Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:11:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Early Start Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Early Start Thread  (Read 15583 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 07:07:46 AM

Their google research plan appears to have hit the obvious hitch already.  Anytime you run into a puzzle now it's just going to auto-complete you to a relevant forum post basically telling you the answer.   Curious if they'll start deleting threads that even have hints.
Isn't that what most people use Google for when researching a problem?  They just need to make their website non-searchable.  Why they didn't add a robots or meta tag is beyond me.

It was helpful to find that a quest I was on was bugged.  I was positive I knew what to do, so I didn't mind looking it up, and sure enough others are having trouble, too.  They really need to make these bullet-proof though.  I like the challenge.  I don't want to check if it's bugged out of frustration and accidentally find out I was wrong and HERE IS THE ANSWER.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 07:15:06 AM

Actually in the beta the Devs were encouraging people to use Google. Sure, they meant it to solve the puzzles, not to get the solutions, but they aren't fools and they knew people were going to use the internet for spoilers instead of hints. I think it all boils down to what game you want to play. If you want to rush through the content using spoilers, you are free to do so and they know there's no way they could make it any harder for players.

If you instead want to enjoy the game the way it was intended to be played, you can do so.

I really don't think they care in the slightest about fighting internet spoilers. Sure, they'd love for them not to exist, but the game has launched and "customers" have the right to play it any way they want at this point.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 07:17:45 AM

On the investigation missions I generally give it a good try on each tier. Once I hit about the 20-30 minute mark though I start looking for spoilers. :) I'm finding that so far I usually do pretty well but I hear late game investigation missions are harder.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Early Start Thread  
Jump to: