Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:48:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Pre-load 5.0.4 Live 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pre-load 5.0.4 Live  (Read 53372 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #140 on: September 18, 2012, 08:07:16 AM

The scenario was utterly boring and pedestrian.  It also required a 30 minute wait and dropped no loot for me.

I'm not even sure what the point of it was, really.

1) LOLore infusion
2) A return to the pub-stomp that WOTLK dungeons were - As requested.  Roll through, chance at loot, roll again.

The wait is the headscratching part. Despite not needing Tank/Heal/DPS the one I ran had all 3.   Maybe it's the scenario servers being too damn full?   I'm tempted to queue as a healer spec and see if the wait goes down.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: September 18, 2012, 08:09:13 AM

Speaking of shortages... what's up with the bribe bags (satchel of exotic mysteries) you used to get as a healer/tank when queuing for roics? When I returned to WOW several times in cata, I swear I haven't seen them pop up once. Are people gaming the system somehow or are there really so many tanks/healers that the dps queue problem for heroics has dissipated?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #142 on: September 18, 2012, 08:16:34 AM

Speaking of shortages... what's up with the bribe bags (satchel of exotic mysteries) you used to get as a healer/tank when queuing for roics? When I returned to WOW several times in cata, I swear I haven't seen them pop up once. Are people gaming the system somehow or are there really so many tanks/healers that the dps queue problem for heroics has dissipated?

The queue problem hasn't dissipated for DPS but I'm fairly certain they raised the threshold on when the bags pop.  They never pop in the evenings anymore when I'm online; only during the early morning on weekends.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #143 on: September 18, 2012, 08:28:30 AM

Tanks like to sleep in.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: September 18, 2012, 08:35:24 AM

Actually, I have to weigh in on the queue times for dps. I have two tanks, and a healer, and four dps at 85. DPS queues used to be as long as 45 minutes, I almost always get in within 10 minutes now when playing my dps. Tank queues are always instant, and healer queues are almost always instant or if not right around the three minute mark.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: September 18, 2012, 09:01:24 AM

I have seen the rewards recently.  I think it's only triggered when there's a real shortage of DPS waiting.

I usually switch just for the sake of it.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: September 18, 2012, 09:27:52 AM

I don't understand the queue times myself.  You just need three people that now how to kill things.  You don't need a tank or healer (though they do make things SIGNIFICANTLY easier).  Even when I was partnered with one guildie last night, we were in the queue for a good 10 minutes without getting a hit.

I ran it on a few chars last night and the wait was never longer than 30 seconds regardless of what I was playing (ran it on healer/dps/dps/dps). Maybe certain battlegroups share a limited server pool for scenarios.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: September 18, 2012, 06:54:39 PM

queue was 43 minutes on Zul'jin US tonight.  I didn't wait.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #148 on: September 18, 2012, 08:18:53 PM

The queue problem hasn't dissipated for DPS but I'm fairly certain they raised the threshold on when the bags pop.  They never pop in the evenings anymore when I'm online; only during the early morning on weekends.

Shy of that +STA trinket from Benedictus, there's nothing my tank needs from any heroics now. I'm also sitting on 4k Valor, so aside from the occasional run I'll do to try for the trinket "just because" (once a week or less at this point) there's no point. I also hate herding fuckwits and sheep, so there's also that.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: September 18, 2012, 08:19:58 PM

My queue estimate tonight was 57 minutes. Spoiler: the Theramore scenario is not worth waiting in a 57 minute queue.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #150 on: September 18, 2012, 08:21:15 PM

I really don't understand why they didn't steal the best thing about LOTRO skirmishes for this - that they scale down to solo.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #151 on: September 18, 2012, 10:45:22 PM

We should really do a Battletag thing for the WoW forum now, similar to the D3 one. I'd be happy to play with/tank for most of you guys as opposed to randoms. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one, either. By Battletag is in the D3 forum, just mention that you're an F13 person since I refuse spam invites.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #152 on: September 19, 2012, 02:14:03 AM

My queue estimate tonight was 57 minutes. Spoiler: the Theramore scenario is not worth waiting in a 57 minute queue.
Something has to be fucked up with the queuing.  My wait on Alleria was only 5 minutes at 7:30 EDT.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: September 19, 2012, 03:58:22 AM

We should really do a Battletag thing for the WoW forum now, similar to the D3 one. I'd be happy to play with/tank for most of you guys as opposed to randoms. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one, either. By Battletag is in the D3 forum, just mention that you're an F13 person since I refuse spam invites.

I tried.  Responses are few and far between.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: September 19, 2012, 04:17:32 AM

Looks like they hotfixed the NPCs in the scenario to have more health.  Soon as I get pass these 30+min queues I'll try it again  awesome, for real

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: September 19, 2012, 11:29:09 AM

One of the minibosses in the scenario is called Grunk.

Just putting that out there.  awesome, for real

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: September 19, 2012, 11:33:48 AM

One of the minibosses in the scenario is called Grunk.

Just putting that out there.  awesome, for real

Today is a great day.  Does he have any dialogue?

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: September 19, 2012, 12:36:25 PM

Nah, he is one of the captains (the orc one - rightmost dock). His name seems to be somewhat random, I got some other dude when I played the scenario again.

Still... GRUNK LIVES ON!!111

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #158 on: September 19, 2012, 03:58:01 PM

I tried.  Responses are few and far between.

Missed that. I'll add mine when I get home from work.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Pre-load 5.0.4 Live  
Jump to: