Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:40:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: So Season 2 ending 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So Season 2 ending  (Read 107903 times)
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #105 on: October 06, 2012, 05:50:45 PM

That game was the absolute dumbest of the entire season and people were already starting to cheer ward kills.

And then it goes down in the middle of the first real teamfight.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #106 on: October 06, 2012, 05:51:26 PM

god i sure love watching these clowns spend 394058730925 hours mewling around each other trying to earn the privilege of getting destroyed by azubu
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: October 06, 2012, 05:53:23 PM

Sorry gang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8h9HyoZAa4

That video was made at last year's championchips lol.  Guess it still applies

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #108 on: October 06, 2012, 06:17:15 PM

LoL indeed.  We're getting trolled by Riot.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: October 06, 2012, 06:40:10 PM

After 3d DC it stopped being funny

I dont want see either of those teams again. CLG.EU are known for turtling(and I hate em for that) but WE turtling back  was just pathetic. Neither of those deserves to be in quarter finals.let alone semis
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: October 06, 2012, 06:42:48 PM

You're stupid and should stop posting.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: October 06, 2012, 07:03:38 PM

Shit like this is the biggest problem with eSports right now.  Way too many internet connection related bullshit.  It is just always going to come off as bush league when shit like this can happen. 
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #112 on: October 06, 2012, 07:08:53 PM

"We're going to cross our fingers, and hope that .."

down again
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: October 06, 2012, 07:15:33 PM

Apparently using 5% of NA bandwidth all in one place isn't a good plan.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: October 06, 2012, 07:19:04 PM

In their defense, that's only 56kb/s

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #115 on: October 06, 2012, 07:25:05 PM

It's my fault.  I haven't played for 6 months and tried to patch.  Sorry.

-Rasix
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: October 06, 2012, 07:30:53 PM

http://www.own3d.tv/RiotHD

This stream is up, but so far it's just the nutbags talking still.

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: October 06, 2012, 07:33:41 PM

Yeah call me tomorrow league of ward kills is not my cup of tea  Ohhhhh, I see.

CLG I hope you lose miserably.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 07:36:27 PM by MediumHigh »
Rasix

Reply #118 on: October 06, 2012, 08:05:57 PM

Cruel world where this happens with the least entertaining team (who I still like).

What are they going to realistically do here?  Hold the semis at another venue tomorrow when they eventually have to call it a day?

-Rasix
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: October 06, 2012, 08:29:40 PM

Cruel world where this happens with the least entertaining team (who I still like).

What are they going to realistically do here?  Hold the semis at another venue tomorrow when they eventually have to call it a day?

It seems like this is pretty much exactly what they are doing, but they jut said "sometime during the week."
Rasix

Reply #120 on: October 08, 2012, 09:08:44 PM

clg.eu and WE is a new BO3 on Wednesday.  Bring yer pillows.  why so serious?

TSM v. AF game is apparently "under investigation" due to an AF player getting caught on camera looking at the minimap during a pause.  After it was unpaused, he magically pinged exactly where they were invading.  I doubt they replay anything.  I don't think we want another war with Korea.

Semi-final and finals setups will apparently make this temptation to cheat impossible. Should have just done the thing indoors with booths to begin with.

edit: There were many observed instances of players craning their neck.  Whether to cheat or not, who knows?  Magical pings could also just be good game sense.  The AF instance seems a bit egregious, however.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:10:27 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: October 08, 2012, 09:36:12 PM

Are the semi finals being played following the CLG.eu/WE match on Wednesday? I can't seem to find anything on it anywhere.

Regarding the TSM/AF 'incident' (and those quotation marks are fucking huge ones), I don't even see how it matters. TSM got first blood and then some in the second game: it didn't mean shit.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #122 on: October 08, 2012, 09:55:20 PM

clg.eu and WE is a new BO3 on Wednesday.  Bring yer pillows.  why so serious?

TSM v. AF game is apparently "under investigation" due to an AF player getting caught on camera looking at the minimap during a pause.  After it was unpaused, he magically pinged exactly where they were invading.  I doubt they replay anything.  I don't think we want another war with Korea.

Semi-final and finals setups will apparently make this temptation to cheat impossible. Should have just done the thing indoors with booths to begin with.

edit: There were many observed instances of players craning their neck.  Whether to cheat or not, who knows?  Magical pings could also just be good game sense.  The AF instance seems a bit egregious, however.

How do they set the stage up so that the players can cheat?! This has been figured out since, oh god, I don't know, Quake 3? Just, wow.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: October 08, 2012, 10:19:50 PM

Regarding the TSM/AF 'incident' (and those quotation marks are fucking huge ones), I don't even see how it matters. TSM got first blood and then some in the second game: it didn't mean shit.
Well, sportsmanship is sportsmanship regardless of who would have won. I doubt they'll take any action against Frost, though; the whole situation is too ambiguous and they've got their hands too full already to deal with another potential shitstorm. Heck, even Regi admitted they should probably be given benefit of the doubt.
Rasix

Reply #124 on: October 08, 2012, 10:25:23 PM

How do they set the stage up so that the players can cheat?! This has been figured out since, oh god, I don't know, Quake 3? Just, wow.

Riot has a lot more money than sense. A LOT.

As for the cheating, I don't think they can do anything.  I don't think they should either.  Stern lecture, maybe.

-Rasix
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: October 09, 2012, 08:12:35 AM

Yea, this is really bad.   I didn't see any booths, which I think would solve the problem immediately.  MLG does that for its LoL tournaments and it totally sidesteps this problem. (Of course it doesn't solve the problem of match fixing and ARAM why so serious?)
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: October 10, 2012, 04:48:56 PM

This is resuming in about 15 minutes (8pm EST), in case anyone still cares.
Rasix

Reply #127 on: October 10, 2012, 04:51:08 PM

And the clg.eu and WE is just going to be the last game. 

AZF was fined $30,000 for their violation in the game against TSM.

-Rasix
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: October 10, 2012, 05:01:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up.  And holy, actual results with that.  interesting.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: October 10, 2012, 07:36:57 PM

Annnd TPA got fucked up. 

Rasix

Reply #130 on: October 10, 2012, 07:43:15 PM

Think people will actually start banning out Alex's Eve? I would.

They're just a lot of fun to watch.  Xin, Eve, Vayne in the same game.  Their team fighting was near perfect.

edit: And they ban Eve.   awesome, for real
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 07:50:15 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: October 10, 2012, 08:12:39 PM

Can someone do me a solid and phone in a bomb threat to riot so they delay the game about 45 mins til I get home?

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: October 10, 2012, 08:58:53 PM

Lol, 15 min first blood

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: October 10, 2012, 09:02:16 PM

AZF was fined $30,000 for their violation in the game against TSM.
Goddamn. Every time I start to like a team something goes wrong.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: October 10, 2012, 09:32:09 PM

Man, someone dope M5?  That was sad after game 1.

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: October 10, 2012, 09:53:36 PM

I got home in time to see the last game. M5 looked like they were playing solo queue, not a tourney match. Kog wasn't even in the last team fight ffs, he was farming bot (the approaches to which he had no vision). The players of M5 got caught time and time again in ones or twos, while TPA was, aside from Nid split pushing, never not as a team.

Rasix

Reply #136 on: October 10, 2012, 10:14:55 PM

I'd like to pin that one someone playing bad, but they all pretty much got outplayed. Everyone but Diamond was caught out of position frequently. 

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #137 on: October 10, 2012, 10:42:03 PM

So, is this the Asian team spotting the Euros game 1 again?

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: October 10, 2012, 11:19:40 PM

It's looking like it.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: October 13, 2012, 05:56:16 PM

Grand Finals for this are starting right now: http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: So Season 2 ending  
Jump to: