Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:45:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Clash of Clans 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clash of Clans  (Read 169756 times)
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #420 on: January 15, 2016, 03:49:20 PM

Worked out really well with my th11 upgrade.  I got a week long shield and Im gonna have enough for the birdgun, old man hero and probably most of the 4th xbow on sunday.

Why don't you try our other games?
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #421 on: January 17, 2016, 02:19:42 AM

I think the update is a bit of a wash for me, there's some long-overdue new stuff, but the mechanics changes aren't totally thrilling me to bits. I guess I'm in a place where I can weather them well enough, but I don't really feel that my relationship with the game has changed at all for me.

In contrast I feel that the Boom Beach team has really moved the game forward, and it actually severely outclasses Clash for both the diversity of things to do and the fun to be had doing them. Clash has raiding other players, the clan wars (which can be fun, but are also a bit of an exercise in frustration), and a one-time PvE campaign. Boom Beach has a mix of two types of PvP raid (player bases and resource bases), constantly refreshing PvE bases, a daily PvE challenge (Dr T, Hammerman, or the Weapons Lab) and now they've just added the Mega Crab, which is really fun and a bit of a loot pinata. All in all there's a lot more to do in boom, the meta feels less stale, and I feel like I'm progressing all the time. I'll always have an upgrade on the go and a building being improved, whereas in Clash it feels like I spend huge gaps where I'm just saving for the next incremental increase.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #422 on: January 26, 2016, 05:43:42 AM

This new treasury mechanic looks good on paper. I'm also looking the daily 5* reward, which is 200k/200k/1000 for crystal II. Could be a decent and needed resource boost.

They still need to think about new game modes though, because Boom Beach is far more fun on that front

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #423 on: January 26, 2016, 01:28:14 PM

This new treasury mechanic looks good on paper. I'm also looking the daily 5* reward, which is 200k/200k/1000 for crystal II. Could be a decent and needed resource boost.

They still need to think about new game modes though, because Boom Beach is far more fun on that front

How long have you been playing?

I burned out on that game so fast once I was attacking like 12 times a day to retake the same islands over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.  I noticed that pattern with myself, any game where there's enough to do to eat up an hour or more straight becomes a chore eventually.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #424 on: January 26, 2016, 02:07:24 PM

According to my achievements, about a year and a half of Boom. Judging by your description I'm guessing you quit before they made the changes to Dr. T. There's now a a daily event which cycles through four different formats, and there are the taskforces, which are clan PvE stuff. There's also the new Mega Crab event which was another different challenge. And you've still got the islands, but honestly you can get plenty of loot from the events, you don't have to obsessively clear. It's a much richer and more enjoyable game now imo.

bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #425 on: January 27, 2016, 04:47:37 AM

Okay. Where did everyone go? I'm clan less. Took a month off and boom I'm gone.  ACK!
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: January 27, 2016, 04:52:44 AM

Okay. Where did everyone go? I'm clan less. ACK!  

Strange. A restart and I'm back again. Silly games (bhodinut)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:09:27 PM by bhodikhan »
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #427 on: January 27, 2016, 03:38:15 PM

Welcome back!

I also like this new "treasury" mechanic.  And the "loot carts".  Anyone know how "safe" the treasury is?  Is it completely impregnable?

The Warden is a lot more fun now that I've got him to level 5 and can use his special.  Dropping 3 seconds of invuln on all my dudes is pretty awesome.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: January 27, 2016, 05:23:21 PM

The treasury appears to be based on your clan castle - I lost my (lv1 ignored upgrading it) clan castle, and lost about 5% of my treasury loot.  So now I'm upgrading my clan castle...
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #429 on: January 27, 2016, 06:09:18 PM

5% is still a much better percentage than the standard loot stores.  Nice.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
ynotgolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: January 28, 2016, 12:13:48 PM

I also like this new "treasury" mechanic.  And the "loot carts".  Anyone know how "safe" the treasury is?  Is it completely impregnable?

Found online... "One major difference, however, is that destroying castles offered attackers 5 percent of their contained loot. With the Treasury, that number has been decreased to three."

So, 2% buffer, not bad at your levels Sam, but I'm hearing grumbling from TH11s that it stores too little to be much help
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #431 on: January 28, 2016, 02:54:57 PM

Mine holds 3M gold/goop and 15K DE, which is a pretty significant help IMO.  Doesn't trivialize the task of saving up 10M gold, but not having to sit at 9M for a long period while trying to save up that last million (and getting raided for a half million at a shot or whatever) is going to be nice.

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: March 21, 2016, 07:18:20 AM

Update today.  New rock tossing DE troop, another level for valk, goblin and hogs, some other crap.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #433 on: March 21, 2016, 08:20:23 AM

Barely a week after I finished all those TH11 buildings.  No rest for my builders. DRILLING AND MANLINESS

NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #434 on: March 21, 2016, 09:05:22 AM

Valk's also got switched up a little. Lower HP, higher Damage but also significantly decreased attack delay so they should be much more effective.

Skeleton's got nerfed, they had their HP reduced and no longer set off traps so archer towers should be able to 1 shot them if the level isn't too much higher and witches are now vulnerable to a variety of traps.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #435 on: April 03, 2016, 12:08:48 AM

Not super impressed by the bowlers so far.  The bouncing rocks trick is neat in theory, but their AI doesn't take particularly good advantage of it.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #436 on: April 20, 2016, 03:24:24 PM

Okay, I need to start manually tracking a shitlist of active people who opt in to clan wars and then consistently don't do their attacks.  Usually I'll make a quick mental note of who flaked on the war after it's over and try to remember to not pick them for the very next one, but by the war after that I can't remember any more.  I keep asking people to just opt out, even calling them out by name, but either they're non-English speakers (although the ice cream test is supposed to weed those out) or they think they're funny.  Either way, I'm thinking for habitual offenders I'm going to wind up giving them a quick boot with a message saying they're welcome to rejoin, but please opt out of wars first.

The metric I'm thinking I'm going to track is how many attacks each person has made (good karma) vs how many they've forfeited (bad karma).  Once bad karma exceeds the good by 10 attacks or so, they get a warning kick.  Does this sound like a reasonable thing?  People with small children in the clan, speak up (or borrow their phone and opt them out) before I hurt their feelings.  :P
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 03:36:14 PM by Samwise »

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #437 on: April 20, 2016, 04:23:50 PM

why so serious?

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #438 on: April 20, 2016, 05:07:42 PM

I already figured that at least one of them is you trolling me, Walrus.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #439 on: April 20, 2016, 06:46:01 PM

My son has control of my account at the moment.  He probably opted me back in. 

-Rasix
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #440 on: April 20, 2016, 07:25:39 PM

According to the tally from the last two wars, the only ones who might be in need of a swift kick are Jacob, Brennan, and Ariel.  Everyone else who's opted in has made at least one attack at some point.

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #441 on: April 21, 2016, 04:42:30 AM

I doubt people who get kicked can rejoin

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #442 on: April 21, 2016, 06:39:31 AM

No, there's nothing stopping a kicked person from sending another request.  I don't think the game even has a "ban" feature; if someone wants to spam you with requests the only way to stop them is to set the entire clan to "closed".

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #443 on: April 21, 2016, 06:52:48 AM

I'll admit I do miss some wars, sorry about that. Having them non-stop doesn't always align with life though.

Currently have my mass-valk exploits on pause while I try to save enough DE to get them to level 5. After that it's valk time baby!

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #444 on: April 21, 2016, 07:28:19 AM

Having them non-stop doesn't always align with life though.

Try prunes.   why so serious?

NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #445 on: April 22, 2016, 07:58:36 AM

Sounds reasonable to me. My big issue is usually getting raided an hour or so before I'm ready to launch a war attack and then not getting CC troops until most way through a war (cause everyone's training troops for their own attacks).

Also apparently Supercell is currently cracking down on modders and hackers, quite a few of the 'high level' clans have disbanded or seen like 2/3 of their members just up and quit because they can no longer do practice attacks or keep their device on-line as much as possible.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #446 on: April 22, 2016, 08:32:36 AM

Also apparently Supercell is currently cracking down on modders and hackers, quite a few of the 'high level' clans have disbanded or seen like 2/3 of their members just up and quit because they can no longer do practice attacks or keep their device on-line as much as possible.

I saw that notice and was pleased.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #447 on: April 26, 2016, 01:13:22 PM

I'm getting ready to apply the boot to Ariel and Jacob.

10/0 Samwise415
10/0 thedarcsage
10/0 Jeff
 9/1 nowhereman
 8/2 Revenant
 8/2 Lil Creeper
 7/3 Miguel
 4/2 Andie
 3/5 K9
 2/4 Alexander
 2/6 Rasix
 0/2 Brennan
 0/10 Ariel
 0/10 Jacob

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: April 29, 2016, 02:06:38 PM

I will probably rejoin the warring soon, needed the break to actually upgrade a bunch of stuff.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #449 on: May 02, 2016, 04:07:05 AM

I went 2/0 in the last war and now I'm out  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

On another note, I have no idea who Jeff is. This may have been a ruse...

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #450 on: May 02, 2016, 12:00:54 PM

He makes his attacks, so whatever.   awesome, for real  Maybe he confused you for a different K9.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #451 on: May 02, 2016, 02:36:39 PM

I'm sure there are many of us

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #452 on: May 28, 2016, 09:36:48 AM

Fuck yeah.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #453 on: May 28, 2016, 12:11:28 PM

Grats! That's the long hard road you've taken. Zero dollars down right?

Now you can stop being a cheap pleb in wars and start doing mass Valkyrie attacks, yeah?  why so serious?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #454 on: May 30, 2016, 09:35:18 AM

Yup, zero dollars!  I still gotta max my queen (5 levels to go) and do a few DE lab upgrades, but with the king maxed out it feels like the end is in sight.  Witch donations for all!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Clash of Clans  
Jump to: