 PM

I think it's in the spirit of fail(-off) that it's a month since the start of the first round (well, in 2 days anyways) and there are still 40% of the games left unplayed.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: November 05, 2012, 01:23:14 PM

Even the fail-off is a failure  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: November 07, 2012, 11:26:04 PM

Yeah, we fail the most, but at least that is consistent with the rest of my team's history  swamp poop

I'm still looking any time I have an opportunity to play and the best I've seen is Ironwood on Steam but on Snooze, so not actually there.

I'm happy to take a draw (though it ruins my losing streak) if Ironwood is, just so we can let everyone else play.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: November 08, 2012, 07:15:25 AM

I'm easy, but I think you're selling yourself short with a draw.  My rats suck a big fat bag of cocks this season.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: November 08, 2012, 07:49:03 AM

I'm easy, but I think you're selling yourself short with a draw.  My rats suck a big fat bag of cocks this season.

Your rats decimated mine 5-0 on the first day of season 6 so I wouldn't sell them short (since I didn't manage to lose all the following games).
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: November 23, 2012, 11:01:49 AM

I think we can declare the failoffs officially failed (and quietly dump the corpse into a shallow unmarked grave)  Heartbreak
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 Failoffs  
Jump to: