Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:46:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Game Day 3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 - Game Day 3  (Read 19621 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #70 on: July 10, 2012, 10:26:41 AM

That sums it up really. I was playing for a tie, and had to make a ridiculous dodge-blitz-KO-pickup to turn the game as Sir T was a turn from scoring. After that, it came down to the fact that I had a couple rerolls left and Sir T didn't when his luck turned.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: July 10, 2012, 10:40:51 AM

Whalers lose 0-1 to the Orc Town Boyz in a grueling muddy match of awful carnage. 

It started out raining, and remained raining for all but about two turns, and I figured the rain would be a bit of an impediment to the human passing game... but what was more of a problem was the steady annihilation of my catchers and throwers at the hands of the vicious orcs.  I had one major interface goof in each half, neither of which really changed the outcome, but serve as reminders that I should probably play a little more often to avoid accidental dodges and reading die rolls wrong.

The humans were still in it for the first half but the orcs eventually grabbed the ball and though unable to score, started to really bash the humans around.  The second half was a nightmare of the initially slightly-undermanned humans basically losing a player to KO or injury each turn as the orc cage (they received) slowly ground its way to victory.  By the time the Whalers were receiving the kickoff from the orcs TD, they were down to (I believe) four players on the field.

The final actual injuries:

Starbuck 2.0 the Catcher: in his first game failed a dodge on his first turn and died; apothecary fixed him but he was later Badly Hurt.
Ahab the Strong Arm Thrower: Badly Hurt
Flask the Block Catcher: Gouged Eye
Pip the Lineman: Dead

So my hopes for a slightly-more-even matchup with the Other New Team end in a worse loss for the Whalers than the other games.  Damn orcs!
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: July 10, 2012, 10:47:15 AM

Proudft and myself just finished our game. 1-0 to me, the match has been posted on BB manager.

Proudft rolled and elected to receive, but bad rain and bad luck meant not getting a handle on the ball. Orcs did what orcs do best and smashed the pinkies to bits including killing a catcher, but the doc managed to save him. More bad rolling from the humies left the ball bouncing backwards and forwards between the teams. Neither team managing to hold the ball for long, or (in my case), move it up the pitch fast enough. Finally breaking loose the humies make a chance play and bring down my gobbo ball carrier ending the half.

Next half way my turn. Orc thrower got the ball, passed off to his mate and caged up. By this time the amount of humans left on the pitch was fast dwindling so I helped more rest up. Slowly bashing my way forward until a hole opened and my thrower made use of it with a light shield managing to score.

2 turns left, 5 players on the pitch and the humies receive. Again, they seem to lack the ability to pick up the balll. the orcs smash anyone standing and grab the ball. The 2nd point is one turn away. His dodge and 1 dice block results in a push. All I needed was a push on a 2 dice push and 2 GFIs and I win. Unlike him I have plenty of rerolls left, so I make the push. With horror I realise that I've used my merc and got a both knocked down result. Loner kicks in and game over.

Can't complain though, a win is a win, but the extra SPP would've been nice on the thrower (that said MVP to thrower was nice). Kicked myself a little, but such is life.

Stats below spolier.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #73 on: July 10, 2012, 07:58:43 PM

Ok Mr Ironwood, I have a working copy. Let us do this thing which we are going to do.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #74 on: July 10, 2012, 10:50:14 PM

My game with Falc should be done and dusted in 10 hours
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: July 11, 2012, 01:00:31 AM

Ok Mr Ironwood, I have a working copy. Let us do this thing which we are going to do.

Ok, so what time zone do you inhabit.  I ought to be available from 6pm onwards GMT today.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: July 11, 2012, 01:25:34 AM

I am GMT +10.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: July 11, 2012, 11:28:16 AM

And five seconds after I say 'Hello' your status changes to 'away'.

I SMELL YOUR FEAR.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #78 on: July 11, 2012, 11:48:32 AM

Alright, everything validated and a default 2-0 win awarded to Ramas as Bann has conceded. As soon as the Ironwood v Megrim match is done with we can move on.

In the interests of making the season an equal length for all divisions and not having a 2-3 week period where there's only one division playing games, I'm going to stop Hordes Division after day 8 and work out the standings for the playoffs at that point. This means that each coach will not have played every other coach but I figure that's an acceptable outcome. If anyone has strong feelings about this then please pipe up before we move on and we can discuss that.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: July 11, 2012, 12:49:13 PM

Its only 1 more game day. Maybe put a week play limit on that last game day?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: July 11, 2012, 12:49:30 PM

Does it mean I still have a chance at the playoffs?   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: July 11, 2012, 01:45:36 PM

Do you really mean day 8? Or do you mean day 7 when the other two divisions will stop?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #82 on: July 11, 2012, 01:53:09 PM

Do you really mean day 8? Or do you mean day 7 when the other two divisions will stop?

I mean day 7. So the last two days of Hordes Division will not be played but the coaches in that division will still get the same number of matches as coaches in 40k and Tamurkhan.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: July 11, 2012, 03:04:45 PM

Yahoo!

Shame I won't get that match in against the Ex's right before failoffs/playoffs.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: July 11, 2012, 03:44:31 PM

I think that not having to play against the top contenders will create a not-insignificant point skew towards those matched against top teams on the last two days. From a player's perspective it would make more sense to just decouple Hordes game days from the other leagues' game days, and Hordes would naturally move a bit faster since it's 5 games per day vs 8. That might be hell to administer, though.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #85 on: July 11, 2012, 03:46:03 PM

I don't mind waiting an extra week in the interest of avaia and Ruvaldt gutting each other just before the playoffs.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #86 on: July 11, 2012, 04:19:49 PM

I don't mind waiting an extra week in the interest of avaia and Ruvaldt gutting each other just before the playoffs.

Here, here!

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: July 11, 2012, 07:45:45 PM

And five seconds after I say 'Hello' your status changes to 'away'.

I SMELL YOUR FEAR.

Yea, it was like four in the morning for me. I hadn't realised it was that late, and headed off to bed. If Iain wants to roll the week over, I will concede the match, since I don't see myself staying up that late to play a game (I have a cold atm).

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: July 12, 2012, 02:10:06 AM

Well, I'm still scunnered at the idea of winning by default.  If people don't mind, I can be available Saturday at your convenience.

It's up to the bearded one though.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #89 on: July 12, 2012, 04:40:00 AM

I can hold off until Saturday if you are confident the game will be played by then.

I understand the issues with the shortened Hordes season and how it might disproportionately affect the playoffs so I'm going to go with the original plan where the Hordes season will be two match days longer. I'm going to desync it from the other divisions though in an attempt to bring the total length of the season closer to parity.

Hordes Division is now on Day 4.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: July 12, 2012, 05:28:04 AM

I should learn to shut my fucking mouth.   Ohhhhh, I see.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #91 on: July 12, 2012, 07:33:05 AM

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: July 12, 2012, 07:59:13 AM

Real goats infect people, chaos bitches!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: July 12, 2012, 04:17:30 PM

Ok, apologies for the delay. Game is played. Rats go down 0 to 2 against the Vampires. Props to Ironwood for (I think) staying up late.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: July 13, 2012, 02:03:45 AM

Aye, it was well late,. which was why I just logged off and crashed out after I'd uploaded the game.

Not a bad game, but utterly fucked from the start by a fucktastic UI.  Not played Vampires before; They seem...strong.

Because there's nothing like paying half a million for a Star Player that the game won't let you field in the first half.

I am utterly sick of the shitty bugs in this otherwise sublime game.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Game Day 3  
Jump to: