Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:28:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: servers up 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: servers up  (Read 23872 times)
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: August 25, 2012, 10:56:18 AM

Plus even if you're on another server you can guest on your friends servers at any time to play with them. Guilds and parties are cross server as well - the only thing it affects is the WversusW gameplay.

Yea I thought this wasn't in but I was able to join in on a friend on another server.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: August 25, 2012, 12:24:20 PM

Yet another game that needs a server queue.   If the server is full just let me get in line rather than spam you with refresh requests.

I'm not sure about starting on another server since I can't even get into account management at the moment.  Hopefully Jade Quarry settles down a bit at some point today so I can at least make a character.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #72 on: August 25, 2012, 01:11:57 PM

So glad I'm playing the Reaper KS today instead of this :)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #73 on: August 25, 2012, 01:17:49 PM

Haven't had an issue logging in at all, personally.  awesome, for real

God Save the Horn Players
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: August 25, 2012, 01:29:56 PM

But I play for 30-40 minutes and my laptop switches off! 

Heat issue?
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: August 25, 2012, 01:32:13 PM

My main issue is this horrid input server lag, which makes playing a thief a tad difficult, also; some of these events are too overcrowded to be interesting, it devolves into mindless WoW raid like gameplay.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: August 25, 2012, 03:25:19 PM

Haven't had an issue logging in at all, personally.  awesome, for real

I've been logging in and out all day with zero issues other than the guild I created works for everyone but me.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #77 on: August 25, 2012, 06:43:50 PM

In finally. Wish there was a server pop refresh button.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: August 26, 2012, 03:08:50 AM

But I play for 30-40 minutes and my laptop switches off! 

Heat issue?

It may be.  Did some cleaning and I'm staying on. 
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: August 26, 2012, 06:03:20 AM

Cool. Yea, even with liquid cooling, my CPU is still on my floor so collects lots of dust. I use my air compressor on it weekly, and only after running into your issue did I realize I was forgetting the video card fan smiley

I also use RealTemp, mostly for the logging.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: August 26, 2012, 06:46:35 AM

The beta tests were so nice. Logging in to a message telling me to validate my e-mail that doesn't work, a message warning I need to update my graphics drivers to something apparently not actually out yet and a lot more buggy play experience reminds me again that last minute changes are the best way to shoot yourself in the foot.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: August 26, 2012, 06:49:45 AM

a message warning I need to update my graphics drivers to something apparently not actually out yet
Yea I thought it was interesting they'd recommend the beta drivers. I didn't go that route, and have had no problems at all with the graphics at close to max settings. Later I'll try the actual max ones and see if there's any problems. I'll take beta games any day. But beta drivers are in the same no-go category as beta OSes for me.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #82 on: August 26, 2012, 07:40:35 AM

Perfectly understandable, but the post below explains why.  Essentially, the beta drivers have upwards of 15% improvement over the standard release drivers.  

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/bill-freist-talks-optimization-and-performance/

Edit:  Nvidia beta drivers have never given me problems in the past, personally.  This one seems stable, too.  And I'm on a 5yr old rig with a 8800GTX.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: August 26, 2012, 10:26:32 AM

I was having video stuttering with my NVidia GT 460X with current drivers.  A friend told me to try the beta driver, so I did.

It makes all the difference in the world.  After installation, all (and I mean ALL) stuttering went away.  If you have an NVidia card and want the best performance from GW2, I highly recommend the new beta drivers. It's like playing a different game.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: August 26, 2012, 12:14:38 PM

Perfectly understandable, but the post below explains why.  Essentially, the beta drivers have upwards of 15% improvement over the standard release drivers.  

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/bill-freist-talks-optimization-and-performance/

Edit:  Nvidia beta drivers have never given me problems in the past, personally.  This one seems stable, too.  And I'm on a 5yr old rig with a 8800GTX.

Hmm, good to know. If I run into anything I'll give it a shot.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: August 26, 2012, 04:45:37 PM

That improvement looks nice. But the message on start is terrible customer service. You don't put a warning about, "Your video card may have issues leading to <list of bad things>" and make mention of a beta driver on your initial log-in screen for a mass-market release. Either provide it as information "This beta driver may improve your experience", with a link, or wait till the driver actually releases to recommend it.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: August 26, 2012, 05:03:31 PM

Some people can't even run the game without using that beta driver.  Even then, some are still having problems with the video driver crashing after upgrading.  The game engine is very unforgiving even for people who supposedly meet the requirements to run the game.

Over and out.
nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: August 28, 2012, 09:13:43 AM

Login server is down again in Europe. They had the same problem on Sunday. Not going too smooth. The game seems to work fine if only you could play.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: August 28, 2012, 10:36:55 AM

Login server is down again in Europe. They had the same problem on Sunday. Not going too smooth. The game seems to work fine if only you could play.

I had the same problem after I logged out for the update earlier. It would take about a dozen attempts to get to character select, then it would let me try to get into the game 3 or 4 times then boot me back out to the launcher. All the while my friends were telling me I was showing as online in the game. After trying on and off for about an hour I decided to restart my router and it let me in on the first attempt. I assume my IP changing make it finally realise I wasn't online and release the session or something. Might be worth a try for you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: servers up  
Jump to: