Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:48:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: So Season 2 ending 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So Season 2 ending  (Read 107901 times)
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #140 on: October 13, 2012, 06:18:31 PM

Twitch went down during the allstar game, but onw3d kept up with it, just fyi in case twitch shits the bed again.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: October 13, 2012, 06:51:23 PM

I understand that they want to put on a big show here, but 2 hours of intro is a bit much here.  I mean, I understand I'm not quite the perfect demographic anymore, but a best of five LoL match STARTING at 10pm is not something I have any hope of watching the entirety of. awesome, for real
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: October 13, 2012, 07:03:30 PM

Yeah, it's a bit excessive, but pulling out the orchestra and choir is pretty fucking awesome.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: October 13, 2012, 07:10:14 PM

Yeah, it's a bit excessive, but pulling out the orchestra and choir is pretty fucking awesome.

Yeah, the live orchestra/performance was a really nice touch.  I just wish it would have been an hour ago  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Edit: I like these intros as well, stats is a scary thing in terms of getting me to care.  I love the idae of tracking things like assists per game.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 07:14:05 PM by Malakili »
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #144 on: October 13, 2012, 09:52:48 PM

That first game was pretty damn good.  These last two have been more of what you'd expect from a game with so much on the line. 

TPA just has an absurd amount of individual skill in their lanes.

-Rasix
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: October 13, 2012, 11:26:32 PM

TPA just dominated Frost.  Hell, even in the first game they were outplaying them until teamfights, then they went to shit.  Even the slower matches were impressive overall.  I'm glad I stayed up for this (and sat through 2 hours of announcer jabberwocky).

Rasix

Reply #146 on: October 13, 2012, 11:56:25 PM

They just seemed to have a response to absolutely everything.  While Toyz and Bebe were beasts, the rest of the team played solidly and made so few mistakes.

First game they just team fought badly and AZF had a better late game team.

AD carry from AZF didn't do himself getting caught out late in those games.  Guy is going to be even more of a pariah in Korea (he was the screen looker).

I'm glad the pre-game BS went on so long; I got to watch the entire thing.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: October 14, 2012, 06:52:46 AM

For anyone who missed the orchestra/choir intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5zMBPzeroU
Rasix

Reply #148 on: October 30, 2012, 01:49:22 PM

Apparently Dyrus leaked Dig's strategy against CLG.eu to Wickd 2 hours before the start of their match. OOOPS.

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #149 on: November 29, 2012, 11:43:26 AM

IPL5 going on right now.  Most of the top teams are there.

TPA's Bebe just got a penta and then a quadra back to back against some scrub team from Thailand.

Curse.NA v. M5 right now. This will be bloody.

edit:

God, TSM getting curb stomped by CRS.eu.  Have they not been playing at all or something? Yikes.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:43:43 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: November 29, 2012, 08:02:42 PM

IPL5 going on right now.  Most of the top teams are there.

TPA's Bebe just got a penta and then a quadra back to back against some scrub team from Thailand.

Curse.NA v. M5 right now. This will be bloody.

edit:

God, TSM getting curb stomped by CRS.eu.  Have they not been playing at all or something? Yikes.

Some other things.

TSM ruins SGS who played a Karma mid(Good pick, bad game for them though). That is right, Karma in a tournament.

Alex Ich plays AP YI.. It goes about as well as you would have expected

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: November 29, 2012, 10:48:47 PM

So I didn't get to see any of that today :( The current bracket says World Elite beat Moscow 5, how did that game go? Also, TPA vrs what remains of Fnatic....yeah that's a fair fight.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Rasix

Reply #152 on: November 29, 2012, 11:02:25 PM

WE kind of whupped them.  In game 1, M5 left Twisted Fate open and Misaya did his thing.  Did a good job early, but they snowballed late.  Second game was, IMO, a bad draft from M5.  Alex needs to stop picking Zilean.  I don't think it's worked yet against an Asian team.  M5 basically had no damage.  WE's botlane is fucking scary.  WeiXiao is a beeeeast.

And yah, TPA is still looking every bit as scary as the did at the S2 finals.  Toyz, maybe not as dominant so far, but Bebe and Stanley are still really, really solid.

Some other things.

TSM ruins SGS who played a Karma mid(Good pick, bad game for them though). That is right, Karma in a tournament.

Alex Ich plays AP YI.. It goes about as well as you would have expected

SGS was running heavy shield teams every game.  TSM just ruined them, even though SGS's mid had a huge farm lead early.  

The CLG.eu game.. yah.  Why would you ever pick Kat into a team that already had two hard disables on the board. Ended up with 4.  WRECKED.  They got issues, no lane looked solid out of perhaps, Dyrus.  But they can just camp him.

That AP Yi was awesome.  You could see that coming.

edit: This tournament has me pretty pessimistic about NA LoL.  At least we're winning some games, but there's a lot of doormat teams here.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 11:10:09 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #153 on: November 30, 2012, 08:57:27 AM

I really have to try an AP Yi one of these days. Every time I've seen someone pick it, it's been pretty damn successful.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #154 on: November 30, 2012, 10:16:03 AM

I really have to try an AP Yi one of these days. Every time I've seen someone pick it, it's been pretty damn successful.

Its a lot of fun when it works although you feel like a dick waiting for everyone to half health before you enter.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: November 30, 2012, 10:19:14 AM

TakashiX is playing for Diynamic...

I've played against him before!
Rasix

Reply #156 on: November 30, 2012, 04:07:46 PM

Fnatic just beat TPA in game 1.  shocked They turned a 4 man lvl 3 dive top into 3 kills.  Peke and sOAZ played really well.

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: November 30, 2012, 04:27:37 PM

Cool. Did M5 or TSM play today ? I'm stuck at work, so your my play by play man Rasix  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Rasix

Reply #158 on: November 30, 2012, 07:05:37 PM

Missed the games after that. Had to go out to eat with my family.  

Apparently Fnatic 2-0'd TPA and Curse.eu came back on CLG.NA.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

TSM's in a close game against Blaze right now and M5 lucked out and gets to play stomp Meat Playground.  Alex's rolling AP Yi again.  

edit: Actually, it's not that close. They're getting outfarmed by miles.  Regi is getting doubled at the 37 min mark (his K/D is fine, though).

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 07:08:21 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #159 on: December 01, 2012, 08:31:35 PM

Froggen's Lux is a bit crazy.  I'm not sure if there's anyone that's better with skill shot champs.  TPA is one game from being gone.  

edit: CLG's team comp in game 3 was so goddamn awful.  Holy crap.  You'd hope they'd at least select something with a chance of winning.  Wickd's Rumble is not tourney worthy and Froggen all of the sudden busts out Vlad.  

Game 2 was a bit hilarious as well.  Bebe was up 125 cs on Pete (425 to 300) and out csing both mids.  CLG.eu was up most of the game but he just melted them.  It was an Anivia v. Oriana battle with Froggen and Toyz.  Froggen dominated early, but Toyz caught up.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:30:17 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: December 01, 2012, 11:27:55 PM

I don't know if any of you caught the last game of WE vrs CLG.eu, but that was one of the best games of LoL I have yet seen played. WE is looking like the beast of this one, they just group and destroy, group and destroy.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: So Season 2 ending  
Jump to: