Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:19:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you don't like. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things you don't like.  (Read 176908 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #140 on: July 18, 2012, 03:49:26 PM

Seems like they managed to break sprint in some instances.  Ohh, funcom.

-Rasix
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: July 19, 2012, 12:52:33 PM

More hats, dammit!
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #142 on: July 19, 2012, 12:54:34 PM

Can you imagine how well a "hat pack" would sell on their store? 

-Rasix
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: July 19, 2012, 01:42:06 PM

Chat issues
Broken quests, sadly, usually the really fun ones.
The Big Terrible Picture Tier 3 in Egypt. You have to move these light beams to hit a certain spot and 1) They're bugged all to hell and 2) just when you almost have it some random idiot will run up and completely ignoring your says and tells will start jacking with the beams.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #144 on: July 19, 2012, 01:57:50 PM

Can you imagine how well a "hat pack" would sell on their store? 
Have you learned nothing from Valve, Funcom?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: July 19, 2012, 09:02:45 PM

Friends list not a per-account thing  Ohhhhh, I see.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: July 20, 2012, 06:29:57 PM

You have to move these light beams to hit a certain spot and 1) They're bugged all to hell and 2) just when you almost have it some random idiot will run up and completely ignoring your says and tells will start jacking with the beams.
This is probably my only peeve as well, the public-space quests specifically designed for solo experiences, but where users can screw it up easily. They are already on the right track with personalized zones, though of course they've been doing that since it was a Big Deal(tm) in AO. But it really feels like a throwback experience that you can have your designed-to-be-soloed quest borked by some random passerby.

Not game-breakingly bad, just something I can't see being acceptable save for those who appreciate the nostalgia of Emporer trains in CB  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: July 20, 2012, 07:05:45 PM

Even those people didn't like the D'Vinn train.

YOU have been backstabbed for a gajillion by Ambassador D'Vinn!
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #148 on: July 20, 2012, 09:08:38 PM

God, once I got firmly into the, "You can pretty much one-shot this asshole" level range, I used to love sitting in that tower and just fucking D'Vinn's shit up for hours on end.

Countless noobs thanked me, but I didn't do it for them. I did it for me.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #149 on: July 21, 2012, 11:32:16 AM

I don't like that someone used the name "Sjofn" before me.  Heartbreak

God Save the Horn Players
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #150 on: July 21, 2012, 11:56:27 AM

Your punishment for not trusting me and buying this on day one. You were going to cave in anyway (and this time for good reasons), why the wait?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #151 on: July 21, 2012, 12:09:17 PM

I am only playing because Ingmar is, I gave no shits about The Secret World, and honestly I still give no shits about it, but I figure I can kick around in it a little bit. I've given plenty of MMOs I've given no shits about a try before, why stop now?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: July 21, 2012, 12:13:10 PM

I was joking, of course. You may not give a shit, but I am glad you are playing. I don't know you well but I really had a feeling that both you and Ingmar would have liked this one. That's probably why I kept thinking you and Ingmar would have caved in, and felt particularly strange that of all people specifically you two were not playing it, cause I really thought it was totally your kind of MMORPG.

We'll see.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #153 on: July 21, 2012, 12:21:51 PM

I played it a very little bit (we have a birthday party to go to today and D&D tomorrow, we are WASTING OUR FREE TIME) and the story stuff will probably interest me, although I've never been hugely into this type of story, but I am really not sure about the combat. It depends on the combat learning curve to see if it annoys me too much to keep going to get to the interesting bits. Lucky for the game, my tolerance for iffy combat is pretty high if the story is good enough.  why so serious?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: July 21, 2012, 12:41:19 PM

Name of yours and Ingmar's chars? Let's cynically play together.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: July 21, 2012, 10:05:22 PM

Yea. But like Surly, that created periodic fun at level 25, 30, 40 and beyond. Used to love sitting in the tunnel twisting AE Mezz. Final time I went back I'd one-shot just for kicks. But it was great for the hero complex :). I assume the same was true for folks who came up through Blackburrow? All my characters were eastern.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #156 on: July 21, 2012, 10:32:09 PM

Yea. But like Surly, that created periodic fun at level 25, 30, 40 and beyond. Used to love sitting in the tunnel twisting AE Mezz. Final time I went back I'd one-shot just for kicks. But it was great for the hero complex :). I assume the same was true for folks who came up through Blackburrow? All my characters were eastern.

Oh, I did both. The darkpaws were my bitches too...

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: July 21, 2012, 10:57:38 PM

It was fun to go back and safe fall to the bottom of BB as a monk.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #158 on: July 21, 2012, 11:22:25 PM

Name of yours and Ingmar's chars? Let's cynically play together.

Honestly, it took me so many tries to come up with a name I didn't hate, I kinda forgot what it was. I'll post in the thread when I log in again later. :P

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: July 22, 2012, 08:52:37 AM

Honestly, it took me so many tries to come up with a name I didn't hate, I kinda forgot what it was. I'll post in the thread when I log in again later. :P
For reals, I have a character named Ka-Bang, ffs.

Single server tech is not nice to naming characters, but at least you won't get all your cool names to have them taken away ala TOR.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: July 22, 2012, 10:02:10 AM

GW2 has a far better solution on the naming thing.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: July 22, 2012, 10:57:40 AM

Champion's has a better naming solution.  If there was one thing other companies could borrow, it should be that.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: July 22, 2012, 10:58:13 AM

Yes, allowing people to use spaces and up to 18 letters is just awesome. Makes up for very unique names. Love that.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #163 on: July 22, 2012, 11:06:48 AM

Yes, allowing people to use spaces and up to 18 letters is just awesome. Makes up for very unique names. Love that.

[deluded fangirl]Eve Online allows 24 characters and a space[/deluded fangirl]

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #164 on: July 22, 2012, 11:25:25 AM

Lucky for the game, my tolerance for iffy combat is pretty high if the story is good enough.  why so serious?

You enjoyed BOTH Dragon Ages, I think your tolerance for shitty combat is supremely high.  why so serious?

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: July 22, 2012, 02:06:41 PM

[deluded fangirl]Eve Online allows 24 characters and a space[/deluded fangirl]

Yeah, but the price you pay for that is having to play Eve Online.  why so serious?

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #166 on: July 22, 2012, 08:07:50 PM

Lucky for the game, my tolerance for iffy combat is pretty high if the story is good enough.  why so serious?

You enjoyed BOTH Dragon Ages, I think your tolerance for shitty combat is supremely high.  why so serious?

Ha ha, DA:O was actually exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote that.  Heart

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: July 22, 2012, 08:20:17 PM

Wait, Funcom broke more with a patch than it fixed? Unpossible.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #168 on: July 23, 2012, 01:43:19 AM

I do not like how my character's mouth is slightly open and that she never gets to talk, so she just sort of comes across as a gawking idiot in all her cut scenes.  Heartbreak

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: July 23, 2012, 02:16:25 AM

She swallowed a magic bee, dammit! I'd like to see you talking after that!

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: July 23, 2012, 02:26:24 AM

She swallowed a magic bee, dammit! I'd like to see you talking after that!

That was my assumption. You are incappible of speech.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: July 23, 2012, 02:38:40 AM

And even though the protagonist is mute (a lot of NPCs acknowledge this, btw), you still get to play with facial expressions and stuff sometimes. The one that stands out for me is in Savage Coast when the Indian guy is berating his niece at the bait shop as the PC enters, finishes his monologue with "and here's the person who'll solve our problem" and both of them look meaningfully towards the PC. The PC obviously responds to this by looking out the door behind him awesome, for real

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: July 23, 2012, 02:48:02 AM

Yeah. Also remember during the intro video, you end up vomiting energy. That can't be good for your vocal chords. Also, the isolation in your messy room for a week could really indicate (poorly) that you are going through shock for many things, including finding out that you can't speak anymore. And, since every NPC you speak with knows you are a "bee", they seem to be aware of the fact that the "Bees" are powerful but can't speak.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 02:51:11 AM by Falconeer »

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #173 on: July 23, 2012, 03:35:56 AM

The only problem with that theory is the questions you can ask most of the NPCs.

I'm pretty sure you can talk, you just don't do it often.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: July 23, 2012, 07:58:54 AM

Though I've said it before, I really like how they handle it.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you don't like.  
Jump to: