Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 06:37:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 121 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  (Read 959535 times)
Senses
Terracotta Army

Reply #2100 on: April 13, 2015, 01:09:17 AM

This game is basically scientology I think.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #2101 on: April 13, 2015, 01:43:29 AM

What's a fetapult, except a cheese flinging war machine?
It's a classic. awesome, for real
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #2102 on: April 13, 2015, 02:02:57 AM

Damn you, a company is at steak!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2103 on: April 13, 2015, 06:17:47 AM

You need to press B every 10 seconds or you die.

The game these people deserve.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #2104 on: April 13, 2015, 07:06:14 AM

They can probably take it further if they really want to. Like, why do you get to breathe precious oxygen for free? In deep space that's a commodity you should be paying for, no less than 50c per tank.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2105 on: April 13, 2015, 08:13:49 AM

At this point, for the sake of simulative realism I am seriously expecting the next module to be about pee and poop. And maybe farts. What if your soldier farts during a stealth operation? Need to code a system for that, and assign a key to hold it in.

WayAbvPar

Reply #2106 on: April 13, 2015, 09:17:38 AM

They are desperately trying to make it look like they are doing something with all of the money they have stolen extorted raised without cutting into the "Buy Chris a private island somewhere with favorable tax laws and no extradition treaties" fund.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2107 on: April 13, 2015, 11:39:03 AM

Complete the following QTE to jump the space shark. 

You cannot fail this QTE, for the shark has already been jumped.  New stretch goal: add multiple space sharks. Lasers on space sharks is an additional tier. 

-Rasix
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2108 on: April 14, 2015, 01:44:57 AM

Didn't Borderlands already do that?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #2109 on: April 14, 2015, 02:46:16 AM

Well, most games have you regularly mash a button or you die, in fact  why so serious?
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2110 on: April 14, 2015, 06:05:01 AM

This are the best 30 dollars I ever spent. Regardless if there will be a game in the end or not, the forum drama and the pure heights of ridiculousness the developers reach are worh every cent.  awesome, for real
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #2111 on: April 25, 2015, 03:16:26 PM

You thought you've seen it all with "Breathing Commander"?

No.

Not even close.

They once again outdid themselves with their new Design post, "Cargo Simulator & Coin Flipping Manager 20xx":

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14677-Design-Cargo-Interaction
---

Like everything else, it potentially adds interesting layers to what are they now calling "first person universe" (cargo mass and volume influencing ship performance, know exactly what you're jettisoning, nice UI for cargo status, etc.), but right now, it just sounds batshit crazy  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? why so serious?

Finally, yes, new ship line unveiled, the MISC Hull series, now in concept sale:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14661-A-Hull-For-Every-Job-The-MISC-Hull-Series
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 03:18:01 PM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2112 on: April 25, 2015, 03:17:57 PM

Didn't Borderlands already do that?
When did Borderlands make you push a button every 10 seconds? swamp poop

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #2113 on: April 25, 2015, 04:01:36 PM

Finally, yes, new ship line unveiled, the MISC Hull series, now in concept sale:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14661-A-Hull-For-Every-Job-The-MISC-Hull-Series

Only $1250 for the top tier pack.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #2114 on: April 25, 2015, 04:39:50 PM

Only $1250 for the top tier pack.
For now. It's a limited time offer, act while the virtual virtual supplies last!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2115 on: April 25, 2015, 05:16:59 PM

is it virtually limited concept art?

Hic sunt dracones.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #2116 on: April 25, 2015, 05:24:09 PM

I really want to see how many people buy up the $1200 pack. I'll admit to buying in a long time ago to the sum of $160ish... but the numbers that people throw out there is mind-blowing in terms of cash spent.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
schild
Administrator

Reply #2117 on: April 25, 2015, 10:28:07 PM

How much money do they have to make for a statement like "I hope Chris Roberts gets a disease where his dick falls off" to not sound inhumane and heartless?
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #2118 on: April 26, 2015, 12:14:02 AM

I think we're well past that point?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2119 on: April 26, 2015, 12:43:05 AM

Long, long ago.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #2120 on: April 26, 2015, 03:53:25 AM

Well, for now the reached the $80 Million mark  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #2121 on: April 26, 2015, 04:13:50 AM

I just watched Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief and had the crazy thought that maybe Chris Roberts will turn out to be this generation's Ron Hubbard (all they really need is a religion status to make all that money tax-free).  why so serious?
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #2122 on: April 26, 2015, 12:25:14 PM

Somewhere on a tiny island in a subterranean lake a bitter, hateful Dr. Smerek Dart plots his vengeance and wonders why he wasn't able to pull this off. Also, he's probably mad at sunlight as well and is eating raw fish.

I wasn't going to touch this game, but when they add the Bureau of Titles and Registration system I'll have to bite. The chance, no, the requirement that I navigate a virtual title agency to get a starship license, then a small business licence, apply for tax exempt status, register my spaceship, register my company as an employer of less than 50 people that withholds payroll taxes, apply for hazardous material transportation licencing, find a good commercial bank and set up accounts with direct deposit, decide on employee benefit packages, etc, etc, etc. I wonder if they've even taken half of that stuff into account. I should go post those demands on their forum.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Torinak
Terracotta Army

Reply #2123 on: April 26, 2015, 02:38:06 PM

Somewhere on a tiny island in a subterranean lake a bitter, hateful Dr. Smerek Dart plots his vengeance and wonders why he wasn't able to pull this off. Also, he's probably mad at sunlight as well and is eating raw fish.

I wasn't going to touch this game, but when they add the Bureau of Titles and Registration system I'll have to bite. The chance, no, the requirement that I navigate a virtual title agency to get a starship license, then a small business licence, apply for tax exempt status, register my spaceship, register my company as an employer of less than 50 people that withholds payroll taxes, apply for hazardous material transportation licencing, find a good commercial bank and set up accounts with direct deposit, decide on employee benefit packages, etc, etc, etc. I wonder if they've even taken half of that stuff into account. I should go post those demands on their forum.

And once that's all in place, it opens up the exciting new career path of Auditor! Review virtual paperwork for hours on end! Track down that missing form FU-10032-QQ/A that might slow down your opponent's business license! Passively-aggressively overlook their valid supporting materials, forcing them into the dreaded Appeals Process! It's hardcore player-vs-player action the likes of which hasn't been seen since the PK/Anti days of UO!
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #2124 on: April 26, 2015, 04:37:38 PM

Glory to Starstotzka!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2125 on: April 26, 2015, 07:24:42 PM

They could probably just hire the guy who did Papers, Please to write the underlying paperwork logic.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2126 on: April 26, 2015, 07:51:38 PM

And once that's all in place, it opens up the exciting new career path of Auditor! Review virtual paperwork for hours on end! Track down that missing form FU-10032-QQ/A that might slow down your opponent's business license! Passively-aggressively overlook their valid supporting materials, forcing them into the dreaded Appeals Process! It's hardcore player-vs-player action the likes of which hasn't been seen since the PK/Anti days of UO!

Heh, somebody knows how audits work.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #2127 on: April 27, 2015, 04:13:23 AM

And once that's all in place, it opens up the exciting new career path of Auditor!

Auditors will be day 1 DLC. For $1500 you get a free drone that buzzes around calling you out for the invoices and receipts you lost.

Lawyers will be in the first QoL expansion - no one will know why they are there but without them you will not be allowed to fly, but you will lose your spaceship anyway.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2128 on: April 30, 2015, 04:22:59 PM

given the absolutely intense and madcap quantity of fan froth over this game, is there any reliable way that you could get roberts to read one thing by this point?
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2129 on: May 01, 2015, 01:02:39 AM

given the absolutely intense and madcap quantity of fan froth over this game, is there any reliable way that you could get roberts to read one thing by this point?

I'm pretty sure he's reading his bank account balance every day while laughing.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2130 on: May 01, 2015, 01:22:55 AM

You know who's gonna make this guy sad? Disney, in a few months, when they'll announce the Rogue One game, or whatver the new X Wing vs. Tie Fighter game will be called.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #2131 on: May 01, 2015, 04:33:44 AM

I PK ur fax

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2132 on: May 01, 2015, 07:28:04 AM

You know who's gonna make this guy sad? Disney, in a few months, when they'll announce the Rogue One game, or whatver the new X Wing vs. Tie Fighter game will be called.

Not really.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2133 on: May 01, 2015, 07:39:53 AM

Yeah, totally different market for one. Wildly different gameplay promises for two. The guys convinced they'll be living in a virtual space world that's a combination Flight Sim/ Econ Sim/ FPS game will not give that dream up for a 3d spaceship platformer in the spirit of Rogue Squadron.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #2134 on: May 01, 2015, 08:03:59 AM

I think he means just the difference in the number of 0's will make him cry.  80 million pfft.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 121 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  
Jump to: