Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:21:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Simple Questions Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Simple Questions Thread  (Read 194609 times)
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #525 on: August 19, 2014, 01:24:31 PM

You'd have better luck getting people's credit card and social security numbers than getting them to do Arah story mode.
Has it gotten that bad? I did it on 5 of my chars in completely random pugs, and I could find a group on gw2lfg instantly in each case*. Sure, some took more time than others (euphemism), but all of them completed the run in less time than it took to do, say, a Maraudon run back in vanilla WOW. I realize that's not a particularly good measuring stick.  awesome, for real

* all 5 of my runs were before the ingame LFG tool, if that counts

edit: words
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:42:16 PM by Zetor »

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #526 on: August 19, 2014, 03:38:08 PM

Also the story gets way less interesting once you finish joining an order, just to warn you. The joining process can be fun, though.
I'd say it only really gets uninteresting when the Marty Stu salad turns up - before that they're still good.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #527 on: August 19, 2014, 06:05:25 PM

You'd have better luck getting people's credit card and social security numbers than getting them to do Arah story mode.
"Give me a run and I'll shred your CCN and SSN." awesome, for real

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #528 on: August 19, 2014, 11:09:03 PM

That's actually a lie. Just advertise on the LFG tool on the Arah Dungeon for "Story Mode" and you will have a group together in 10 minutes tops. And I know because I was doing an insomniac fueled all nighter last night and Someone asked in Mapchat for someone to do it, I said why not, advertised in the LFG at 2 in the morning UK time and we had a full group in 5 minutes even in that late hour. It's actually a pretty fun story dungeon, much as people here like to hate on GW2 dungeons.

And the group got through it pretty well with a few instructions on some of the fights from yours truly. If you want to run Arah sometime let me know and I'll run it with you. It will take half an hour to 45 minutes of your time.

Hic sunt dracones.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #529 on: August 20, 2014, 01:56:44 AM

Yeah, I've run Arah story on 12 toons because I must be fucking nuts to satrisfy my OCD and complete the story on all characters. LFG works but goddamn, for all the amazing detail on Zhaitan - the dungeon is painfully boring.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #530 on: August 20, 2014, 07:09:00 AM

It's actually a pretty fun story dungeon, much as people here like to hate on GW2 dungeons.
It's a fun dungeon, just... Logan.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #531 on: August 20, 2014, 09:52:21 AM

Oh, I've never actually tried the LFG for story mode stuff.  By the time it had come out, I had basically given up on doing it. 

I was in possibly one of the largest and most active guilds on Jade Quarry and no one wanted to do that thing.  No one was ever looking to do it.   Only reason I'd care at this point is for the achievement points, and it's kind of pointless if I don't have any desire to play.

PUGing... nothing you can say will get me to pug anything in that game ever again outside of stupid zerg events.  I still bear the scars.

-Rasix
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #532 on: August 20, 2014, 12:23:03 PM

I'm just not a fan of dungeons, for whatever reason I can't stay oriented and get lost in even simple dungeons.  I also am surprisingly bad at mmo style fights and can't seem to break the habit of pointing and clicking with my mouse instead of using the keyboard so long complicated fights are not something I actively look for.
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #533 on: October 11, 2014, 03:54:12 PM

Some simple questions:

Is it worth it to unlock the first two storylines?  I have the 2 Dragon's Reach ones open but I was away for the first 2, the Maguuma ones.  By worth it, I mean can you get some interesting rewards and be entertained?

What are some good ways to get transmute charges?  Gem store, check.  Completing zones, check.  What else?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #534 on: October 12, 2014, 04:56:44 AM

Nope you hit on the only way to get transmute charges.

The first episode is pretty missable to be honest. The second one is where people sat up and paid attention and said "woah, this is for real"

Hic sunt dracones.
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #535 on: October 12, 2014, 12:45:51 PM

Nope you hit on the only way to get transmute charges.

The first episode is pretty missable to be honest. The second one is where people sat up and paid attention and said "woah, this is for real"

Ah ok.  So if I skip Gates of Maguuma and just do Entanglement, I won't be missing a first necessary step?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #536 on: October 12, 2014, 01:48:16 PM

Gates of Maguuma basically brings you to and introduces you to Dry Top, a few characters that are important later in the story,  and supplies some of the backstory (such as why the Zepherites crashed), and ends with a fairly tough boss battle. Its starts the buildup to the main event that starts with entanglement so you might miss a little pacing. I really dont know what the deal is if you skip it and haven't go right to Entanglement, butI doubt its essential. There's a few achievements you can't get if you haven't done the missions as well.

Really the missions are fine, just marred with some REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING companions and dialogue.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 01:50:33 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #537 on: October 19, 2014, 07:08:29 PM

PVP

Didn't we used to be able to get gear?  Maybe it's still there, but as of now all I can see is the ability to choose rune/sigil and weapons.  I remember a pvp locker and such, with level 1's being able to enter the mist and get fully geared for pvp. 
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #538 on: October 19, 2014, 08:52:46 PM

It just uses your regular gear but with the only stats coming from the pvp runes/sigil/medallions you pick.  Level 1's just need to buy their own level 1 weapons now though which is a very slight inconvenience.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Simple Questions Thread  
Jump to: