Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:09:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 playoff teams 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 playoff teams  (Read 3381 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: August 29, 2012, 02:18:41 PM

8 matches left across 3 divisions, by my maths we know all the qualifiers and all the wildcards.

Huhnqua Huhnqua Burningluv (hordes champion)
Ex-Presidents of Doom (hordes automatic qualification)
Ermine Vermin (one game to play, either hordes automatic or 1st wildcard)
F13 Catfighters  (one game to play, either hordes automatic or 1st or 2nd wildcard)
7 Deadly  (two games to play, etiher hordes automatic or 1st or 2nd wildcard)
Bleating  (one game to play, either hordes automatic or 2nd wildcard)

Beardstorm! (40k champions)
The Minizilla's (40k automatic qualification)
Insatiable (40k automatic qualification)
Fianna Chulain (40k automatic qualification)
Zellar DwellerZ (4th wildcard)

Team SnooSnoo (Tamurkhan champions)
Hazardous Hippies (Tamurkhan automatic qualification)
Alive not Dead (Tamurkhan automatic qualification)
South Park Smackdown (Tamurkhan automatic qualification)
Goblin Baby (3rd wildcard)

3 Lizardmen
2 Chaos
2 Skaven
1 Amazon
1 Nurgle
1 Dwarf
1 Vampire
2 Wood Elf
1 Orc
1 Undead
1 Goblin
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 02:21:51 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 04:28:43 PM

They're all excellent teams...too tough for me to call, but I'd put money on Insatiable, Fianna Chulain, and Beardstorm.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 04:59:56 PM

So how do the Wild cards work by the way? How many teams in the playoffs and will we have failoffs as well? (More work for our new Commissioner sadly...)
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 05:07:50 PM

Alrighty, Seeding is done, video is uploading Right Now!

We're going to have to have three divisions in two different leagues as otherwise we need to mess about with open leagues and byes.

So, there will be two divisions of 8 teams each - these will stay in the current league - and one parallel league with one division of 10 players who will need to join the new league that I have set up already will set up as soon as the Bloodbowl platform comes back up..

Playoffs will be the top four from each of the three divisions plus the next best four players from all the divisions. These four wildcard spots will be awarded on points then TD difference and then TDs against. For the purposes of these wildcard spots, teams from the 10 player division will only count their first 7 games.

Everyone not in the playoffs (12 players) will be in a failoff knockout league.

Well, this is all out the window now, since we are counting all games.  I'll see if I can find that post now...

Edit: Okay, I don't really know how we're doing it, somewhere in http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=22354.msg1087886#msg1087886 is the answer.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:11:25 PM by avaia »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 05:15:13 PM

Looks to me like it is fairly likely I will play goblins in the first round? That is not what I expected.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 05:26:02 PM

There will be 16 teams in the playoffs for a normal post-season knockout. The top four teams from all divisions will automatically qualify. The next best four teams (by points and then TD difference) will qualify as wildcards. Because Hordes has an extra two matches in their regular season, then for the purposes of the wildcard spots only the points and TD difference from the first 7 matches will be taken into account - the automatic qualification spots are determined after all games have been played however.

The failoffs will have ten players and we'll probably do this as an open league with swiss-style seeding over three games (i.e. not a knockout). The winner will be the team with the most points and TD difference.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 05:35:17 PM

There will be 16 teams in the playoffs for a normal post-season knockout. The top four teams from all divisions will automatically qualify. The next best four teams (by points and then TD difference) will qualify as wildcards. Because Hordes has an extra two matches in their regular season, then for the purposes of the wildcard spots only the points and TD difference from the first 7 matches will be taken into account - the automatic qualification spots are determined after all games have been played however.

The failoffs will have ten players and we'll probably do this as an open league with swiss-style seeding over three games (i.e. not a knockout). The winner will be the team with the most points and TD difference.

Yeah, that's what I thought it would be. According to this the teams are as follows:

Drogg (1st)
Ruvaldt (2nd or 3rd)
Ramas (2nd, 3rd, or 4th - maybe even a qualifier)
Avaia (3rd, 4th, or a qualifier)
Comstar (3rd, 4th, or a qualifier)
Ezrast (3rd, 4th, or a qualifier)

Ingmar (1st)
Ulysses (2nd)
Megrim (3rd)
IainC (4th)

MA (1st)
Teleku (2nd, unless Llyse beats Reborne by 3 or more)
Llyse (3rd, unless he beats Reborne by 3 or more)
Paelos (4th)
Lamaros (3rd Wildcard)

With the final spot (4th Wildcard) being:

**Falconeer (if they win - quite likely)
**Proudft (better TD difference than Haem)
**Reborne (if they win - very unlikely)

I guess then the playoffs would go something like:

1st Hordes v Lamaros or Falconeer (otherwise they'd be playing someone from Hordes)
1st 40k v Hordes Wildcard
1st T v Hordes Wildcard

2nd Hordes v Lamaros or Falconeer or 2nd 40k v Proudft

2nd 40k/Hordes v 4th Hordes/T
2nd T v 4th 40k

3rd 40k v 4th T/Hordes
3rd T v 3rd Hordes

It's a bit of a mess!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:58:11 PM by lamaros »
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 06:00:19 PM

So does that mean I'm in the playoff's no matter what happens?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 06:05:34 PM

The main thing is that I'm going to play Ingmar or Drogg, which is about as horrible a matchup as you can get for Goblins!

Something like the following avoids group conflicts:

Ingmar v 4th Wilcard
Drogg v 3rd Wilcard (me!)
MA v 2nd Wildcard
Ulysses v 1st Wilcard

So does that mean I'm in the playoff's no matter what happens?

Pretty sure yeah. You were above 6 points (Haem's current score as possible 4th best wildcard) after round 7, which was the cutoff for Hordes wildcards scores.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 07:38:41 PM

One possibility would be to determine the wildcards by points divided by games played, that gives an average score per match so the last 2 games of the other conference matter more. Although it might be sort of a bait and switch at this point.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 07:45:29 PM

One possibility would be to determine the wildcards by points divided by games played, that gives an average score per match so the last 2 games of the other conference matter more. Although it might be sort of a bait and switch at this point.

Whatever system eventuates in me playing a team with low armor is the one I support!
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 10:25:49 PM

I think we need a bracket so I can determine whether to hire these Chinese badminton assistant coaches for my last match.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 03:51:34 AM

Someday I'll see my name up there in the limelight.  Someday  awesome, for real

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 07:13:41 AM

Someday I'll see my name up there in the limelight.  Someday  awesome, for real

I went from outhouse to the playoffs in like 3 games. IT CAN BE DONE!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 09:53:00 PM

Hmmm checking the first post of the season it seems Teleku will still be 2nd since it's head to head then TD difference.

Oh well  why so serious?
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 05:29:40 PM

So, when are we going into the playoffs? Is everyone done with their scheduled games yet?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 05:52:48 PM

drogg and I have had to declare our match unplayable - it shouldn't affect anything though as he was clearly going in and I was not unless I won (ha ha) and some really weird losses happened, according to someone's calculations.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 12:42:34 AM

That's a big shame. I'll set it as a 0-0 draw then.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 12:55:09 AM

Yeah, we spent more time over a couple (or three - I forget) days messing with it than a real game would have taken.  Stupid Comcast!   swamp poop

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 playoff teams  
Jump to: