Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:23:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Early Start Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Early Start Thread  (Read 15574 times)
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

on: June 29, 2012, 06:52:22 PM

Just so we have more than one thread about this game, given the new forum status.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I patched from the beta weekend client to early start with no issues, just (from memory) about 2-3GB of downloads.

...by the way, what happened to all of the character clothing options from beta?  Head scratch

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 07:09:42 PM

...by the way, what happened to all of the character clothing options from beta?  Head scratch

I think they were all moved to the store.  Honestly, theres nothing in the store that interests me other than some of the jackets but theres no way I'll pay for them.  Store is 100% cosmetic...for now.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 07:49:56 PM

I didn't see any missing at character creation.   Where were they usually?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 07:54:25 PM

Some Beta Weekends ago you could choose things that are now in the Store. I know this cause I was speciifically looking for that awesome red coat and the laced up sandals, and they are not even available in the Pangea boutique for game money (Pax Romana) now. They went straight to the Real Money store.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 10:40:29 PM

Is it just me, or did performance go straight into the shitter? Game is not moving well.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 12:04:42 AM

I can't even log in right now. It just hangs at "Connecting to Character Server"

trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 12:21:05 AM

I can't even log in right now. It just hangs at "Connecting to Character Server"
Rebooting the client fixed that issue for me.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 12:22:06 AM

Is it just me, or did performance go straight into the shitter? Game is not moving well.

I had one period of terrible framerate drop, but that was after running the game for 5 hours+ so I figure it was a memory leak.  Otherwise it has been equivalent to beta weekends performace-wise for me.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 12:23:44 AM

I'm getting 12 FPS.  It's chuggling like AOC on my old PC.  This is really aggravating.  Game was ultra smooth in beta for me.

edit: Reboot seemed to fix it. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 12:32:28 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 06:59:59 AM

I like how there's crafting in there. I want to craft a new fucking weapon for me. For that I need metal. To get metal, I need weapons loot. Over all the damn quests I did now, god knows how many, I got three weapons now, that disassembled into shit material, which have to be refined. I'm nowhere near crafting anything. Are weapon drops that rare, or is there a source of metal I don't know about?!

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 07:10:22 AM

I like how there's crafting in there. I want to craft a new fucking weapon for me. For that I need metal. To get metal, I need weapons loot. Over all the damn quests I did now, god knows how many, I got three weapons now, that disassembled into shit material, which have to be refined. I'm nowhere near crafting anything. Are weapon drops that rare, or is there a source of metal I don't know about?!

Barrier potions can be disassembled into metals. Generally I've found that weapon and kit drops are pretty sparse for the first half or so of Kingsmouth and pick up after that. I think around the scrapyard was where I first noticed an improvement in the drop rate but that may just have been the RNG finally taking pity on me.

Edit: Also the +stat (crit, hit, etc) potions are a good source of runes if you're planning on crafting glyphs.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 07:12:37 AM by Tyrnan »
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 07:40:44 AM

I'm mostly just looking for better weapons. I'm still running around with the QL0 assault rifle, and I'm about to unlock the specialization of that weapon. The seller in the HQ takes tokens of a kind I have yet to get.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 07:52:10 AM

I don't know what to tell you, I dropped lots of things already and even finished a quest that gave me a green weapon for any class. But crafting, yeah, you can disassemble anything that is green or higher and potions are your best bet. Can't remember which ones give you metal but some of them do.

I don't want to say that you have to grind for materials, this is definitely a game where questing is far more interesting than just fighting random monsters, but it's like 1 out of 4 drop a green disassemblable thing, so I tend to shoot the easy one of them on my way to some quest step to get stuff I can recycle. And money.

Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 08:03:36 AM

I'm mostly just looking for better weapons. I'm still running around with the QL0 assault rifle, and I'm about to unlock the specialization of that weapon. The seller in the HQ takes tokens of a kind I have yet to get.

Have you tried the Council of Venice vendors near the police station in Kingsmouth? You can get blue QL3 weapons for 40 Solomon Island tokens iirc.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 08:07:25 AM

How do I get some sexy Templar threads?  I didn't see any in the store or at the one clothing shop I found.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 08:13:47 AM

Not sure what you mean but they are probably the reward for completing one of the eleven Templar decks. (See "Decks" in the left side of the screen in your skill Wheel menu).

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 08:18:07 AM

Not sure what you mean but they are probably the reward for completing one of the eleven Templar decks. (See "Decks" in the left side of the screen in your skill Wheel menu).

I just mean any kind of clothing that's vaguely Templar faction themed.  There's nothing besides the deck rewards?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 08:21:13 PM by Amaron »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 08:20:14 AM

Maybe quest rewards, specifically Faction quests. But I have honestly no idea. It makes sense though.

What it doesn't make sense is to buy them in stores, cause people from other factions should beable to get them (I don't think they have faction-locked gear yet).

Finally, there's the "I <3 London" with the Templar logo that is one of the preorder items.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 09:08:12 AM

The second quest you get in the game gives you a QL1 weapon. You missed the pickup truck with the ammo?
Those tokens, I believe, are from running quests in Kingsmouth. The best weapon I found in Kingsmouth was QL2 or 3 from an rc plane quest. Tough though.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 10:30:59 AM

I just mean any kind of clothing that's vaguely Templar faction themed.    There's nothing besides the deck rewards?

When you get Faction Rank 3 you with the templars you get a quest from them. Once you finish it one of the rewards is the Templar outfit that all the guards in London wear. The same one the generic chick wears when you load up the game.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 30, 2012, 11:42:56 AM

The second quest you get in the game gives you a QL1 weapon. You missed the pickup truck with the ammo?
Whoops. Noticed that earlier today.

But either way, I'm kind of pissed off. I looted a QL2 toolkit, finally managed to scrap enough imperfect metal together and crafted myself a tricked out G36 look-a-like rifle. In a sewer mission, I respawned and found myself again with that QL1, the new one not in the inventory. Hope the GMs fix that, because really!

Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 30, 2012, 12:33:01 PM

So I initially rolled a templar on daemon. Turns out this server is completely dominated by templars - every single buff is taken by templars. No action going on whatsoever. Rerolled on cerberus - at least there is active facility swapping going on in fusang.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 02:50:11 PM

So I initially rolled a templar on daemon. Turns out this server is completely dominated by templars - every single buff is taken by templars. No action going on whatsoever. Rerolled on cerberus - at least there is active facility swapping going on in fusang.

Arcadia seems to be dominated by Templars, as well.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 30, 2012, 04:18:00 PM

Grim is mostly Illuminati at the moment.

On the other hand, seems like Dragon will be the underdog everywhere.

TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 30, 2012, 05:03:18 PM

The drop rate of crafting kits seems to be like 0.00000000001%. I've farmed so much above-zombie level mobs in Kingsmouth, I've yet to loot another weapon kit.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 30, 2012, 05:29:39 PM

That's crazy, I have too many and I don't know what to do with it. All I am missing is a glyph kit, but I have double and triple weapon and talisman kits, even some QL3. I'd say you are just unlucky man, but they are not a rare drop, actually quite common. Maybe they are more frequent with some mobs, but I wouldn't know what to tell you. Try the golems, between Airport and Scrapyard, or the cultists, extreme south. My actual weapon is a crafted QL3 with a blue glyph of accuracy I got as a reward from a quest, but I didn't really work towards getting these things, they just fell on my hands.
Sorry, don't know what else to say.

EDIT: Checl the Council of Venice vendors. I can't check it myself right now, but they might have some kits for sale.

Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 30, 2012, 05:33:40 PM

The drop rate of crafting kits seems to be like 0.00000000001%. I've farmed so much above-zombie level mobs in Kingsmouth, I've yet to loot another weapon kit.

Drop rate of kits improve as you move along. Later one you dont know what to do with those damn things
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 30, 2012, 06:52:40 PM

I'll check these areas then.

--edit: Heh, that was almost too easy. Not fighting these things near the scrapyard with a QL1, but the first one I engaged dropped a QL3 shotgun, and the second one immediately after a QL3 assault rifle. Both with decent glyphs.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 07:29:42 PM by TripleDES »

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #28 on: June 30, 2012, 08:52:51 PM

The drops in the early part of Kingsmouth are paltry compared to what they were in beta.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 01, 2012, 02:16:05 AM

Server downtime already.  Looks like they're nerfing the quest rewards from the pvp areas.  Can't say I blame them.  I got 15 ability points yesterday and 13 today from about an hours worth of pvp.  Its nice, but it is a little much imo.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 01, 2012, 03:00:54 AM

Game launch : The point at which you start doing balancing.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 01, 2012, 03:06:13 AM

Server downtime already.  Looks like they're nerfing the quest rewards from the pvp areas.  Can't say I blame them.  I got 15 ability points yesterday and 13 today from about an hours worth of pvp.  Its nice, but it is a little much imo.

I didn't get to try this but it sounds like the problem was the PvP quests didn't have scaling XP rewards?   It takes 1052 AP to fill a weapon tree so 15 per hour wouldn't be excessive at higher "levels".   Hopefully it will still be viable compared to the higher difficulty content.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 01, 2012, 04:39:53 AM

I wonder if they get the tradepost fixed for release.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: July 01, 2012, 09:12:03 AM

Their google research plan appears to have hit the obvious hitch already.  Anytime you run into a puzzle now it's just going to auto-complete you to a relevant forum post basically telling you the answer.   Curious if they'll start deleting threads that even have hints.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: July 01, 2012, 04:06:59 PM

Must be some regional thing, I get a whole lotta mirrored content shit, whenever I try.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Early Start Thread  
Jump to: