Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:07:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 9 Hordes Division Only 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 - Day 9 Hordes Division Only  (Read 10256 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: August 29, 2012, 06:22:31 PM

It's the last day for Hordes and while Drogg and Ruvaldt have booked their places in the playoffs, there are still some upsets possible for the last two automatic spots.

Here is the schedule for day 9:

And here are the results from day 8:

Finally here are the standings after 8 days:

Deadline for this match day is September 8th.

As you can see, Ramas can lose out if both Avaia and Ezrast win their games but even a draw vs Ezrast gives him an automatic spot.

If Ezrast wins then he gets a place regardless as will Avaia but it will depend on the result of the Ezrast/Ramas game and a possible tiebreak as to whether he takes third or fourth place. A draw for either or both of them puts them into a possible tiebreak with Comstar.

Comstar needs to win and for Ezrast and Avaia to lose their games for an automatic spot.

Here are the TD differences after 8 game days:
Bann -13
EricSwiftblade -9
Gruntle -7
Proudft -4
Avaia/Comstar 0
Ezrast +3
Ruvaldt +8
Ramas +9
Drogg +13
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:30:55 PM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 10:21:43 PM

Ruvaldt: Thursday is out for me, but any other day should work fine for the hot goat on goat action.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 11:11:50 PM

My money's on the goats with tenacles
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 11:55:19 PM

Bann,

I know it makes no difference to the league, but you still good for our game? Orc v Orc could be fun and we may get some SPP.

As it happens I have today off work (UK time), you about?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 04:38:53 AM

Gruntle, I am moving house to a place with probably no internet for 2 weeks. Hope we can play tomorrow.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 10:30:11 AM

Gruntle, I am moving house to a place with probably no internet for 2 weeks. Hope we can play tomorrow.

Tomorrow could work, give me a time.

(Edit: Oh great we're like 18 hours different, so, my midnight tonight, I guess? which is your 6pm tomorrow? I dunno your schedule.)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:33:30 AM by Gruntle »
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 11:05:08 AM

Ruvaldt: Thursday is out for me, but any other day should work fine for the hot goat on goat action.

This weekend is good.  Saturday especially because I have nothing scheduled.  Early afternoon CST is best for me, but I can make just about anything happen on Saturday or late/early Sunday.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 11:29:26 AM

Is drogg still on weird hours?  We're in the same time zone at least.   awesome, for real
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 03:59:05 PM

Tomorrow could work, give me a time.

(Edit: Oh great we're like 18 hours different, so, my midnight tonight, I guess? which is your 6pm tomorrow? I dunno your schedule.)

I'm GMT +10 but I'm home nowish. If you see me on steam, yell! What TZ are you.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 08:24:00 PM

I have a four day weekend but I'm going to be spending it adjusting to a third shift schedule. So who knows when I'm going to be awake and not a zombie.

edit: oh look, four digits. I guess I'm one of you now!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:25:47 PM by ezrast »
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 10:47:39 PM

I'm GMT +10 but I'm home nowish. If you see me on steam, yell! What TZ are you.

Sorry, was out early back now -- Pacific Daylight(?) Time here. I'll look for you on Steam.

(Edit: Oh, great -- according to Steam I missed you by one minute... well, I'll be on still, hope to see you)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:51:03 PM by Gruntle »
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 11:09:35 PM

Bann,

Got time this weekend to play?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 04:03:04 AM

I randomly woke up early, got the game started with Gruntle...and he reported incredibly high lag. So much he couldn't place his team on the pitch.

Please reset the match - we'll have to try again tomorrow.

Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 04:08:18 AM

I randomly woke up early, got the game started with Gruntle...and he reported incredibly high lag. So much he couldn't place his team on the pitch.

Please reset the match - we'll have to try again tomorrow.

What Comstar said, we need a reset... please.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 04:15:19 AM

Match reset.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 11:54:26 AM

Is drogg still on weird hours?  We're in the same time zone at least.   awesome, for real

still on vacation but back on the western shores come monday!  find me and let's see just how bad the sending-off kneecap is for HHB  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 11:12:59 AM

Match reset.

After Comstar was so gracious as to replay our first messed up game, his Catfighters lost 1-2 to the lucky Nifty Helmets with a run of bad luck costing them a tie.

The Amazons chose to receive and sensibly took 7 turns to score leaving the chaos team no time to try anything beyond a chancy ball carrier in a mad streak towards the goal line, who the amazons easily knocked down. In the second half, the chaos team dragged the ball slowly forward to score in the 14th. However the cumulative injuries and KOs left the amazons fielding a team only on one-side of the field, a trajedy unfolded when the ball ended up in the undefended side and double skulls on block dice meant that the amazons were unable to protect the ball carrier who was mobbed by beastmen who ran in a turn 16 score to win the game.

Game is up on BBManager:
And the Claw leveled - now he can finally take claw - and I believe one of Comstar's amazons also.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 12:20:12 AM

The most important game of the season, Orc v Orcs played yesterday. The highly anticipated match between number 9 and 10 in the league!

Interesting game, TV was about the same. His team had more skills, my team had a troll.

He chose to receive, I went full bash line up which left his goblin free to get the ball and run down the sideline. Thatfully with elf like grace I managed to dodge out of tackle zones, injure the goblin and get the ball. I then began the slow caged march towards his TD line. Some skillful defence and a couple of mistakes on my part and I fail to score.

2nd half goes better, I receive, run down the pitch and score.

He gets another chance, once again I make a mistake and leave his goblin free, a failed block allows his goblin to get right on my TD line, but with some luck i managed to recover the ball and stop the score.

1-0 to the Camptown Orcboyz, was an interesting match.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 01:15:52 PM

Ezrast, the sticky thread says you are -6 to me. Which is a PITA TZ difference.

If you work normal hours then maybe midnight my time, 1800 your time tomorrow, or I could alarm clock a 6am Thursday my time. Weekend is difficult.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 07:16:54 PM

I do not - as of this week I am on third shift, meaning my normal up-and-about hours are going to be from about 3pm to 9pm my time. Would something like 3-4ish for me, 9-10ish for you work?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 12:51:01 AM

Not sure if you mean am or pm on all of that. 9am Friday or 9pm tonight would work.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 02:46:09 PM

Dammit Avaia, I was counting on you to have hit him harder.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 03:06:49 PM

Ermine Vermin - 5
7 Deadly          - 3

Very much a game for the offence, neither side having much to say once the other got the ball moving.

Game turned on a defensive touchdown in each half for the vermin, when the 7 deadly's two deep skinks couldn't get control of the ball before the wave of Gutter Runners arrived.

No interesting levels or injuries as far as I know.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:56:21 PM by eldaec »

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 05, 2012, 03:11:45 PM

7 Deadly | 3 - 5 | Ermine Vermin

Teams
7 DeadlyErmine Vermin
Race : LizardmanSkaven
TV : 17101450
Treasury : 57000020000
Rerolls : 43
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 99
Cheerleaders : 00

Match Report
7 DeadlyErmine Vermin
Score : 35
Touchdowns inflicted : 35
Touchdowns sustained : 53
Passes : 00
Catches : 00
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 127
KOs inflicted : 61
Injuries inflicted : 02
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 41
Yards gained passing : 104
Yards gained running : 140106
Ball Possession (%) : 5115
Own occupation: 4752
Opponent occupation : 5247
Dodges : 8/1527/34
Block Success : 29/5012/28
Pick Up : 7/154/8
Note of the match: 13/20
Spectators: 36000

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 03:14:50 PM

Ermine Vermin over 7 Deadly 5-3

Eldaec's team is crazy to play against; all his TV is accumulated in his gutter runners so for the most part you can move around his team uninhibited... until the gutter runners show up, yoink the ball out of your hands, and run cackling into your endzone. I scored two TDs by heavily committing to a cage and rumbling upfield - something all my previous experience with lizards has told me NOT to do - and one through triple-dodgey skink bullshit, but all my attempts at sneaky running plays backfired because a single flaw in my positioning meant an instant TD for the rats, even when I tried to screen properly. Not to mention the completely unstoppable 1-turn scoring power of the Vermin's star Gutter Runner, Cheddar.

Definitely a well-played game by eldaec; as bullshitty as Gutter Runners are I imagine it must be pretty tricky to do well with a team that lopsided. No long-term injuries for either side; a Saurus of mine got MVP but I'm not sure if anybody leveled.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 03:20:42 PM

Ermine Vermin over 7 Deadly 5-3

Eldaec's team is crazy to play against; all his TV is accumulated in his gutter runners so for the most part you can move around his team uninhibited... until the gutter runners show up, yoink the ball out of your hands, and run cackling into your endzone. I scored two TDs by heavily committing to a cage and rumbling upfield - something all my previous experience with lizards has told me NOT to do - and one through triple-dodgey skink bullshit, but all my attempts at sneaky running plays backfired because a single flaw in my positioning meant an instant TD for the rats, even when I tried to screen properly. Not to mention the completely unstoppable 1-turn scoring power of the Vermin's star Gutter Runner, Cheddar.

Definitely a well-played game by eldaec; as bullshitty as Gutter Runners are I imagine it must be pretty tricky to do well with a team that lopsided. No long-term injuries for either side; a Saurus of mine got MVP but I'm not sure if anybody leveled.

Sounds like an awesome game to watch!
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 07:20:03 AM

Come forth and show yourself, Ruvaldt.  I summon thee, creature of hatred!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 08:04:52 AM

Avaia, your players will be but logs on the pyre I burn to honor the brutal gods of Blood Bowl.

Friday or Saturday both work for me.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 10:23:40 AM

We're just going to work on our passing game, right?  Wouldn't ant anyone hurt going into the playoffs...  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 11:32:51 AM

Why wouldn't we?

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 12:05:29 PM

In that case, Ex-Prez team should just hit end turn so I can get some blocking practice in.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 12:50:53 PM

That I can get behind.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 08:27:28 PM

NOTICE:  there are hairballs in the Comcast pipes in Hayward.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 08:51:05 PM

FURTHER NOTICE:

After failing to get a working connection with drogg, I successfully connected with Ingmar, who is a lazy bastard and never even set up his port forwarding.  So something weird is going on with me & drogg.  drogg and I tried normal connections, and Hamachi connections, and probably some combinations of both with the various reboots and restarts, and nothing would work (Blood Bowl gave us the generic 'open your port 16962 message' every time).

drogg & I are both on Comcast.  A tracert from me to him stays all on Comcast and arrives successfully.  From him to me gets nearly to me but decides to timeout at a Comcast stop in Hayward (different ip than when I hop through Hayward to him).

Any more knowledgeable network people have any ideas? 
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: September 07, 2012, 09:15:36 AM

it bears mentioning that proudft and i are less than twenty miles apart, both port forwarded, and lately i've been DMZed prior to blood bowl just in case. death to cyanide's netcode and death to comcast, who (per canyouseeme.org) may be blocking 16962 upstream  Mob
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 9 Hordes Division Only  
Jump to: