Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:30:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo  (Read 36612 times)
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #35 on: September 23, 2012, 05:33:19 AM

The arms  ACK!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 23, 2012, 06:06:01 AM

What in the name of Humanity's Anus...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 07:21:57 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: September 27, 2012, 11:28:24 PM

What has been seen......can not be unseen!!!!

Going off to bleach my eyes.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: September 28, 2012, 02:28:38 PM

schild
Administrator

Reply #39 on: September 28, 2012, 02:40:31 PM

I don't understand the Honey Boo Boo phenomenon. When did fat white trash kids and their awful parents become something worth gawking at? Even in a recession this doesn't strike me as entertainment. I just don't get it.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: September 28, 2012, 02:47:24 PM

Because reality TV is cheap.. So cheap in fact that from what I read these people got paid a total of like 40k for the season.  While TLC wracks in millions.

Besides all this shit really started many years ago with shit shows like Jerry Springer and Maury Povich.
schild
Administrator

Reply #41 on: September 28, 2012, 02:49:30 PM

Jerry Springer and Maury Povich are not even in the same realm as this. Those guys made MILLIONS off their shows and actively started mocking their guests early on. There's no real personable host to do that here.

These are just shitbags on camera and deserve nothing less than a cruel televised death.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 28, 2012, 02:56:06 PM

How is that any different then the guests and shit they brought on Springer or Povich?  People didn't watch it for the hosts, they watched it for the trainwreck of people the shows brought on. 

I'm not defending this show but it's really no worse than a ton of bs that's been on for years. 
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #43 on: September 28, 2012, 02:57:26 PM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: September 28, 2012, 03:00:19 PM

Haha yes.. sorry i haven't slept in like 30 hours. 
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 28, 2012, 03:25:07 PM

Honey Boo Boo: Dwarf Tossing for the Reality Show Age

Reviewers all but barfed but Americans, it turns out, can’t get enough of Honey Boo Boo, mom June, and the rest of the clan, which includes two other sisters by two different dads, the newborn infant of one of the teenaged sisters, and various men, some of whom come with nicknames that seem straight out of quaint novel about those colorful southerners, like Sugar Bear.

Sure enough, a backlash to the backlash soon developed. Honey Boo Boo, various critics proclaimed, might be eating cheese balls for breakfast on camera, but no matter! The show is really about the love family has for one another! How dare we critics living in upscale enclaves like New York City and West Los Angeles, turn our blue state Pinot Grigio sniffing noses up at this proud Red Bull redneck clan living in red rural Georgia? That Here Comes Honey Boo Boo trafficked in and showcased the grossest of gross stereotypes about lower middle class southern white folk was deemed inconsequential. The family, led by matriarch June, was in on the joke. How could the family be exploited if they actively wanted to be exploited?

Well, something called dwarf tossing was once legal too. Really, folks. It was quite a big deal when I was a teen, and people defended it in the usual ways. The little people are okay with it. They have a hard time getting jobs, so why not stuff them in padded suits and toss them at padded walls? It’s funny and no one is getting hurt. It’s a paying gig, right? Well, after a few years of this, most of us agreed that dwarf tossing was not so humorous, and states like New York and Florida moved to ban the popular nightclub stunt attraction. Pretty soon, we had dwarf families celebrating their freedom from padded suits by getting their own reality shows where, to the best of my knowledge, they did not get tossed.

So back to Honey Boo Boo. This is where I go all serious on you, and point out that you might think you are watching a show about a loving if unconventional family but what you are really doing when you turn the television on to this train wreck is participating in the destruction of what is left of the American working classes. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is an unintentional reality show documentary demonstrating what happens when the jobs go away, and there is little way to make an honest living. You see social dysfunction, teenage moms, semi-employed men who come and go, maintaining tangential relations — at best — with their children. You get moms who actually think kiddy beauty pageants are their ticket out of poverty — if only their child can win the jackpot. You get families that are so off the grid of middle class life, the only chance they have of living in that world is to agree to offer up their own hardscrabble lives as entertainment for the rest of us.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
schild
Administrator

Reply #46 on: September 30, 2012, 10:24:24 PM

Man, comparing it to dwarf tossing is weak. We're not actually pummeling the shit out of this stupid honey boo boo family and endangering their ability to stay alive. They do that well enough on their own. Midgets were put in harm's way for the entertainment of others, these people are not.

This is just people pointing at laughing at white trash. And frankly, I'm OK with that part. What I'm not ok with, is that so many people have the ability to tolerate it. I submit that if you can tolerate this shit, you are in fact white trash yourself. I can see this thing being like a 30 second Youtube video or something where people are like "ok, that's pretty funny, look at this dumb motherfucker doing something dumb." But no, it's a TV show. I'm already for carpet combing the majority of rural America - this show does not turn me off of that idea.

And yes, that stupid giant Jabba the Motherfucking Hutt mom's only chance of scraping by with that little fat shitbag daughter is submitting her to a beauty contest. Shame she can't tell her kid is fucking ugly.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: October 01, 2012, 01:29:10 AM

Damn it, I agreed with Schild. Welp. Hit my quota for the year.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 01, 2012, 01:34:44 AM

I did too.  Except for the Carpet Combing.  That sounds rude.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #49 on: October 01, 2012, 09:06:41 AM

I did too.  Except for the Carpet Combing.  That sounds rude.

Until you've seen (or lived in) the parts of the country you are talking about, you really won't understand that it's not only not rude, it's probably our last best hope for peace.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 01, 2012, 09:08:21 AM

I'm just not sure my carpet can take any combing.  It does badly enough with the hoover.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #51 on: October 01, 2012, 09:11:28 AM

The Comb in this case would hopefully be treated with hydrochloric acid.

Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #52 on: October 01, 2012, 03:34:27 PM

someone somewhere called this show *the new Meet the Kardashians*  which apparently really upset Kim and Co.   which in turn brought a smile to my face.

other than that all I got is:   ACK!

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 02, 2012, 05:53:29 AM

And yes, that stupid giant Jabba the Motherfucking Hutt mom's only chance of scraping by with that little fat shitbag daughter is submitting her to a beauty contest. Shame she can't tell her kid is fucking ugly.

This deserves to be repeated. That kid is fucking UGLY and is a stupid little bitch to boot. Its like the picked the most repulsive shitbag from Toddlers and Tiaras and decided to make an even more revolting spinoff from an already revolting horror series.

Hic sunt dracones.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #54 on: October 02, 2012, 10:15:05 AM

This deserves to be repeated. That kid is fucking UGLY and is a stupid little bitch to boot. Its like the picked the most repulsive shitbag from Toddlers and Tiaras and decided to make an even more revolting spinoff from an already revolting horror series.

Not LIKE. This is exactly what they did do and it obviously was the correct choice since the ratings are strong enough to order more of the show. I don't blame the creators, I blame the audience. Great tv shows die off in a season or even half a season while swill like this hangs on too long. Makes you wonder just what the U.S. population is comprised of -  to use a metaphor: I get the fact people have a fascination with circus sideshows, but to have those out performing money-wise to theater productions is slightly alarming.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 25, 2012, 01:30:14 AM

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #56 on: October 29, 2012, 06:16:47 PM

Fetal alcohol syndrome?   Not kidding.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #57 on: October 29, 2012, 06:22:59 PM

(edit) I was hoping there'd be a web app out there somewhere that could analyze a face shot and look for FAS indicators, but the research isn't quite there yet.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 06:25:43 PM by Samwise »

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #58 on: October 29, 2012, 07:26:31 PM

That's a bit uncanny.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: October 31, 2012, 07:45:00 AM

If you took that family and buried them up to their necks in the sand I'm pretty sure you'd have Easter Island.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: October 24, 2014, 10:47:21 PM

For those people that care, The Learning Channel may be about to cancel this horror show. The real reason is that the ratings finally have sunk, but the official reason is that TLC has learned that... ok lets just paste the article and not spoil the surprise

http://www.avclub.com/article/child-molestation-leads-tlc-finally-being-offended-210902

Child molestation leads to TLC finally being offended by Honey Boo Boo
By Sean O'Neal@seanoneal
Oct 23, 2014 3:10 PM

After four seasons of encouraging the entitled behavior of a Red Bull-and-Mountain Dew-fueled child, simultaneously celebrating and gawking at a family that makes games out of farting and huffing each other’s mouths, and generally wallowing in a slop trough of snot, mayonnaise, and exploitation, TLC may have at last found something about Honey Boo Boo that offends them.

Earlier today, a report surfaced on TMZ that family matriarch Mama June had rebounded from her recent split with Honey Boo Boo’s father, Sugar Bear, by dating Mark McDaniel—a man who more than makes up for his lack of a nickname with his equally cringe-inducing criminal past. Specifically, McDaniel just completed 10 years in prison for “forcing oral sex” on an 8-year-old child—a child who also happens to be a relative of June’s. And even for a channel that has otherwise gladly trafficked in all forms of disgusting behavior, quasi-incestuous child molestation may be where TLC draws the line.

“TLC is not currently in production on Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. We are very concerned about this new information and are reassessing the future of the series,” The Learning Channel said in a statement, noting the first time any sort of “learning” has taken place around that network in years. As Deadline reminds, the series, which just wrapped its fourth season, is already on a ratings decline to match its cultural one, with less than 2 million viewers tuning in this year to catch up on the family’s proudly redneck antics. Now the network just has to decide whether, at long last, “molestation of an 8-year-old relative” is the sort of redneck antic it simply can’t endorse.

Wrists, meet razor.

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: October 25, 2014, 12:20:31 AM

Aaaaand it gets worse

"TLC has cancelled the series HERE COMES HONEY BOO BOO and ended all activities around the series, effective immediately. Supporting the health and welfare of these remarkable children is our only priority. TLC is faithfully committed to the children's ongoing comfort and well-being."

http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/24/mama-june-child-molestation-anna-mark-mcdaniel-honey-boo-boo-dating/
Mama June's New Man Molested Her Daughter And She Wants You to Know 10/24/2014 2:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

The 8-year-old girl who was molested by Mama June's new guy is June's own daughter, Anna ... and Anna wanted us to tell everybody.

TMZ broke the story ... June is dating her ex, Mark McDaniel, who was released in March after serving 10 years in prison for forcing a girl to perform oral sex on him. June has been dating McDaniel since his release -- something she denies despite photos and other evidence -- and that's why TLC cancelled "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo."

Sources tell TMZ ... Anna Cardwell -- who is now 20 and married with a child -- believed her mom earlier today that she was not dating the man who molested her.  But we're told Anna has now received a lot more info, and is now convinced June betrayed her by seeing McDaniel again.

Anna -- known on the show as Chickadee -- wants it known she's the victim because it makes what her mom is doing all the more egregious. We're told Anna feels her relationship with her mom has been destroyed, and the only way June can see her granddaughter is if McDaniel is nowhere to be seen.

We're also told TLC reached out to Anna today to offer her counseling.

Hic sunt dracones.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #62 on: October 25, 2014, 06:58:57 AM

I got into an argument with a 23 year old about this show about two months ago. I said shit like this was exploitative and that the producers should horsewhipped for basically ruining these kids lives by perpetuating the idea of stupidity as entertainment.

She argued that it wasn't exploiting them at all, and that they all get the benefits of being on a show.

I'm going to enjoy sending her an email with these links.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #63 on: October 25, 2014, 07:24:48 AM

I'd actually argue that being on that show was the least of the kids' problems. This news just compounded that. With or without the show they're still stuck with a real shitbag of a mother.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #64 on: October 25, 2014, 07:34:20 AM

I'd actually argue that being on that show was the least of the kids' problems. This news just compounded that. With or without the show they're still stuck with a real shitbag of a mother.

My thought was that the show was a multiplier effect. They had to act even crazier to get ratings, and the whole thing just continued to spiral into this.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: October 25, 2014, 08:03:15 AM

Ever seen some of the 'before' pictures of Duck Dynasty cast?

People will literally do anything to be on TV.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: October 25, 2014, 08:05:23 AM

Sounds like the daughter was sexually assaulted long before this was ever a thing.  This family was as irredeemably fucked as you can get from the start.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #67 on: October 25, 2014, 08:13:58 AM

My thought was that the show was a multiplier effect. They had to act even crazier to get ratings, and the whole thing just continued to spiral into this.

Parents who enter their kids into beauty pageants generally seem to be exploitative lowlifes, not even getting into this child molestation stuff which also didn't have anything to do with the show. When you've got a mom hellbent on exploiting you as early in life as possible, a reality TV show is probably one of the less harmful things these kids could have ended up in. I'm not saying it's not horrible to exploit them by putting them on a show like this, I'm just saying these kids lives were going to be fucked regardless just by virtue of being raised by Jabba the Hutt who is all to happy to make them dance for the amusement of others.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: October 25, 2014, 08:15:26 AM

I got into an argument with a 23 year old about this show about two months ago. I said shit like this was exploitative and that the producers should horsewhipped for basically ruining these kids lives by perpetuating the idea of stupidity as entertainment.

She argued that it wasn't exploiting them at all, and that they all get the benefits of being on a show.

I'm going to enjoy sending her an email with these links.

Not being on the show wasn't going to make their lives any less shit.

I am the .00000001428%
WayAbvPar

Reply #69 on: October 25, 2014, 09:20:43 AM

Everyone involved in bringing this atrocity to television should be rounded up along with every stupid motherfucker with a Season Pass for it and forced to fight to the death. That is a show I would watch.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo  
Jump to: