Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:39:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: LOTRO now available on Steam 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LOTRO now available on Steam  (Read 7429 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

on: June 06, 2012, 05:19:34 PM

FYI, just saw this is now part of the games on Steam's f2p list as of today.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 08:56:39 PM

It also has a "steam starter pack" on 50% discount that can be applied to an existing account. It looks like it's the same as was in the "Mithril" pack which never hit Australian retail. A decorative mount, 3 quest packs, talisman giving bonus monster XP up to 65 and 1000 turbine points for 15$ made it a good deal.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 07:59:54 PM

If you do that, will you then need to launch lotro via steam, or can you use your existing install?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 08:53:23 AM

I don't think it makes any difference, since I suspect even with the steam version you'll need to make a lotro account.

In any case you can apply the starter pack to an existing lotro account as it gives you a CD key you can use to add it to your account.

- Simond
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 10:39:09 AM

I am playing it now.

It's clunky in combat but I don't have the story parts. Soon I will be grinding for Turbine points, I guess.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 08:22:24 PM

I am playing it now.

It's clunky in combat but I don't have the story parts. Soon I will be grinding for Turbine points, I guess.

The combat is much less twitchy then WoW.  I actually prefer it over button mashing.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 07:52:49 AM

The combat is soporific... at least on my loremaster. Soloing uses only about 3-5 skills. The Minstrel is a bit more entertaining.

- Simond
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: LOTRO now available on Steam  
Jump to: