Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:22:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: GoDaddy issues 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GoDaddy issues  (Read 2223 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: September 10, 2012, 11:13:00 AM

GoDaddy is having issues, in case you are wondering what's up with the site.
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 11:19:34 AM

Should use the server drive cash to get one of the admins a nice fat pipe and just host it from home.   Then you can all leave the worlds worst domain provider.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 12:01:46 PM

GoDaddy has been a nice, stable, drunk, womanizing guardian of the site.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 12:36:17 PM

My issue with godaddy is that you never actually get to see the tits.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 01:44:30 PM

... or get good hosting.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 01:56:27 PM

If you have GoDaddy issues do you become a Camwhore or a sexual webcomic artist?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 01:58:13 PM

Given our nominal problems over the past 6-7 years, I'd say otherwise.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 03:38:57 PM

FYI, GoDaddy's issues may have been an anonymous attack:

http://it.slashdot.org/story/12/09/10/190247/godaddy-goes-down-anonymous-claims-responsibility

I know some other sites I go to are STILL down so who knows.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 03:42:22 PM

Yes GoDaddy's DNS has been under attack. Things are better than they were this morning. Have to wait and see what GoDaddy says about it after they finish recovering from it.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 05:57:58 PM

If you have GoDaddy issues do you become a Camwhore or a sexual webcomic artist?

Or?

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 08:07:43 AM

Given our nominal problems over the past 6-7 years, I'd say otherwise.

I was just going to say this. F13 has been solid as a rock, IMO.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 08:32:21 AM

Oh yeah, f13 has been good. I'm mostly talking about sites for my clients that have Godaddy issues. One site in particular just crawls some days for no reason that I can discern. I'm also not a fan of their cPanel admin clone.

Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 10:47:23 AM

Oh yeah, f13 has been good. I'm mostly talking about sites for my clients that have Godaddy issues. One site in particular just crawls some days for no reason that I can discern. I'm also not a fan of their cPanel admin clone.
namecheap + dynamic dns + home based webserver, I am in the prelims of testing this out and it seems to be decent.  I wouldn't put a high volume site on it but for 5 page brochure sites that get a thousand or so hits a month at best it should work fine.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 06:54:37 AM

Also,

Quote from: godaddy email
Dear [redacted],

We owe you a big apology for the intermittent service outages we experienced on September 10 that may have impacted your website, your email and other Go Daddy services.

We let you down and we know it. We take our responsibilities — and the trust you place in us — very seriously. I cannot express how sorry I am to those of you who were inconvenienced.

The service outage was due to a series of internal network events that corrupted router data tables. Once the issues were identified, we took corrective actions to restore services for our customers and GoDaddy.com. We have implemented a series of immediate measures to fix the problem.

At no time was any sensitive customer information, including credit card data, passwords or names and addresses, compromised.

Throughout our history, we have provided 99.999% uptime in our DNS infrastructure. This is the level of performance we expect from ourselves. Monday, we fell short of these expectations. We have learned from this event and will use it to drive improvement in our services.

As a result of this disruption, your account will be credited for the value of 1-month of service for each of your active/published sites.* This credit will be available to you for the next 7 days. Please click the button below to redeem your credit.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 07:27:04 AM

Woo!  They're getting in on the donation drive, too.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 10:09:49 AM

I won't be getting that email. Nothing happened to us. They have systems that monitor all of that.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 10:37:53 AM

We serve our own DNS awesome, for real
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: GoDaddy issues  
Jump to: