Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:52:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 8 Hordes Division Only 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 - Day 8 Hordes Division Only  (Read 4879 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: August 18, 2012, 07:31:57 AM

We're motoring ahead in Hordes which is good, as it reduces the end of season downtime significantly.

Here's the schedule for day 8

Hordes:

Here are the results from day 7

Hordes:

And here's the rankings after 7 match days

Hordes:

Deadline for these games is August 28th.

Drogg has guaranteed his playoff spot already, Ramas and Ruvaldt are all but there however both have some tough matches to play and both Ezrast and Avaia could squeak in with some luck. Comstar gets a date with Drogg the Undefeated which makes his day 9 game vs Gruntle a must win if he wants to hold onto that last playoff spot.

Remember that for wildcard spots, only the points and TD difference from the first 7 game days count. So the rankings given here are what will be used to determine the four runners up between the three divisions. The last two match days still count for automatic qualification however.

Here are the TD differences after 7 game days in Hordes:
Bann -11
EricSwiftblade/Gruntle -8
Proudft -3
Avaia -1
Ezrast/Comstar +1
Ruvaldt +7
Ramas +10
Drogg +12
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 09:04:52 AM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 01:51:21 AM

1-0 HHB over the orc boyz.  agonizing victory.  another star skink to the glue factory thanks to a broken neck, and a serious comedy of fucking errors with the rest of the lizards.  drogg boneheaded five turns in a row without stopping after eating dirt. i had four players knocked out in a single turn, including two saurii.  Tantrum

i just barely managed to get my druthers to halt the orcs twice right by the end zone after the massacre, and once i somehow still had a skink that wasn't dead or unconscious, leading to my token score.   if this is how an undefeated season feels, i think next time i'd prefer to be 3rd or so...

match is uploaded.

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 02:00:04 AM

also, for those keeping track at home, drogg has managed to bonehead 11 of his past 25 turns.  Shaking fist
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 02:03:09 AM

That was probably the most fun I've had all season. First game with my Troll, but even so the Tv difference was large. Morg was the obvious choice, he's done me well so far. 150k left meant that a wizard was the next obvious choice.

He won the toss and decided to receive. His line up full of high strength players with block and guard took down my line, but not as well as he could've. Nuffle was not on his side, and some bad rolling left him in a bad position. Some good rolling on my side enabled me to get the ball loose and in the hands of my thrower on turn 3, he made a play for my line, but left a skink exposed to an attack by my blitzer. Problem I then had was getting a move 5 player into his end zone from my side of the pitch. I worked out I'd need 2 GFIs per turn if he left me unmolested. Again, some good rolling for me and bad for him pretty much left a straight play. I kept his team mostly marked up and away from the ball. Unfortunately it came crashing down on a failed GFI. A skink broke free, grabbed the ball, passed to another skink and suddenly the ball is back in my half. A failed block later from me and he scores in his turn 8.

Second half, things still look ok. Again, I seem to be mostly out bashing a stronger team despite the skill advantage, due to some good luck. My thrower is forced to run along the side, but he has a mini cage and gets most of the way down the pitch. My wizard takes out a lose Saurus with a lightning bolt and I'm feeling pretty good about scoring. My 0 spp gobbo gets killed, but I knock out 4 or 5 of his players in 1 turn. Then my luck changes, this lets him get his team to a much stronger position around my ball carrier and I lose the ball in turn 15. 1 turn to go, he surrounds the ball skilfully leaving me no chance of scoring at all.

2 chances of scroing, both defeated and one converted into a lizard TD. Close game, very pleased with it despite the outcome. Black Orc gets MVP, need to buy a new gobbo.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 02:15:07 AM by swiftblade »

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 08:24:11 AM

The Ex-Presidents have never played the F13 Catfighters, but according to the hall of fame we have some of the oldest, most experienced players in Hordes.  It should be a really fun match.  And likely very bloody.

When are you available, Comstar?  I am -5GMT so I know there's quite a time difference.  I'm usually available during my evenings on the weekends or any time on my weekends.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 12:56:11 PM

I'm down 2 star players since my lats Pyrrhic victory so the TV difference is 240 instead of a -50 difference it would normally be.  My hours are odd this week- if you see me on Steam give a yell.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 02:33:14 PM

Looks like I will be playing on the last day or two this week, sorry everyone!
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 06:32:55 PM

Whalers lose 0-1 to Nifty Helmets.  The Helmets kicked to begin and lucked out with the ball landing right in front of their big scary defensive line, which the Whalers had cleverly kept away from.  Whoops.   Then it was a long slow grind to the end for their first score, right at the halftime buzzer.

All the KOed humans woke up, and the Whalers were back in action and  fully present on the field (well, minus the idiot ogre who failed approximately a million Bonehead rolls), but unfortunately now THEY had to kick off and it was another long slow grind for the Helmets.  This half, however, humans started to get injured at a rather alarming rate.  They rallied for a last stand at the goal line, and the goat-ball-carrier tried to Leap over the wall of humans, but fell on his horned head.  A human catcher scurried over and snatched it up, but juuuust couldn't quite score, so the game ended with a Chaos Victory!
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 06:59:56 PM

Now that the regular season is over and it can't help their record, the Nifty Helmets played a strong game against proudft's Wissenland's Whalers, winning 1-0.

From the kick-off, luck just wasn't in the Whaler's favor. The unusual reliability of the minotaur compared to the bone-head-prone Ogre allowed the chaos team (6 players with ST4+, everyone else with horns) to repeatedly bash the ST3 humans, and move slow but steadily towards scoring.

Putting leap on a AG3 goat may not have been the best idea in the world, but it only prevented the helmets from scoring once...

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 06:29:42 AM

I've been trying to catch Ruvaldt on Steam for a week and failed. Please reply to my PM so we can work out a time- I can play any time this Sunday.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 08:18:48 AM

Yep!  Just got your pm.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 01:40:19 PM

Comstar!  Where are you?  Have you been abducted by dingos?  Hop on your kangaroo and get to your computer so you can take your beating like a man.

Edit: Upon further consideration of your private message, it appears ams and pms were not adequately converted in our planning!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 02:05:49 PM by Ruvaldt »

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 03:32:01 PM

Presidents 2 - 1 Catfighters

Comstar scored on his second turn as I was completely unable to put up resistance against his opening drive.  Not much of note happened apart from the score.  I received the ball and we got a pitch invasion; both of my kick-off receivers in my backfield were knocked down, which scared me a bit, but I think Comstar ended up with more people on the ground.  After a few rounds I started a drive but endured a fireball from Comstar's wizard and as a result Thomas Jefferson was brutally assassinated.  I decided to let him die because he was overvalued and had a ton of lingering injuries/gets injured every match.  I ended up scoring on my eighth round with a player advantage going into the second half.

Comstar got a blitz on his kick-off to me, but the ball landed off field and I handed it off to Abe Lincoln, my +STR blodging Chaos Warrior because he was one TD from a level.  I trundled up the field and scored on my 16th turn, but Comstar received remarkably few injuries.  Mostly it was kos and such. 

Abe Lincoln goes up a level and I have a decision to make: tentacles or mighty blow.

The gritty details:

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 06:04:02 AM

Back online as of right now, till about midnight UK time. Avaia, ping me on steam if you can play.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 06:21:09 AM

Back online as of right now, till about midnight UK time. Avaia, ping me on steam if you can play.

Not likely available until around 15:00 my time.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 06:47:31 AM

Assuming still 6 hours difference  that sounds perfect.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 01:12:15 PM

Fighting off DDoS right now, not sure when I'm available  ACK!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 02:30:49 PM

Looks like we're not going to be able to do tonight Avaia has work nightmares and I'm too jetlagged to stay up much longer.

Unless Iain gets tired of waiting we will be trying again same time tomorrow.

I think we're also waiting on 7 Deadly vs the Explorers?

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 06:33:59 PM

Well shit, today sneaked up fast. Trying to contact Bann now.

edit: Bann and I will play for sure at 6PM CDT tomorrow if you guys are okay with extending the round for one day.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:47:36 PM by ezrast »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 11:13:41 AM

Online again and ready whenever you are avaia, ping me on steam whenever.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 01:45:20 PM

Vermin  - 1
Bleating - 2

Weird game in that nuffle dominated by letting nothing unusual happen.

Vermin bullshit went nowhere, but equally the Nurglers couldn't do too much damage, one Stormvermin with a broken collarbone the only serious injury.

One quick score for the rats on turn 1, then two long drives and turn 8/16 scores for bleating, Cheddar Persille did not come on for turn 16, and the rats didn't have the manpower to score without him.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 01:51:43 PM

First turn went exactly as expected, and sort of how I hoped - no injuries to me.  After that I spent the rest of the game pounding on some rats without too much damage, but enough KOs to keep control.  A couple of timely stomps ensured limited GR bullshit.

Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 05:37:12 PM

I'm conceding our match. I made little effort this week to get with ezrast, and now the day is overdue and I'm busy again. Please accept my forfeit.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 06:06:27 PM

Ok, default 2-0 win given to Ezrast and day advanced. New thread up imminently.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 8 Hordes Division Only  
Jump to: