Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:43:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you don't like. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things you don't like.  (Read 174925 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 03, 2012, 06:46:58 PM

brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: July 03, 2012, 06:58:02 PM

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #37 on: July 03, 2012, 06:59:55 PM

Should probably post this in 'things I like'....

Funcom is there for me every time my willpower wanes on this title. Issues with the beta event kept me from playing. Now I'm just about to cave and they've locked my account pending something something in email that they haven't sent me (actually, two emails: one that said my account was locked the other was a password reset when I didn't get the email about the lock). After a half hour of dicking around, the urge has passed and I'll just go run that new circuit in the basement instead.

Thanks again, Funcom.

edit: Works every time!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:08:01 PM by Sky »
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 03, 2012, 10:52:04 PM

I dislike mindless bashing of this game on various blogs and message boards .OK you dont like it - move one. Funcom deserves Kudos for releasing a playable game without major bugs. It is also very original and imho very well made game -story, world, writing. Its a niche game and needs every help it can get so we companies can produce more  games like this instead of WoW clones.

Sad part is SWTOR will be probably lots more successful than this in the long run.And while SWTOR was not bad in story department ,TSW really shows you how "story" MMO should be made
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 04, 2012, 01:24:29 AM

Funcom deserves Kudos for releasing a playable game without major bugs.

Whoa there.  There's still an unacceptably large chunk of the player base suffering from repeated client crashes.  Not to mention some pretty bad performance from the client.  It's a step up for Funcom but let's not say crazy shit like "without major bugs".
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 04, 2012, 06:33:36 AM

I have a gun.  I'm supposed to be an expert with this gun.  Why, I ask, does it still take me round after round to kill a mob?  Don't put modern weapons in the game and expect me to blow through clip after clip to kill a menial mob.  I hated this in SWTOR with lasers and light sabres.  I hate it here. 

I like what this game is trying to do more than I like the actual implementation.  I just can't seem to stay interested in it longer than an hour before running back to WoT.  It's funny because I really want to like and support this game for its efforts. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #41 on: July 04, 2012, 07:55:27 AM

You're not really using a gun at all.   Well, not in the way you think.

-Rasix
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #42 on: July 04, 2012, 09:59:36 AM

"You are the magic behind the magic bullet"

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #43 on: July 04, 2012, 12:58:28 PM

I have a gun.  I'm supposed to be an expert with this gun.  Why, I ask, does it still take me round after round to kill a mob?  Don't put modern weapons in the game and expect me to blow through clip after clip to kill a menial mob.  I hated this in SWTOR with lasers and light sabres.  I hate it here.  

I like what this game is trying to do more than I like the actual implementation.  I just can't seem to stay interested in it longer than an hour before running back to WoT.  It's funny because I really want to like and support this game for its efforts.  

Ehh it's not like you don't put shell after shell into another target in WoT most of the time to kill it, either. Unrealistic game mechanics are unrealistic.

Not to mention who knows how many bullets does it really take to take down a zombie or a sea monster from norse myths? There's room for make-believe there.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 01:00:44 PM by tmp »
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: July 04, 2012, 02:33:26 PM

My machine has 8 GB memory and TSW takes 1.9 GB AT MOST. preferring to hitch and stop every time it want to load resource from HDD. Its 2012. I have memory -use it FFS
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 04, 2012, 02:37:04 PM

During the CTD I had today, it mentioned something about "32bit" in the exe name.  Guessing that's why the 2GB limit is there...

Is there a way to resize the character window?  I pushed up the 3 UI scales by 10% which helped a lot on other stuff, but I still have to squint when swapping gear.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: July 04, 2012, 02:52:51 PM

My machine has 8 GB memory and TSW takes 1.9 GB AT MOST. preferring to hitch and stop every time it want to load resource from HDD. Its 2012. I have memory -use it FFS

TheSecretWorldDX11.exe *32
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #47 on: July 04, 2012, 03:04:07 PM

Is there a way to resize the character window?  I pushed up the 3 UI scales by 10% which helped a lot on other stuff, but I still have to squint when swapping gear.

If you mean the one that pops up on "C", just zoom in on your character, the HUD around it will grow along with it.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: July 04, 2012, 03:11:17 PM

Is there a way to resize the character window?  I pushed up the 3 UI scales by 10% which helped a lot on other stuff, but I still have to squint when swapping gear.

If you mean the one that pops up on "C", just zoom in on your character, the HUD around it will grow along with it.

That's the one, and I play MMOGs 100% zoomed out.

...which explains why the character window was the size of my thumb on a 27" monitor...   swamp poop

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: July 05, 2012, 12:10:32 AM

That would technically require two code branches.  Something which apparently terrifies this industry.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #50 on: July 05, 2012, 04:09:19 AM

That would technically require two code branches.  Something which apparently terrifies this industry.

Yet APB did it.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: July 05, 2012, 06:40:37 AM

That would technically require two code branches.  Something which apparently terrifies this industry.
Wouldn't it technically require just setting bigger size for the cache game is already using to hold its recently loaded shit in?

edit: nvm, separate branch for 64 bit
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #52 on: July 05, 2012, 08:03:31 AM

As much grief as 10.7 has been causing me, it's nice to see a company with the balls to rip off the bandage.

MS should announce the sunset of all 32 bit OS versions and drop the price on 7 64bit to $30 for a couple months. Hell, sell it through Steam  why so serious?

And no 32bit version of anything ever again outside a VM.

Oh, things I don't like:

Font size in tooltips and skill/ability screens. The godawful grey-on-grey of the chat context menu. While I do like the idea of granularity of UI scaling, only giving a couple options kinda dampens the effect. Also, 'large' font size is not. (1080p)

The Inventory also seems to not allow me to drop things in all the slots, wonky.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 08:18:45 AM by Sky »
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: July 05, 2012, 09:00:59 AM

Things to hate on:

Sell list order isn't at all related to inventory list order. I put everything I wanted to keep at the end of my inventory, wound up selling it. Buyback UI is.. dicey at best (sold 40 items, buyback had.. 2)

Puzzle quests in the open world don't seem to work right without some form of unique phasing per player. Essentially: other players being anywhere near you when you're trying to do something in order SUCKS.
Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: July 05, 2012, 09:15:09 AM

I click on the QL to sort things and then use that as a reference for what I want to sell. Works for me.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: July 05, 2012, 09:29:10 AM

That's the one, and I play MMOGs 100% zoomed out.
That's what the problem was?  Thanks, because I couldn't figure out why it was messing up for him, either.  I never thought of trying to zoom on my character.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Rasix

Reply #56 on: July 05, 2012, 09:29:36 AM

So, is glyph crafting bugged? I can't seem to make any. Using the right QL of components and everything.

-Rasix
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #57 on: July 05, 2012, 09:34:33 AM

There is one tier, I think it's four, that doesn't seem to work.  I hear some of the blues don't either.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: July 05, 2012, 11:15:49 AM

I've a blue QL3 glyph kit and a green QL4 that doesn't work either.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: July 05, 2012, 01:39:45 PM

I don't like solo instances. GW2 wins this battle as story quests can be completed in groups, where as when in a group once you hit a solo-instance the entire fun of being in a group is paused

Last night I was finishing the main story line in the desert which separated the duo I was in. I ended up finishing it in about 10-15mins while my partner did not finish at all causing us to not be able to progress at the same rate. I'd much rather have mobs scale for more people, and even faction restricted grouping would be welcomed for this.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: July 05, 2012, 02:03:23 PM

I know the chat issues have been mentioned several times in this thread, but still. Did the guys programming the chat system arrive through a time portal from 2001?

Game does need phasing, or at least a way to switch dimensions at will (out of combat, ofc). I play during Euro times, so I didn't have too many problems with other people messing with quest objects -- but at least 3 of the missions I've done so far had a bug that required me to switch dimensions. Thankfully there was always someone in general chat who completed the mission in a non-buggy dimension and could give me a lift. Someone also said in general chat that entering/leaving the persistent pvp battleground thing works, but when I tried that, it kept dumping me into the same (bugged) dimension...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 02:04:59 PM by Zetor »

tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: July 05, 2012, 02:13:39 PM

I know the chat issues have been mentioned several times in this thread, but still. Did the guys programming the chat system arrive through a time portal from 2001?
Would imagine the code for chat was pretty much copy/pasted from Anarchy Online -> Age of Conan so that's more or less a yes. why so serious?

(ok to be fair the chat system in AO was revamped at some point after 2001 and TSW looks like this more recent incarnation)
Rasix

Reply #62 on: July 06, 2012, 08:56:24 AM

Hey, first major loss of access.  Game won't let me log in at all.  Even put in my retail key (btw, if you don't do this, you WILL get locked out).

Yay Funcom.  

edit: Crisis over.  That was a little scary, though I got hacked.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 09:17:29 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: July 06, 2012, 12:47:49 PM

Blue Mountain is just too damn hard.  High mob density/agro radius so adds are common and kiting is impossible.  Mobs individually are way, way harder than the toughest thing in SC.  So any add = death.  It's a good thing the death penalty is basically non-existant other than a corpse run, because I would be dead broke by now otherwise given how much I've died in this zone.  it isn't pretty. 

I hear Egypt is actually easier than Blue Mountain.  Which really tells the whole story.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: July 06, 2012, 01:13:06 PM

Blue Mountain is just too damn hard.  High mob density/agro radius so adds are common and kiting is impossible.  Mobs individually are way, way harder than the toughest thing in SC.  So any add = death.  It's a good thing the death penalty is basically non-existant other than a corpse run, because I would be dead broke by now otherwise given how much I've died in this zone.  it isn't pretty. 

I hear Egypt is actually easier than Blue Mountain.  Which really tells the whole story.

Ehh. Its not easier. Its just by egypt people usually get decent gear and have decent AP/SP builds.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #65 on: July 06, 2012, 01:45:27 PM

Around blue mountain is when you are expected to have a good two weapon deck build with some utility healing and such thrown in.  The problem is that's probably too soon, game is rather complicated.  Most might need to switch to a dps weapon/heal weapon build to solo around then.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: July 06, 2012, 01:59:54 PM

I've been running a pretty well refined penetration based shotgun/blood and died maybe twice in the Savage Coast.  It was a cakewalk.  I have both active and passive heals, stuns, good DPS.  The only thing I could think of doing differently is trying to build as a tank instead, which may work better but is so far away skill point wise as to being basically irrelevant in terms of my options.

I can solo individual mobs but they take me to around half health (mainly because you can't kite at all in most areas so you just have to stand there and tank hits).  Then there's the respawn rate/mob proximity/agro radius that makes it impossible to avoid adds, and any adds are just death.  Not to mention the dark areas where you literally can't see any possible adds in the first place.  Whomever designed the bog is a sadistic fucking bastard.  

I'm well geared too.  All QL6.  7 points in shotgun/7 points in blood magic.  Good mix of talismans.

I think most people that did alright in BM most likely are Illumunati or Templar and have the PvP buff to some extent.  100 hit rating and 100 defense rating would be a godsend for me right now.  As a Dragon on permanent 0 PvP buff this shit is really, really, excruciatingly hard.  Every time I get an add (which happens quite often and is impossible to avoid much of the time) I just get up from the keyboard and get a glass of water and prepare for the run back to the corpse.  
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 02:11:08 PM by trias_e »
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: July 06, 2012, 08:52:09 PM

I can solo individual mobs but they take me to around half health (mainly because you can't kite at all in most areas so you just have to stand there and tank hits).  Then there's the respawn rate/mob proximity/agro radius that makes it impossible to avoid adds, and any adds are just death.  Not to mention the dark areas where you literally can't see any possible adds in the first place.  Whomever designed the bog is a sadistic fucking bastard.  

I hated the bog too (shades which pull you in  and stun). Though I hated akkab permaslow broodmarks lots more. Key to that whole area is to thread really damn careful.

I think most people that did alright in BM most likely are Illumunati or Templar and have the PvP buff to some extent.  100 hit rating and 100 defense rating would be a godsend for me right now.  As a Dragon on permanent 0 PvP buff this shit is really, really, excruciatingly hard.  Every time I get an add (which happens quite often and is impossible to avoid much of the time) I just get up from the keyboard and get a glass of water and prepare for the run back to the corpse.  

Oh well I am illuminati. But  I did BM in beta and I didnt have buffs then. It is not very easy area, but  I liked it. I considered its sorta of a puzzle to make trough the mobs and complete quests in there
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: July 07, 2012, 08:24:40 AM

What starts pissing me off are bugged mobs, that go full health immediately and don't die anymore (game goes "Cannot cast on dead target", yet it keeps shooting at me). And mobs that tend to spawn a pet once a while suddenly bugging out and siccing like 10 on you at once. Really nice.

I've a blue QL3 glyph kit and a green QL4 that doesn't work either.
I have a green QL4 one that doesn't.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 08:55:35 AM by TripleDES »

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: July 07, 2012, 11:33:37 AM

This may just be because it's early in the game's life, but levelling dungeons are pretty darn hard for full pugs. Polaris and Inferno have a lot of things that go beyond staying out of fire - adds that need to be burst down and killed at certain spots, tank kiting, straight up dps races that have a very high chance of wiping the group, etc.... this stuff needs a fair bit of coordination.

Now I'm fine with challenges like this and enjoyed the few pugs I did even when we wiped over and over because the tank didn't hold aggro on the adds+boss / dps was too slow / people stood in the fire, but I'm not sure this is a good idea long-term... of course keeping the elite-tier dungeons hard is fine.

edit: Regarding Blue Mountain Difficulty - I made a beeline to the token vendor to pick up two blue QL6 weapons and two blue QL5 glyphs, I highly recommend doing this no matter what. I play a glass cannon shotgun/AR build (transitioning to shotgun/ele), and there were definitely rough spots. In particular, the Scavenger quest is borderline impossible solo - good thing the area was crawling with other people so we joined up and did it quick-like. Areas with the moths are also killers, an add usually means death (and they LOVE to patrol into you while you're fighting one of them).
Another thing I noticed is a quest where you had to kill 13 zombies in 8 [?] minutes... all of them 'normal' mobs with 5-6k hp. You pretty much NEED a full dps spec for this!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:42:06 AM by Zetor »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you don't like.  
Jump to: