Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:45:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Patch Notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch Notes  (Read 19304 times)
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 31, 2012, 12:34:41 PM

The morse code one bugged me because it was too freaking fast... there was no slow-down control and I didn't have the patience to jot down one-two signals every time I listened to it. Of course I could've downloaded a morse app like this one (check out the download statistics btw  awesome, for real) and have my phone do the heavy lifting, but :effort:

trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: July 31, 2012, 12:53:17 PM

I am stubborn so I eventually transcribed that shit.  It was certainly hard, and I had never done anything with morse code before.  So fast!  But I was quite proud of myself for getting that done, since at first it seemed utterly impossible because it was simply too fast. Yes, it wasn't a hard puzzle, but it was hard to actually do, and very satisfying to finish it.  Not something I'd want to do every play session though.  Plus now I know my numbers and S.O.S. in morse code.  Educational!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #37 on: July 31, 2012, 01:03:33 PM

The morse code one bugged me because it said go find parts, so I looked up the model number of the thing on the fake website, and wrote down the parts required to repair, and found those parts.

No, you have to collect all the shit even stuff you don't need, and just click the thingy. Overthinking investigation quests for the lose :(

That's bizarre, it let me do it just picking up the stuff listed on the site?

God Save the Horn Players
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 31, 2012, 01:08:36 PM

When I did just the stuff from the site, then clicked the thingy it failed and restarted with "go get shit"

I would up looking it up on a walk-through and it told me to just pick up EVERYTHING. Which seemed completely contrary to investigation quests.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #39 on: July 31, 2012, 01:15:01 PM

Dunno what that's about, as I just picked up the stuff I needed and fixed it! Clearly my Templar is better at fixing shit than you are.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 31, 2012, 01:16:53 PM

Yea, I also made a list of stuff I need and only picked them up... the next phase of the quest probably only checks if you have the 'right' items in your inventory, but doesn't penalize you for having 'bad' items. Maybe in the dark pre-beta ages they took away all the items and gave a "BZZZT WRONG" message until you got the EXACT items (and only those) in your inventory... I also imagine they changed it to be more permissive after receiving the third death threat disguised as a bug report.  why so serious?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 01:18:44 PM by Zetor »

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #41 on: August 01, 2012, 12:37:22 AM

Wow, they nerfed tacos hard. 

1) Now have a casting time.
2) Cannot be used if you have ANY dot left on you.  So, hello to post victory dot death since it seems like some common blood and poison stacking dots unstack one at a time and stack to 10 counts of 10. 

But yay, they stack.  swamp poop

And, seems this patch randomly deleted a bunch of crap out of people's bags. I lost tons of healing and HOT potions.  Ingmarr actually had one of his weapons deleted. FUNCOM  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #42 on: August 01, 2012, 12:53:49 AM

I managed to not have anything deleted from my bags, hooray!

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #43 on: August 01, 2012, 06:37:03 AM

That tradepost isn't anything to brag about either.  Looks and works like it was slapped together quite quickly.

Now I have to check my bags when I go home, most of it is just green which drop like rain in Carpathain fangs anyways.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 01, 2012, 07:44:05 AM

Wow, they nerfed tacos hard. 

1) Now have a casting time.
2) Cannot be used if you have ANY dot left on you.  So, hello to post victory dot death since it seems like some common blood and poison stacking dots unstack one at a time and stack to 10 counts of 10. 

But yay, they stack.  swamp poop

And, seems this patch randomly deleted a bunch of crap out of people's bags. I lost tons of healing and HOT potions.  Ingmarr actually had one of his weapons deleted. FUNCOM  awesome, for real

I thought at first that it had deleted all my weapons and talismans. It didn't. They are just invisible on my paperdoll! They're still there but on my doll it looks like I have nothing equipped.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 01, 2012, 07:45:52 AM

Additionally, some people reported their bags were empty or missing lots of items, some reported after disabling their mods the inventory items showed up again.

I'm guessing that isn't the case here, and I'm not sure if it's true or not, but worth mentioning anyways in the off chance it helps.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 01, 2012, 08:44:51 AM

I had that happen to me un-modded a while back. Like 7 items in my inventory just went poof for about an hour (including a quest item I was trying to find), and I got them back by moving shit around in my inventory.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #47 on: August 01, 2012, 08:46:30 AM

The patch totally called my CustomUI and I'm just not arsed enough to bother trying to reinstall it. Luckily, my damage meter, no intro movies and topbar information overload still work.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #48 on: August 01, 2012, 08:52:37 AM

The patch totally called my CustomUI and I'm just not arsed enough to bother trying to reinstall it. Luckily, my damage meter, no intro movies and topbar information overload still work.

Curse has a test-client of it mod-tool for TSW. Allows downloading and automatic installing from the curse site. Not all mods support it yet, but it makes things a lot easier.

http://testclientupdate.curse.com/

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #49 on: August 01, 2012, 08:54:00 AM

No intro movies?!

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #50 on: August 01, 2012, 08:55:08 AM

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: August 01, 2012, 09:02:04 AM

Ah, ok. I thought it removed cutscenes.

Rasix

Reply #52 on: August 01, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Additionally, some people reported their bags were empty or missing lots of items, some reported after disabling their mods the inventory items showed up again.

I'm guessing that isn't the case here, and I'm not sure if it's true or not, but worth mentioning anyways in the off chance it helps.

They're just gone.  Haven't come back yet.  They could be hiding in my inventory somewhere, but they were just in two small custom bags.  And the entire stacks weren't gone, just incredibly decreased in size (like 10+ potions down to 2 or 1).  Just odd but not unexpected really.

I don't use any mods.

-Rasix
Flinky
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 01, 2012, 10:07:52 AM

Disassembling items now gives you the main component AND the runes from any glyph applied.  Heart

Proud member of the Gnome Brigade.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #54 on: August 01, 2012, 10:55:04 AM

They're just gone.  Haven't come back yet.  They could be hiding in my inventory somewhere, but they were just in two small custom bags.  And the entire stacks weren't gone, just incredibly decreased in size (like 10+ potions down to 2 or 1).  Just odd but not unexpected really.

I don't use any mods.

Yeah and my pistols were not just invisible, they were gone. Couldn't use pistol abilities, when I equipped a new one nothing magically popped into my inventory, etc. I'm also not running any mods. Luckily I am only using 1 pistol active normally.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: August 01, 2012, 11:03:54 AM

(Psst, complete all the new missions for a new achievement and unique clothing rewards!)  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Just in case anyone is curious, this is what is looks like:
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #56 on: August 01, 2012, 12:11:45 PM

Disassembling items now gives you the main component AND the runes from any glyph applied.  Heart

Please tell me that's not a bug.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: August 01, 2012, 12:14:48 PM

It's only about a fifth of the total runes that make up the glyph, but it's better than nothing.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: August 01, 2012, 01:40:50 PM

It's very nice.  It seems like I'm sometimes getting an extra material or two on disassembly, too.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: August 07, 2012, 08:50:23 AM

Update 1.1.1 - August 7th

With this update we have enabled TXAA, and The Secret World is the first game in the world to support this anti-aliasing technique! This requires the newest NVIDIA Kepler (600) series of GPU. To enable TXAA in the video options of the game select "TXAA 2x" or "TXAA 4x" as your anti-aliasing under the video options of the game. These drivers are schedueled to go out of beta (WHQL) around the 13th of August.

Missions

Solomon Island
Kingsmouth Town
The Pick-Up: The mission can now be paused and resumed again later at the correct tier where it was left
The Orochi Scientists now fight back

The Savage Coast
Carter Unleashed: Carter will no longer be seen running straight through the ladder and the wall at the end of the mission
Carter Unleashed: NPC Familiars found in the basement of the academy are now hanging from the hooks instead of floating in thin air
The Black House: The pentagram will disappear when the player solves the puzzle

Blue Mountain
Funeral Crashers: Fixed an issue that prevented players from resuming their mission if it was paused on tier 5/5
Funeral Crashers: Added a journal entry for tier 5 of the mission
Dawning of an Endless Night: Fixed an issue that could cause players to be stuck on tier 15/18 when activating the wards in The Blue Mountain and disconnecting

Egypt
The Scorched Desert
The Last Legion: The Mission now properly resets when a player disconnects during the fight
The Last Legion: Players going in PvP while doing the mission will no longer block the mission for other players
The Last Legion: The Orb of Aten is no longer an interactive object after starting "Defeat the Legion"
From Below: Dr Shirui and Experiment SB118 are now spawned correctly

City of the Sun God
Halls of Lost Records – Tier 5: The Nodes of Mystical Energy inside the Chamber of Satis will no longer enter an infinite cooldown
The 3rd Age: Players can no longer interact with the sarcophagus before they have assembled the key, as intended
The 3rd Age: The first goal will now only update if you get the Strange Metal Clockwork Key in your inventory
Using the Altar of binding will now update the goal and will no longer cause the altar to become uninteractable
Black Sun, Red Sand: The mission now has a mission description

Transylvania
Besieged Farmlands
The Summoning – The Plague: The bosses and mobs now always drop loot when defeated

The Shadowy Forest
The Drăculeşti - Tier 4: Players must now pick up the explosives and detonators individually so that they may receive the items correctly
The Drăculeşti - Tier 4: When you interact with a placed explosive, you will now receive a message indicating it has already been used

Dungeons/Lairs
Hell Raised
Nightmare: We have determined that mobs in Hell Raised Nightmare had an unnaturally high Defence Rating. This caused a frustrating number of glances, even for superbly-equipped players who had mastered the dungeon. Though the Hit Rating requirements of this dungeon remain high, we've adjusted them down to be more in line with the difficulty of gearing for the other Nightmare modes
The Master Planner achievement now enforces the proper requirements of never changing your build, as intended

Hell Fallen
When he summons the second Machine Tyrant, the first machine Tyrant no longer remains active (unless in Nightmare mode)
If players are killed before Wicker's explosion kills them during the Ascendants encounter, a duplicate Wicker which leads the boss and/or adds outside the encounter location should no longer spawn
After defeating the Ascendants during the last fight, the lootbag dropped can now be opened immediately

Hell Eternal
Infernal Overwatch's summon spell "Klaxon Call" can no longer be interrupted
Eblis's loot should no longer drop in inaccessible locations

Soviet Fort
Halina Ilyushin should no longer cast Spite whenever she feels like it. She should also stay in her arena, as the program intended

The Facility
Lasers will stop doing damage when they are no longer visibly hitting the player

The Ankh
The damage from the Orochi Dead Ops encounter has been toned down
Nightmare: After walking in and out of the Filth in the dungeon, the Filth Undertow effect no longer remains on the player
Nightmare: The Dimensional Reaper summoned by Doctor Klein is no longer invisible

Darkness War
Wayeb-Xul encounter: Bomb Mayans are no longer running towards the player and they will now always explode at 0 health

PvP
Fusang Project
The "Capture a Facility" mission should again give the correct amount of Black and White Marks of Venice

Weapons
Fists: Turn the Tables and The Scarlet Arts will now build counters on Hot Iron
Blades: Mobs with Resistances should no longer resist the DoT effect applied by Sling Blade
Hammers: Passive abilities that proc on critical hits will now affect Hell to Pay
Blood Magic: Particles are now shown correctly instead of orange and green squares

[size=14t]Items[/size]
The Charged Ward Generator can no longer be traded, as intended
The items acquired during King of the Hill will no longer affect the Monsters outside its intended location
Fixed some clipping issues with hats and hair
When purchasing the "Friend of the Darkness" title from the item shop, you will now also get the correct title

Localization
The notes received during the mission "Crime and Punishment" - Tier 1 will no longer display black squares instead of letters

General
London: Entering Tabula Rasa will no longer leave the character in the middle of empty space
Agartha: Fixed an issue with a Gatekeeper spell that could not be avoided by players
New cabals can again be created normally
The Nightmare achievements for Master Planner (Ankh and Hell Fallen) are now visible in the achievements window
The achievement "Corvophobia - The Poe (chase away 50 flocks of ravens)" should now update correctly
Attacking the shield/barrier of a boss or mob will now correctly generate hate
Lairs and region bosses will now automatically be locked to the player/group that summoned the boss

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: August 07, 2012, 09:09:56 AM

Outside of the Fusang facility token fix, great patch.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: August 07, 2012, 09:37:30 AM

NEW OUTFIT IN THE ITEM STORE!  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

The "Original Gangster".

Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #62 on: August 07, 2012, 10:31:02 AM

Fixed some clipping issues with hats and hair

If hats actually work for me now this will be the best patch evar!
Rasix

Reply #63 on: August 07, 2012, 10:32:16 AM

Yah, my Palin hair ends up poking out of most hats.  Made the Weiss Knight outfit unwearable.

-Rasix
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: August 07, 2012, 10:39:00 AM

Two of the three hats on the vendor in London are fine for me now. The military one still clips when viewed from the sides or behind though.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: August 15, 2012, 07:43:21 AM

Update 1.1.2 - August 15th
General
Removed the need to chew tacos - they can now be consumed in under a second. Note: We cannot be held responsible for choking or other health risks related to rapid food consumption
Improved the cast and cooldown times on the Faction Mark items (please note: the cooldown of Mark of the Illuminati will also be changed accordingly in the next update)
Using Faction Marks will not put players in combat anymore
Fixed an error when trying to connect to Facebook
Fixed an issue where some characters could not authenticate with the chat server
The target decal option setting will now be saved properly
Fixed an issue where flying NPCs would slide across the ground
The ingame browser will no longer crash when a download link is opened (it will rather just be ignored)

Dungeons
Polaris: The Ur-Draug will now do a line of sight check after agroing a character to make sure he can actually see that character. If not, he'll resume patrolling
The Ankh: Reduced the health of Melothat by 20%
Hell Fallen – Nightmare: Reduced the health of the Endjineers
Hell Fallen – Nightmare: The Arch-Myrmidon's Phalanx can no longer be purged, and is only removed when his soldiers are killed
Hell Fallen: Ascendant ninjas have gone back to ninja school and learned how to not run away
A new, more attractive and less cluttered buff marker for Nightmare dungeon timers has been added. This is purely visual, and doesn't change how the system works at all
The Facility: Soviet laser targeting systems have been upgraded. Lasers will no longer follow you back to the Anima Well

Missions
London – Amity House
Virgula Divina: Fixed an issue which caused some players to be unable to move after watching a cinematic in the mission

Kingsmouth
The Pick-Up: One of the 3 doors will always allow the player to pass through to the other side

Blue Mountain
Detritus Prime: Fixed an issue that prevented players from completing the mission

The Savage Coast
Ami Legend: The Tenebrous Brood Ravager should now always spawn during tier 2

The Shadowy Forest
Last Dance of the Padurii - Tier 3: Capturing Music Essence from spirits must now be done individually if players are to receive the Humming Box correctly. As such, team credit for these goals are now disabled

City of the Sun God
Halls of Lost Records: Resolved an issue preventing players from interacting with the nodes

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #66 on: August 15, 2012, 09:12:34 AM

Last Dance of the Padurii - Tier 3: Capturing Music Essence from spirits must now be done individually if players are to receive the Humming Box correctly. As such, team credit for these goals are now disabled
Why on earth did they do that instead of fix the humming box?  I hated that quest even when credit was shared.  Those Padurii are the worst mobs in the game bar none.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Patch Notes  
Jump to: