Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:04:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Minethings 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Minethings  (Read 92847 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: June 09, 2014, 11:16:34 AM

I suspect if you uncover more of the map, you'll realise why.

This is pretty much a Waterworld.

That said, I'll see if I can source you some tonight.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: June 09, 2014, 11:18:35 AM

Got some.  Throw up some 1g bids and you can have a fleet of five.  That'll make it easy for you to purchase a shiteload at Icebirch.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #177 on: June 09, 2014, 11:26:19 AM

I suspect if you uncover more of the map, you'll realise why.

This is pretty much a Waterworld.

Well, that confirms my suspicion that you have to ship the vehicles around by water.  But I would have figured the vehicle mine would be on the same continent as newbtown.  Iiiinteresting.

Guess I have to go ahead and get 10 melds so I can merchant.  Oy.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: June 09, 2014, 11:40:20 AM

Yeah, but it says you have to damage your vehicles to ship them around on boats.

How the fuck do you do that ??

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #179 on: June 09, 2014, 11:45:58 AM

Whoa, really?  That's weiiiird.  Things get damaged through combat, or they get found that way as bonuses when using an upgraded mining robot (an MR finds damaged items in addition to the normal item finds).

Seems like that can't be right though, because then there wouldn't be ANY yellow vehicles on the other side of the water.  You can't repair yellows or greens.  I think.  And repairing is expensive -- it costs 1 ore plus labor.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: June 09, 2014, 12:52:45 PM

Dude you're the expert, I'm just reading the forums.

There doesn't seem to be any way to get these vehicles on these boats, so I'll wait till I've shipped and then quickly switch Profession to get em to you.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #181 on: June 09, 2014, 01:14:35 PM

Okay, I researched on the wiki -- I'd thought the vehicle mine was on the other island, but it's not.  Now it makes more sense.

I'd imagine if you check the vehicle markets on the other side of the water, you'll find no yellows or greens.  But if there are yellows and greens over there then I have no idea how this thing works.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: June 09, 2014, 01:37:35 PM

I have bought you rickshaws.  They're coming.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #183 on: June 09, 2014, 03:08:38 PM

Heart

Back on Calbuco, I have finally finished constructing my sweatshop.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Going to spend a little time as trader and then pilot to use up all the stuff I've mined in the past two weeks, then back to manufacturer so I can start making stuff.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: June 10, 2014, 12:22:59 PM

And you're the talk of the town because you found a crane ?

I see them all the time in town.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #185 on: June 10, 2014, 12:48:07 PM

My first orange find ever!  I think the machines mines produce "rare" finds much more frequently; I've had several red finds, a purple, and now an orange in the time I've had one.  That crane is a fucking asshole, too -- it steals completed oil barrels off other peoples' pads within a certain radius.  I'm gonna save that one for next time my archnemesis deploys a really expensive pad setup.   why so serious?

I just now switched back to pilot and dropped I don't know how many machines.  All the ones in red.

My workers are going to be exceedingly well-lubricated.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: June 10, 2014, 01:16:13 PM

About 2 hours from now the rickshaw convey should hit.  It took fucking ages for my boats to offload the remote controls.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: June 11, 2014, 01:56:59 AM

Right, they should see you rollin now.  Be warned, there may be hatin.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #188 on: June 11, 2014, 08:29:44 AM

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #189 on: June 12, 2014, 09:42:35 AM

Looks like bolts/music in one direction and equipment in the other is the thing to do as a yellow-level trader.  Simpler than on Cal since the vehicle/mod mines are in the same place.  Let's see how long it takes me to squeeze those markets dry.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #190 on: June 13, 2014, 11:34:41 AM

I just now switched back to pilot and dropped I don't know how many machines.  All the ones in red.

My workers are going to be exceedingly well-lubricated.

So for reference, most of those machines were yellows (so it's not like I was burning a bunch of rare finds) and I've gotten around 60 barrels of oil in a few days of piloting work (the handful of greens I dropped are just about to expire now). The oil is easy to move (barrels can be carried by any profession AND they grant a speed buff when carried) and they'll sell for 100g+ easily.

Piloting is lucrative.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: June 13, 2014, 12:44:41 PM

Well, sure, but I would guess by the time you get there, you're already rich, so what the fuck, right ?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #192 on: June 13, 2014, 01:23:02 PM

It's just like real life!  I'm not so rich that 6k gold is nothing, though, let me tell you.  Creating jobs ain't cheap.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #193 on: June 13, 2014, 02:01:51 PM

Oshit:

A stowaway dwarf was seen leaving Franco Thistle towards Danchesser on Spamwise's Roadster.

At least there wasn't anything too valuable on that shipment.  I expect GloryX will be along to fuck me in the ear soon.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: June 13, 2014, 03:06:01 PM

saw that.  you're fucked.

Ha, you got away with it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 11:38:29 PM by Ironwood »

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #195 on: June 14, 2014, 07:46:46 PM

Green dwarfs are less exciting, I guess.  And roadsters are hard to catch.

Didn't do me any good though, the dwarf only stays and mines for you if you stole him fair and square.

I've got my sweatshop churning away at a new mining bot now...

(ed) And on Bromo I've gotten my 10th meld and have sent a pair of rafts off to explore the world.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 12:04:20 PM by Samwise »

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: June 17, 2014, 08:57:22 AM

Douchebag is attacking my chopper.  I think I'm about to lose 200g.

Cunts.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #197 on: June 20, 2014, 04:21:19 PM

Okay, not a lot of money to be made on Bromo moving yellows around on noob island.  Just aren't enough people in need of yellow gear/melds.  Bolts do a little bit of business but that's it.  My new plan is to move yellow explosives from Ore Valley to Icebirch now that I have enough melds to row a canoe.

Got me a red AND a purple equipment find on Cal in the same day.  The new mining bot I'm making (less than a day to go now) is going to be very sharply dressed.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #198 on: June 23, 2014, 05:03:56 PM

Look at that dapper as fuck MR-07.

I think he's a lemon, though.  Not a single bonus find yet in two days.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: June 24, 2014, 01:21:53 AM

You interested in a couple of Ore Crates ?  I snapped them up at a low, low price only to realize I can't ship them anywhere, thereby rendering me incompo-fucked.

Let me know.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #200 on: June 24, 2014, 10:40:37 AM

If they're in Massua I can't ship 'em either.  Haven't gotten to the point yet where I can afford to buy red ships and risk having them sunk every time they move.

If they're in Franco, though, gimme gimme gimme.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: June 24, 2014, 10:57:53 AM

Aha.  They're on the Bromo Server.

Guess we're both fucked.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #202 on: June 24, 2014, 11:04:36 AM

I'll trade you some pet snakes for them!

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: June 24, 2014, 12:26:50 PM

I'd take that deal.  Can't believe I can't ship them anywhere.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #204 on: June 24, 2014, 01:10:20 PM

Ore is big business.  Even on Cal and even on land I'm hesitant to try moving it myself, since it's at that red+ tier where every time it leaves a town all the pirates are informed via the home page so they can race each other to steal it from you.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #205 on: July 03, 2014, 11:55:22 AM

So in about two weeks my MR-07 has found me a damaged blue cart (not worth the expense of repairing it) and a damaged red pickaxe (much more worthwhile).  Not bad. 

I have a pretty good incentive now to up my meld count since I can make better MRs if I have more melds -- unfortunately once you've got all the green melds it gets very expensive very quickly to acquire more.   ACK!

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #206 on: July 23, 2014, 08:37:47 AM

Nobody is selling stagecoaches on Bromo.  No listings, no sales in weeks, nothing.  I'm sitting on an inventory full of mods with nothing to bolt them to.   ACK!

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #207 on: September 09, 2014, 11:21:42 AM

I got a compliment on my impressive pipe-laying skills.

why so serious?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #208 on: November 03, 2014, 03:11:05 PM

Have discovered that if a caravel (the toughest blue ship) and a pinnace (the fastest blue ship) have a cannon battle and the caravel is fully loaded with cannonballs, the outcome is usually a sunk pinnace.

A merchant's pinnace will outrun a pirate's caravel, so pirates of course tend to use pinnaces... and since targeting is done based on color, a pirate can't target merchant pinnaces without also targeting caravels.

The use I am making of this information: I have a fully loaded caravel that I send ahead of my merchant fleet of pinnaces.  If someone wants to try to pillage my fleet, they're going to tangle with that caravel first, which probably means they're losing a 400g ship plus whatever weapons/oil it had on board.

It cost me a shitton to get that caravel outfitted (11 cannon in the neighborhood of 500g each), but the payoff so far after one merchant voyage is one sunk pirate ship.  

This pleases me greatly.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: December 01, 2014, 08:33:22 PM

Oh look at this game in here.  This looks really great.  I am building a robot.

Why don't you try our other games?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Minethings  
Jump to: