Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:48:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Minethings 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Minethings  (Read 92871 times)
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: December 05, 2014, 09:31:41 PM

My robot has a green hat.

Why don't you try our other games?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #211 on: December 05, 2014, 10:03:32 PM

Want to buy an orange lantern to go with it?  I'm only asking 68k for it.  :D

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #212 on: December 12, 2014, 11:27:39 AM

Holy Christ, I just got a recruitment bonus because somebody bought credits.  I assume grebo.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Thanks!

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: December 12, 2014, 11:35:43 AM

That was me. It's a fun little game so I felt like supporting them by purchasing a small credit pack.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 11:37:34 AM by Pennilenko »

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #214 on: December 12, 2014, 11:37:48 AM

It's always the quiet ones.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: December 12, 2014, 11:46:33 AM

The real appeal for me is that I can check on it a couple times a day, with no pressure to really be super active. I'm not very far progression wise though, and I made the mistake of moving without reading the entire consequence section for moving, now i have four days before i can move back and redo the melds I had. Other than that it is good for wasting some time.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: December 13, 2014, 06:04:40 PM

P2W makes me feel like a dirty dirty cheater who can't play the right way.  Too bad I'm such a minority.

I don't even have all the green yet.  I did make 10 melds today tho.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #217 on: December 14, 2014, 05:50:53 PM

Yeah, I've resisted the urge to buy mines with credits, preferring to spend years slowly AFK-grinding my way up.  I'm pretty sure the top players all P2W but I don't see what the point of the game is if you have an infinite money spigot.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: December 14, 2014, 06:43:27 PM

I thought the point was to buy some currency if you wanted to support the developers.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #219 on: December 14, 2014, 07:19:00 PM

I'd be much more inclined to buy credits to get cosmetic stuff; I just don't like buying a game advantage.  Although I did cave and buy a storage thing at one point because after months of waiting with the top bid out I still couldn't buy one with gold.  undecided

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: December 16, 2014, 02:16:14 PM

Yea that's what I meant too.. If the game is the grind, why would you skip it?  Why play at all at that point?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #221 on: February 11, 2015, 10:56:02 PM

I've had this thing on the market for quite a while and didn't think it would ever sell at that price point.

You sold Legendary Light(s)

invictus12 bought 1 Legendary Light(s) for 68,000g in Franco Thistle.

What DO?   ACK!

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: February 11, 2015, 11:02:37 PM

Whats a good mine to move to beyond the starter?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #223 on: February 11, 2015, 11:11:36 PM

Depends on the server, but generally, the first one you can afford.  In my case after I had 3 starter mines my first upgrade was a music mine (on Calbuco) since that's the next cheapest.  After that it was weapons.

I think my recent windfall is going to go into a ship mine.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: February 11, 2015, 11:14:50 PM

Im on calbuco and running three starters pumping out gold. As I understand it you can only work three mines total? So I would have to sell a starter?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #225 on: February 11, 2015, 11:29:10 PM

Yep.  You can own more than three, but you can't work them all (technically there is a gadget that lets you work a fourth mine temporarily).

What I did when I was moving up was sell a starter mine once I was at the point where the money from that sale would be enough to get me the next mine up.  The sooner you can start mining stuff that'll actually be worth something, the better.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #226 on: March 17, 2015, 04:59:47 PM

Holy shit, I haven't logged in for a while and just found a stack of these in my messages:

PvP Reward: M-80

Congratulations! You are one of the top 1-10 players in the green-blue land and were rewarded a M-80 in your home city.

PvP Reward: Dynamite

Congratulations! You are one of the top 1-10 players in the red-orange land and were rewarded a Dynamite in your home city.

Turns out my small handful of skirmishes as a trader have put me at #6 for red-orange and #8 for green-blue, so until Japhet rethinks this scheme I'll be getting free explosives every day.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS 

I continue to be delighted with the way this game rewards my extremely sporadic attention.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 05:11:08 PM by Samwise »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Minethings  
Jump to: