Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:26:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: So Season 2 ending 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So Season 2 ending  (Read 107902 times)
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #35 on: October 04, 2012, 03:50:45 PM

Clearly, howler monkey op.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #36 on: October 04, 2012, 04:08:30 PM

TSM drew Frost.  Ouch.  iG v. m5.

Crap, I'm probably going to miss most of the group B action.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:11:55 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 04:17:06 PM

Thank god I took two holidays for this!

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 04, 2012, 06:17:29 PM

MakNooN's Jayce is hot shit.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Rasix

Reply #39 on: October 04, 2012, 07:20:31 PM

Has anyone won with Lulu yet? 

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 04, 2012, 07:31:11 PM

Same win percentage as an ADC that isn't Graves, Corki, or Ezrael I believe.

Maknoon is really fucking good, but I will NEVER compliment anyone for playing well with Jayce. That champion is fucking retarded, but I highly doubt Riot will ever do anything about it because he is an original style design.

Additional Bonus Rant: That last game didn't seem so much of NS winning, so much as CLG.eu shitting the bed completely. I've got a tip that even I can see way down from my elo canyon; just because one member gets caught out in the jungle, doesn't mean you have to trickle all the rest of your team in one by one, wasting their ults. You do no damage running away.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 04, 2012, 07:33:48 PM

CLG vs SK had Chauster running Lulu for a win.  I think Chauster ran lulu every game.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 04, 2012, 08:11:07 PM

Jokers just shit all over dignitas.  All over.  I feel embarrassed for Dig.

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: October 04, 2012, 08:19:37 PM

So far, none of the NA or European teams look like they belong here at all. Dig vrs Sj was a total joke.

Rasix

Reply #44 on: October 04, 2012, 08:50:24 PM

Giving Irelia to Wickd is just really, really dumb.

edit: Froggen's farm.  ACK!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:56:00 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 04, 2012, 09:03:44 PM

SJ just went from rabid opossum to cowering gerbil.  Either they were super intimidated by CLG.eu or I dunno.  That was disappointing.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 04, 2012, 10:12:20 PM

Interesting game to end the night on. Dig made some great efforts at playing from behind but the Koreans managed to pull some epic plays and shut them down almost every time.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: October 04, 2012, 10:20:10 PM

SJ just went from rabid opossum to cowering gerbil.  Either they were super intimidated by CLG.eu or I dunno.  That was disappointing.

They just got shut down.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 05, 2012, 04:56:06 AM

So, I caught the first two and last two games but had to sleep through the rest. Any particularly good games I should make it a priority to see?
Rasix

Reply #49 on: October 05, 2012, 07:48:47 AM

You saw the best game.  Of the games you missed, SK v. CLG.na was OK.  Had a fantastic finish.

However, I'd watch anything right now with Najin Sword or Azubu Frost.  That's some impressive shit.

-Rasix
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 05, 2012, 11:59:48 AM

Just a heads up, M5 vs IG in less than a minute (not counting announcer bullshit)

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: October 05, 2012, 12:05:17 PM

My new policy is any time they appear the mute button gets pushed, and I just play the heavy metal songs Mordekaiser's moves are named after  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

I hope M5 pull out some zany zany meta busting shit.

Rasix

Reply #52 on: October 05, 2012, 12:24:03 PM

Wow, iG with 2 target bans against Gosu Pepper.

Very interesting picks by m5.   Not sure how this'll work out.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:27:37 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 05, 2012, 01:08:36 PM

Oh it worked :) I loved the Xin Zhao Lee Sin combo. Xin charges Ez, and Sin just charges right to Xin. That's one fucked AD carry.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 05, 2012, 01:25:58 PM

Why the fuck are they still talking?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #55 on: October 05, 2012, 01:57:05 PM

Wow, M5 really smoked IG with a little rope-a-dope. By mid game, they couldn't seem to lose a team fight.

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: October 05, 2012, 02:03:42 PM

Ya it was practically a stomp for IG at the beginning, but once those team fights started...

The last fight there at the bottom is exactly what I was saying earlier in the thread about 1 person getting caught by 5 and the rest of the team trickling in to their doom. That Vlad was caught. He was dead. There was no reason at all to Shen ult him, then have rest through good money after bad.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: October 05, 2012, 02:14:19 PM

Ya it was practically a stomp for IG at the beginning, but once those team fights started...

IG was just entirely unable to focus the carries of M5, and M5 was easily able to focus the carries of IG. This is kind of surprising since M5 was an all assassin team and it looked like IG had a front line.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #58 on: October 05, 2012, 02:15:08 PM

That Vlad was super aggressive in what I saw. Like almost as aggressive as me at my worst.  awesome, for real

EDIT: So when did 2 tops/1 bot become a new meta? Saw that in both of their games and was like "PIKA?"

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: October 05, 2012, 02:30:30 PM

It's something you do when you think your top lane is ill matched vrs theirs, such as Olaf vrs Vlad. You move your bot top, and have your top go bot, only IG was hip to that scheme and sent their top bot as well.

Edit: Peace out Naijan Sword. So much for Maknoon.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 03:50:03 PM by Ashamanchill »

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: October 05, 2012, 04:09:27 PM

I fell asleep towards the end of the last M5 match.  I guess TPA stomped NaJin?

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: October 05, 2012, 04:15:00 PM

Not stomped. They were good games, but the inertia was rolling in TA's way, and it didn't stop.

Rasix

Reply #62 on: October 05, 2012, 04:25:59 PM

Edit: Peace out Naijan Sword. So much for Maknoon.

He was getting caught out a lot.  He didn't play that very well at all.

They're doing a segment on Dyrus' pillow. 

-Rasix
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: October 05, 2012, 04:27:19 PM

They're desperately trying to fill time while they solve the unexpected problem of sun glare.

Edit: Micky Mouse Bullshit.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 04:41:17 PM by Bzalthek »

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: October 05, 2012, 05:25:42 PM

I'm loving Frost's team comp vs TSM game 1. Well, not Jayce because fuck Jayce, but altogether a fearless push/poke comp that just constantly dared TSM to initiate into a sea of CC and defensive abilities. Possibly more fun than even their game against iG, at least late game.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: October 05, 2012, 05:29:49 PM

I loved the "Yeah!  We got Baron!.... well fuck."

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: October 05, 2012, 06:14:33 PM

TSM threw game two.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: October 05, 2012, 06:18:18 PM

It was a genuine disparity of talent. TSM might have done well at the start, but they we so out picked that nothing they could do later would win them the game. It's not like they even made that many mistakes. Teamfights just went one way on that one.

Rasix

Reply #68 on: October 05, 2012, 06:21:27 PM

They have a weak bot lane and a legit 1900 elo mid (that being said, Regi can make plays).  You can't make that sort of talent disparity up, especially when you don't really try anything special.  At least iG compensated by having insane aggression.

-Rasix
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: October 05, 2012, 07:19:39 PM

It was a genuine disparity of talent. TSM might have done well at the start, but they we so out picked that nothing they could do later would win them the game. It's not like they even made that many mistakes. Teamfights just went one way on that one.

They were not outpicked. To crib someone from another forum,

"If you fight some dude and punch him in the face, you keep on punching him till he can't fight anymore, you don't wait till he gets up or give him a moment to get his bearings. TSM punched AzuFrost in the first(second) round and thought the fight was over because they staggered a bit. "

TSM had a 30% gold lead, 3000 gold, before 10 minutes. Instead of using that gold advantage to pressure more gold advantages, they did nothing. They easily had the ability, Graves had a massive lead and pushes about 10 times harder than ezreal, but their bottom lane, right after taking top tower, went mid and... cleared a wave, didn't do any tower damage at all, didn't even attempt it. Then went bottom... and froze the lane.

A tower is worth about 2 to 2.5 kills in addition to the map control. They had a harder pushing team[with the exception of Karthus being only slightly slower than vlad due to mana limitations on his e] and a 3k gold advantage. They could have made that 3k lead a 5k lead easily. They did not. Then AF, got back up and turned the entire lead around in one lost fight. A lost fight normally would not be a big deal in this situation. At least, if you're pushing. If you're pushing you have two advantages 1) it lets you respawn before the enemy can get creep waves to your tower 2) it forces the enemy to defend objectives instead of taking objectives.

But TSM wasn't pushing. Because they were not pushing Azubu could take two objectives on top of the fight which entirely removed the gold and map control advantage that TSM had.

If you think that the skill level of Regi is "legit 1900", or that their bot lane is weak, i don't know what to say. They lost entirely because they decided to sit on their lead instead of expanding their lead when they could. Also because Dyrus is dumb and built triforce on Jayce [anyone who tells you to build Triforce on Jayce is dumb: Stack AD, win games]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:21:49 PM by Goumindong »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: So Season 2 ending  
Jump to: