Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:36:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: King of Dragon Pass 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: King of Dragon Pass  (Read 1965 times)
UnSub
Contributor

on: September 14, 2012, 07:48:24 AM

It was discussed in another thread, I was bored and bought it on impulse.

I'd really hesitate to say that KoDP is fun, because it isn't. It's a resource management title mixed in with a choose-your-own-adventure book where every decision you make can easily turn out wrong. You're trying to act like the leader of a Nordic fantasy clan, so making decisions based on your current values (well, my current values) tends to see your clan's arse get kicked.

But holy hell, is it absorbing. You can play it in short bursts, but the regular random event - a dragon is terrorising the countryside, another clan is calling in a favour, a mad hermit has delivered a warning - really hooks into the "okay, just one season more". And then its 4.30am in the morning and you've just lost 50 cows to a cattle raid, your people are unhappy and you've angered the gods.

Rating: Buy it, then kiss goodbye to your loved ones.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: King of Dragon Pass  
Jump to: