Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:27:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Clash of Clans 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clash of Clans  (Read 169692 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #385 on: November 18, 2015, 12:15:06 AM

Fuuuuuuu oh well at least my five builders might have something to do for a while.   awesome, for real

Wonder what the new hero will be.  I'm hoping for some kind of super dragon thing, I usually roll with all air so it'd be nice to have something that synergizes with that better than the land heroes do.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: November 18, 2015, 05:59:46 AM

Word i heard was that it was a wizard hero.  I think a goblin loot grabbing hero would be perfect.

Why don't you try our other games?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #387 on: November 18, 2015, 09:11:28 AM

Wizard hero seems kinda redundant since there's already a ranged DPS hero, unless his attack has a really massive AoE (doing less damage) to differentiate it.  Or maybe if he were a "controller" type, throwing some kind of debuff instead of damaging directly?  THAT could be interesting.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #388 on: November 18, 2015, 04:19:46 PM

I read that it's a support hero which helps spread troops out and slows down the rate of fire of defenses. Could be complete nonsense, but given that there's already a tank and a DPS, some sort of healer/support would seem natural...

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #389 on: November 18, 2015, 06:42:24 PM

hay guys wanna login and do some war?   awesome, for real

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #390 on: November 18, 2015, 07:50:59 PM

I can get 2 more prolly, maybe thats enough

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #391 on: November 18, 2015, 11:59:05 PM

God dammit K9

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #392 on: November 25, 2015, 06:10:00 AM

I'm really sorry, new job and generally being really busy these past few weeks has cut into my time for wars  cry

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #393 on: November 25, 2015, 10:49:57 AM

It's cool, thx for pushing the opt-out button.   Heart

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #394 on: December 10, 2015, 06:22:48 AM

They updated today. You're going to want to redo your home base layout. Tons of loot is now stored in your TH. My lvl 8 TH now stores 5k DE. Fuck losing that outside. Might be a good time to raid before people figure that out though.
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #395 on: December 10, 2015, 04:38:13 PM

Cant do my second attack.  No wifi within 30 mins.  Hope it doesnt matter.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #396 on: December 11, 2015, 02:03:34 PM

I usually roll with all air so it'd be nice to have something that synergizes with that better than the land heroes do.

maybe if he were a "controller" type, throwing some kind of debuff instead of damaging directly?  THAT could be interesting.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Still working on saving up gold for TH11 so I can get flying buff wizard dude.  I've attacked a couple of people who used gems to get the new stuff early; that eagle artillery thing is complete bullshit.

The TH shield/loot change is really fucking with my income; switching over to a slightly modified version of my war layout didn't work that well since it's not well suited to protecting all the resource buildings even after swapping things around. 

I think the new version of the old TH cheese is going to be to offer up an easy 50% destruction victory, so my new layout has all the defenses and loot in a small area (with lots of wall "cells" to make it hard to crack through) with the useless buildings in a wide radius to make them easy to pick off with archers.  I could probably do better but will wait for a few attacks to see if I'm on the right track.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:07:18 PM by Samwise »

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #397 on: December 12, 2015, 03:01:06 AM

Yeah, I haven't quite figured out this new system yet. When I search for bases to attack the targets all have a LOT more resources than before, since you're not just browsing through the 30% of players too dumb to have a farming layout. On the downside there's a lot more unassailable bases; so I'd say that it's roughly a wash in that regard. The new loot-bonus scaling system is an arse though, as it makes efficiency calculations even harder.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #398 on: December 12, 2015, 08:03:48 AM

This update killed the game for me. I don't have the time to raid consistently, and got most of my loots from war wins. Now, I'm getting steamrolled every time I get attacked, because it seems like you only attack if you know you can wipe the dude. Really fucks the casual players hard. Oh well. Fun game while it lasted.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #399 on: December 12, 2015, 11:38:58 AM

Yeah, that's what I'm noticing. I've lost like 7k DE in the past day because any attack is a complete roll.

Did they talk about this attack change somewhere? I'd be interested to read their reasoning.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #400 on: December 14, 2015, 03:48:41 PM

It definitely favors people who can play a few times a day, yeah.  They did nerf the tactic of staying online 24/7 to make yourself immune to attack (by forcing you offline after a certain point), but the shield changes provide a pretty strong incentive to attack multiple times over the course of several hours rather than making one attack every twelve or whatever.

My funky layout with all the nonessential buildings crammed along one side of the map as a sacrifice actually worked pretty well a few times and is worth experimenting with if you want to try to recapture the old cheese.  It requires much more of a space/material commitment than the TH thing though.

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #401 on: December 16, 2015, 10:29:08 AM

I'm getting really tired of this update. I get to choose, lose all of my DE in one fell swoop by hiding my TH and getting 100%'d or go for the just as annoying death of a thousand cuts by leaving my TH outside and get raided for 200 DE every 14 minutes.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #402 on: December 16, 2015, 02:28:42 PM

Yep. My god, it's full of stupid.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #403 on: December 16, 2015, 03:39:54 PM

When I first figured out the TH cheese tactic lo these many years ago I thought "nawwww this is so cheesy, they'll have to patch it out".  I'm actually impressed that they finally did.   awesome, for real  There's no choice at this point -- if you leave your TH out there you're just giving away loot.

Cheesing with a big block of exposed buildings doesn't work as well -- it's not as obvious of a target so people don't necessarily cooperate, and those "filler" buildings are actually pretty important defensively so it's difficult to defend the rest of your goodies if the filler stuff isn't mixed into it to slow down attackers.

Overall I think my net income is about the same or even a little better now since I can attack multiple times for each time I get hit and I tend to get more out of each one (the loot bonus is huge now).  It's pretty common for an attack to take 3K DE from me, but then I can go out and make three attacks for 2K a pop before getting hit again.

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #404 on: December 16, 2015, 03:46:25 PM

No loot bonuses worth the effort down here at gold 1.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #405 on: December 17, 2015, 08:03:32 AM

I'm actually looking at getting back into it. Reasoning behind the TH thing apparently was they considered a world where the TH didn't give a shield and they made the change and suddenly 3/4 of bases disappeared behind cheap shields leaving only people not trophy pushing or the small number whose shields had expired open to attack. They figured people would say that was a dumb change so they decided to undo it.

That said my enthusiasm for starting up again made it as far as reorganising my base, clearing out the trash and emptying my collectors yesterday and I haven't actually attacked anyone yet.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #406 on: December 17, 2015, 09:51:19 PM

I like the change too for the reasons Sam gave.  Its a lot easier to upgrade now, progress is guaranteed as long as you can sneak a quick attack here and there.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #407 on: December 18, 2015, 01:14:32 AM

I have a lot of people dropping trophies against me deliberately, so now my new attack strategy is not to think about stars, but just to find some rich base and aim to kill 2-3 of the storages. This is usually good for about 100K loot. There's a lot of rich bases which I can do about 30-45% damage on which payoff anyway since the only thing I lose is stars. It's not wildly satisfying, but it sort-of works.

I think the real problem is the power curve and balance at high-levels. TH10 bases are pretty much impossible to seriously assault for anyone due to infernos, I have no idea how much worse the new eagle bazooka makes things for TH11 bases. At TH9 it's possible for an equal-level base to 3* targets though, it's beyond that where it all gets out of whack.

Reduced rearm costs are welcome though.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #408 on: December 18, 2015, 09:07:31 AM

90% of the attacks on me are just people dropping trophies.  I've only had one serious raid happen.

-Rasix
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #409 on: December 18, 2015, 01:11:42 PM

So here's a new bullshit error. Last time I logged in was this morning. I just got the message about the war starting and I figured I better log in and que up the war army. The game is all, no fuck you for not getting raided and I get a message "Personal Break Villagers need a short break due to being too long without Shield." No other notice about what this means.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #410 on: December 18, 2015, 01:31:05 PM

Might have happened in error, but the "personal break" thing is a fix to the thing of people leaving themselves logged into the game with an orange on the screen to keep themselves "online" and prevent attack while their shield is down.  Now if you've done that for long enough, it forces you offline as a "personal break" to give people a chance to attack you.  Doesn't sound like that should have happened in your case, so is probably a bug.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #411 on: December 28, 2015, 11:08:53 AM

Got my Great Warden.  Looking forward to bullshit long range attack victories -- from watching replays against me it seems like he's even better at sniping than the queen is.   awesome, for real  His upgrades start at 2.5M (vs the 6M for the initial build) so I should be able to get him up to level 5 pretty quickly to be able to try out his "tome" special.  On defense he has "air" and "ground" modes that toggle him between walking and flying -- not sure why you wouldn't always have him be flying on defense, maybe he has fewer HP in that mode?

Still nine days to go on the eagle artillery, but it already counts as done in my war base so I'm hoping someone attacks me in today's war to let me see it in action.  
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 11:11:03 AM by Samwise »

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #412 on: December 28, 2015, 01:57:21 PM

I figured out the Great Warden thing -- the air/ground toggle affects attack, not defense, but you set it in your village before you make an attack.  On defense the warden is always grounded (and stationary like a building).  As an attacking unit you want him to match the setting of your tanks -- learned this the hard way when he got shot down by AA early in a golem-heavy attack.   awesome, for real

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #413 on: December 30, 2015, 05:10:10 AM

That's pretty awesome  awesome, for real

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #414 on: December 30, 2015, 03:52:31 PM

He's basically the TF2 medic.  Healing aura for friendlies, and the special you unlock at level 5 is an ubercharge (a few seconds of invulnerability for everything in the aura).  Comparatively weak attack but the range on it is great, so he tends to do a good job of staying behind the tougher units.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 03:54:41 PM by Samwise »

NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #415 on: January 13, 2016, 09:16:03 AM

So a while on from the last major update what do people think? I'm liking it, I'm finding I get rolled for resources a little less frequently (especially since before if I was getting near targets for expensive items it was 50/50 after an attack if I'd get rolled before my troops were done training for the next one and I was losing more resources than I was gaining). Being able to attack and keep the shield is a big help. There also seem to be more dead or idle bases than after the last matchmaking change. It's making it feel a lot less two steps forward, one step back in resource collection.

That said I've upgraded all buildings, all regular troops except Goblins and am currently grinding DE for those and gold for walls. It looks like I'm going to get the 60K DE for Golem 2 long before my Hog upgrade is done though. Might end up getting bored with the wall grind though, I'm not all purple yet and haven't even started thinking about 500K a pop upgrades to skull walls ACK!

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #416 on: January 13, 2016, 09:28:22 AM

Now that I've hit a high enough score due to lowbies failing to kill enough of me or people dropping trophies intentionally, I've been getting rolled every time my shield is down.

I've run into the problem that my remaining upgrades at TH are all 2mil+ gold (just finished all purple walls), and I'm always floating around 2million saved goop. There's almost no reason for people not to attack me.  They'll always at least draw even with the amount of elixir they can get off me.

Ohh well.  If I had more time to raid consistently and use all of this elixir, this might not be so bad.  As is, I'm just a very attractive target and it's making it difficult to save for those remaining gold upgrades.

-Rasix
ynotgolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #417 on: January 13, 2016, 11:33:29 AM

It may be anecdotal evidence, but I'm so glad I upgraded my walls to level 8 before leveling to TH9, I think the walls alone discourage a lot of farmers from attacking my base. Those who do attack it roll me, granted, but I've had nights with no shield, and I wake up in the morning and my base was left alone for 8+hours.

I know when I'm farming, I look for Lvl 7 walls and below as primary target bases. Level 8 and above walls, I generally pass unless they have a ton of Dark Elixirs, which I'm currently farming like mad in an attempt to get my Queen to lvl 10+. 
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #418 on: January 14, 2016, 10:55:54 AM

I'm enjoying this update.  Even though a greater percentage of attackers roll me for lots of resources, I think I'm actually netting more overall, between the increased loot bonuses and the ability to attack multiple times through one shield.  I also find that I get attacked less even when my shield is down now that I've got scary-looking defenses (that eagle artillery is ridiculous).

The new TH level came with a bunch of new buildings so I've got a lot of stuff to upgrade before I get back to upgrading my walls, but they're 3M each for me.  The level 2 bird gun alone is 10M, which is going to necessitate upgrading all my storages (which will itself cost 10M in total).   awesome, for real

Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #419 on: January 15, 2016, 03:29:57 PM

This extra long one gem boost bonus is dangerous. Saving for upgrades is going to seem real tedious when it's over.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Clash of Clans  
Jump to: