Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:07:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Bat Country remade on Ebon Hawk-Imperial 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country remade on Ebon Hawk-Imperial  (Read 44479 times)
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 17, 2012, 03:09:57 PM

I could see doing it if you're really diligent about stuffing whoever you maxxed into your ship and never letting them out again. For example, I gave absolutely no shits about what Kira thought but had her affection really high on mostly conversations (I didn't want to start feeding her gifts until the people who got the max plus out of what she liked were finished off) because we happened to agree on almost everything.

Still, gifts are so easy to come by, I don't really see the point unless you really, really want to see if you can.

The later companions ARE a lot easier if you're careful about your conversations, simply because they get so much more affection per ping (although they also lose more).

Well right now my agent is 47ish and has max diplomacy, but the gifts from that are random and like I said Kaliyo is a hassle. I was just stunned that someone said they didn't use gifts at all. It made me think I wasted several thousands of credits I didn't have to spend.

Slightly OT but I'm disappointed that only one of my companions have given me missions so far, and the romance was pretty lame. Is it like this for all classes or just (female) agents?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #36 on: August 17, 2012, 03:11:24 PM

Only one companion per class gives actual missions. You can see they were planning more from how some of the others work, clearly something that got cut for time. Maybe F2P will re-fund it.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 17, 2012, 03:18:32 PM

Slightly OT but I'm disappointed that only one of my companions have given me missions so far, and the romance was pretty lame. Is it like this for all classes or just (female) agents?

Female Agents have the worst romance of any of them that I've done so far.  Yes, even worse than Corso.  Vector is interesting enough as a character, but not as a romance.  He's a fucking bug-boy for fucks sake.  There should have been some semi-rival James Bond dude for Agents to romance, not The Human Bee.

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #38 on: August 17, 2012, 04:07:59 PM

Nothing is worse than Corso. Nothing. Vector may be a bug man, but at least he doesn't pull white knighting, puts-you-on-a-pedestal, does-not-give-one-tiny-shit-about-anything-you-actually-say-that-might-conflict-with-his-fantasy-of-you bullshit. Honestly half my issue with Vector's romance is less him and more the Imperial Agent herself. I like LadyHawke, but some of the lines she gets are horrible.

My dude agent didn't romance anyone. He actually had the best chemistry with Vector. :P

I'm still scratching my head about ladies who soak their panties for Quinn. He is so boring.

God Save the Horn Players
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 17, 2012, 04:25:42 PM

My Guy Agent probably won't bother trying to romance any companions. He and Kaliyo are so diametrically opposed that it's a genuine effort to keep her out of the hatred zone. I really don't get why she was chosen to be the first Agent companion; she pretty much goes against everything even remotely agent-y you do. I know nothing about the other female companion - I don't think I've ever seen anyone use her. Fembot, on the other hand...

Also, I was completely confused about Sjofn and Nevermore calling Vector a 'bugboy'. Then I looked him up. OHhh. I wonder if he's the same guy you 'save' as a Republic player...?

I want to play a Cathar Scoundrel so bad. But I'm wondering just how hard it would be to do it without Corso till Bowdaar turns up...

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 17, 2012, 04:30:07 PM

Nothing is worse than Corso. Nothing. Vector may be a bug man, but at least he doesn't pull white knighting, puts-you-on-a-pedestal, does-not-give-one-tiny-shit-about-anything-you-actually-say-that-might-conflict-with-his-fantasy-of-you bullshit. Honestly half my issue with Vector's romance is less him and more the Imperial Agent herself. I like LadyHawke, but some of the lines she gets are horrible.

My dude agent didn't romance anyone. He actually had the best chemistry with Vector. :P

I'm still scratching my head about ladies who soak their panties for Quinn. He is so boring.

Well, the problem with all the female romances is they all seem to be written by men and thus suck.  Boring is actually a step up from Corso or Vector.  Honestly, where's all the dashing/charming dudes to romance?  Doc is the closest one I can think of off-hand.  Andronikos should be since he's an actual fucking pirate for heaven's sake, but I've heard he turns out to be pretty dull too.  I swear I'd rather just screw Risha, Akaavi or even Kaliyo over the lame dudes.  At least there'd be some fireworks with them.

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 17, 2012, 04:34:09 PM

Corso was actually written by a woman. Ponder that!

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: August 17, 2012, 04:35:11 PM

My Guy Agent probably won't bother trying to romance any companions. He and Kaliyo are so diametrically opposed that it's a genuine effort to keep her out of the hatred zone. I really don't get why she was chosen to be the first Agent companion; she pretty much goes against everything even remotely agent-y you do. I know nothing about the other female companion - I don't think I've ever seen anyone use her. Fembot, on the other hand...

I kinda like Temple as a character but I don't understand the point of her as a companion (i.e. not a healer or tank). Maybe I just need to get her geared up so she can dps to victory. right now she just dies a lot if she gets agro.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 17, 2012, 04:35:29 PM

Corso was actually written by a woman. Ponder that!

Yeah well, so was the Twilight series.  awesome, for real

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #44 on: August 17, 2012, 04:50:26 PM

I kinda like Temple as a character but I don't understand the point of her as a companion (i.e. not a healer or tank). Maybe I just need to get her geared up so she can dps to victory. right now she just dies a lot if she gets agro.

I would've used her more on my operative, except I hated her, so I stuck with Vector for the mostpart. Dr. Lokin was the one I ignored completely in a "bringing him around with me" sense.

And Matt, as irritating as Corso is, he's a) only sort of irritating if you're a dude and b) worth putting up with until you get Bowdaar. Hell, you know how much I hate Corso, and I stuck with him as my companion until I got Risha (I love Risha).

Doc is the only dashing romance dude I can think of, yeah. Quinn is a boring ass kisser, I don't know about Torian Bieber, Andronikos is a walking yawn, Vector is a bug man, which doesn't bother me but obviously bothers other people, and Corso is an abomination before the Lord. Aric seems like he could be fun, if he weren't a fugly catman (he has a hot voice, though, I will probably make a fugly catwoman to make out with him eventually). Lt. Boyfriend really isn't a bad dude either, it's just he's stuck being completely in love with a girl who has the personality of a wet paper bag (plus he has Hoth Syndrome ... you have to be something special to overcome the Hoth-or-later-acquisition issue. Like Talos. <3).

For the ladies, bearing in mind I am a straight woman: Ensign Temple is crazy, Kaliyo is a different sort of crazy (I like her, though), Elara Dorne is a bit boring (but is a good female character anyway), Risha is pure love, Akaavi is an amazon goddess version of Batman, Kira is annoying, Mako needs to eat a sandwich and also makes me feel like she's my little sister instead of a romance option, Nadia is also in the Little Sister zone, Jaesa is a REALLY crazy bitch, Vette is YET ANOTHER LITTLE SISTER, and I forgot the SI love interest's name so that's probably saying something, but she was OK for a light side dude (she also sounds 12, though).

EDIT: The woman who wrote the Corso romance actually wrote a Bioware romance I really liked (Anders in DA2). It was also extremely unhealthy, though. Just in a way I enjoyed instead of HOLY SHIT WHO WOULD ACTUALLY FIND THIS APPEALING.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 17, 2012, 05:43:15 PM

For the ladies, bearing in mind I am a straight woman: Ensign Temple is crazy, Kaliyo is a different sort of crazy (I like her, though), Elara Dorne is a bit boring (but is a good female character anyway), Risha is pure love, Akaavi is an amazon goddess version of Batman, Kira is annoying, Mako needs to eat a sandwich and also makes me feel like she's my little sister instead of a romance option, Nadia is also in the Little Sister zone, Jaesa is a REALLY crazy bitch, Vette is YET ANOTHER LITTLE SISTER, and I forgot the SI love interest's name so that's probably saying something, but she was OK for a light side dude (she also sounds 12, though).

That's pretty much exactly how I see them too, but what's interesting is the ACs with the least appealing dudes have the only appealing women.

Over and out.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 17, 2012, 06:00:18 PM

And Matt, as irritating as Corso is, he's a) only sort of irritating if you're a dude and b) worth putting up with until you get Bowdaar. Hell, you know how much I hate Corso, and I stuck with him as my companion until I got Risha (I love Risha).

Sadly, my Cathar to-be will be a lady. Well, not much of a lady, in all honesty, but that's the Smuggler Storyline for you!  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
So I'm stuck with Corso. On the other hand, I do have an 'Infected Corso' mod waiting for him so I can turn him into the dribbling, dead-eyed moron he's written as. It's just a shame I can't changed everything he says into a Saints Row III style zombie voice to go along with it.

Elara Dorne actually grows on you. It's surprising when she does but I think that's some genuinely decent character progression. Kira becomes less problematic when it turns out she's not really your Padawan and she's actually a hell of a lot spoonier than you. I  totally crush on Akaavi even though she'd totally crush me. Fuckin' Batwoman. I agree with Mako coming across as a bit little sister-ish, but besides Doc I'd say she was the first companion I encountered who I'd actually believe was my friend.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: August 17, 2012, 06:01:10 PM

Kira is not unappealing at all, IMO. I mean, she's not ~ Heart Risha Heart~ but who is?

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 17, 2012, 06:06:11 PM

Dorne really suffers from not having companion quests. Every time a bombshell drops around her, its resolved in a fade to black 3 seconds later. Jorgan is fun to tease, but is apparently the least attractive catman in existence.

Both Temple and Kaliyo WOULD be fun romances, except they are both psychotic in different ways. Every Agent companion is mentally deranged in some way, it's a running theme for the class. Vector is polite and loyal and takes you to bug orgies. The romance is weird in that you aren't just shacking up with Vector, rather his entire hive-mind collective there.

My problem with the Mako romance isn't Mako, it's 'me'. Bounty Hunters are just enormous douche-nozzles 90% of the time.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 17, 2012, 06:30:42 PM

Yeah, the first companion I really gave presents to was the warbot, and I thought his fade-to-black stuff was comedy gold, specific to him.  It was a little annoying to find out that everyone-but-your-first-one for each class does that.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #50 on: August 17, 2012, 07:30:31 PM

Elara Dorne actually grows on you. It's surprising when she does but I think that's some genuinely decent character progression. Kira becomes less problematic when it turns out she's not really your Padawan and she's actually a hell of a lot spoonier than you. I  totally crush on Akaavi even though she'd totally crush me. Fuckin' Batwoman. I agree with Mako coming across as a bit little sister-ish, but besides Doc I'd say she was the first companion I encountered who I'd actually believe was my friend.

I liked Dorne well enough, and thought she was well written. But ... still a bit dull. To be fair, except for Mr. Warbot, everything about the trooper storyline was a bit dull for me. :P Plus Dorne gets a bit shmoopy towards the end, and I have a sappiness allergy (in other words, it's not her, it's me).

I do like Mako more than I expected to, and you're right, she does seem like she'd totally be your friend for real, but everything about her screams HELLO I AM YOUR SCAMP OF A LITTLE SISTER to me. I had this issue with Tali in Mass Effect too, mind you. I think a lot of it has to do with being straight. :P

Totally gay for Risha though. I can't totally explain why, but I think she is super great.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: August 18, 2012, 10:02:56 PM

Vette is YET ANOTHER LITTLE SISTER

I only played a SW up to like 9 in the beta but she seemed fairly compelling to me.  I'm out of slots but I see almost as much praise for that romance as for Risha.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #52 on: August 18, 2012, 10:18:11 PM

I plan to romance her eventually when I make a dude SW (hopefully it'll be on Ebon Hawke, so I can make him a twi'lek too), but she sets of my Tali alarm, which is to say, I like her a lot, but Not That Way. It isn't entire a straight girl thing either, as Garrus has been friendzoned for ages. I love Garrus. But as a friend. :P

But it's mostly a straight girl thing, I suspect.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 19, 2012, 05:55:34 AM

Vette is definite LITTLE SISTER territory.  To her credit, I ended up liking her a lot, when Mission Vao had me wanting to space her.  (Same voice actress.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #54 on: August 19, 2012, 02:47:46 PM

Vindication!  why so serious?

And yes, so far I like Vette a lot better than Mission. :P

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: August 19, 2012, 03:21:58 PM

Vette is the snotty little sister, Nadia is the total hero worship little sister.

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #56 on: August 19, 2012, 03:35:48 PM

Which makes the fact you can romance Nadia even creepier if you ask me. If/when I make a dude consular, he will not be going down that road, I tell you what.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: August 19, 2012, 03:56:26 PM

I pretty sure I'm already on record saying that the Nadia romance has to be the creepiest one in the game for that reason.  At least Kira comes across as an adult.  Mako seems awfully close to the line too (if not over it), but you know Vette is totally that slutty high school girl.

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #58 on: August 19, 2012, 04:00:42 PM

I at least believe that if nothing else, Mako is streetwise. Nadia doesn't even have that going for her. She's adorable and I really like her, mind you, but romancing her? Yick.

Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #59 on: January 30, 2013, 10:38:12 AM

Well whaddayaknow. I actually started up on Ebon Hawk. Main is Dominorak, Sith Sorcerer.

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: January 30, 2013, 11:40:27 AM

I'll try to invite you if I notice you online (assuming you want an invite to the tiny guild.) Are you still on Korean time?

Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #61 on: January 30, 2013, 02:18:50 PM

Invite would be cool. No, I'm on EST.

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: January 30, 2013, 03:09:46 PM

Someone needs to write an essay explaining the phenotypes of female companions.

I had Vette down as SASSY! GIRL! SIDEKICK! but now apparently that's all wrong.

How are we supposed to refer to Risha or Jaesa?

Are all female companion phenotypes spelled in all caps?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: January 30, 2013, 03:26:41 PM

Vette is Mission, right down to having the same voice actress.

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: January 30, 2013, 03:29:01 PM

Uh, with the minor exception of being an adult, not a child.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: January 30, 2013, 03:31:15 PM

She still seems pretty immature to me.  Not quite Nadia Grell, but still pretty young.

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #66 on: January 30, 2013, 03:46:13 PM

Kira is the one I'd always call a Sassy! Girl! Sidekick!, although I could see classifying Vette as the same, although she is more Sassy! Little! Sister! if you're a chick sith warrior. However, now that I've done Vette's romance for reals, I am happy to report that they manage to lose the little sister vibe completely if you're going after her as your snugglebunny, for which I was grateful.

Risha is simply Pure Love. She's sassy, but not the lame pretend-spunky-but-actually-a-doormat sort like Kira comes across to me as, and she is ~wonderful~.

You know what I think it might be? Kira strikes me as super clingy, even when you're just her lady friend. When you're a woman, she's nasty to Doc is a way that makes her seem like she's mad he's intruding on the sisterhood (she has a much better reason to be mean if you're a dude, because Doc hits on her and I am totally down with her not wanting to be sexually harrassed!). She seems to really, really yearn for your approval. And that clinginess completely undermines all the other shit Kira tries to present herself as, and in the end it makes her "spunk" seem like empty, toothless bluster, which makes it annoying rather than amusing. She feels like a hanger-on, rather than a friend or partner. This MAY be solved if you're romancing her, but I don't know if I'll ever find out, because I love the Doc romance too much to waste a JK slot on a dude one. :P

Risha, on the other hand, does not give too much of a fuck about what you think. It helps, of course, that she's talking to a smuggler instead of a Jedi, so it's Snarkfest 5000 in every conversation anyway. She'll stand up for herself, you see a better example of her being her own woman than you get with Kira (or Vette, although Vette is excused on the grounds of her backstory), and she feels like my friend, rather than a clingy broad who needs me to validate her and her life choices.

fake edit: Vette is young, but in the romance at least, she doesn't come across as immature to me. Also, I remember finding Mission really annoying. I actually like Vette. :P

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: January 30, 2013, 07:06:32 PM

fake edit: Vette is young, but in the romance at least, she doesn't come across as immature to me. Also, I remember finding Mission really annoying. I actually like Vette. :P
I have to agree, and I was very biased against Vette because of that.  I could not stand Mission.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Bat Country remade on Ebon Hawk-Imperial  
Jump to: