Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 11:52:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: LOTRO now available on Steam 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LOTRO now available on Steam  (Read 1659 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

on: June 06, 2012, 07:19:34 PM

FYI, just saw this is now part of the games on Steam's f2p list as of today.

I'll pre order you SWTOR if you let me put my lightsaber in your sarlaac cave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWb3cxA4g_U&feature=related
Shame Is a component of the Discount - k3b2h3g46c0a
Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things. - Schild
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 10:56:39 PM

It also has a "steam starter pack" on 50% discount that can be applied to an existing account. It looks like it's the same as was in the "Mithril" pack which never hit Australian retail. A decorative mount, 3 quest packs, talisman giving bonus monster XP up to 65 and 1000 turbine points for 15$ made it a good deal.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 09:59:54 PM

If you do that, will you then need to launch lotro via steam, or can you use your existing install?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 10:53:23 AM

I don't think it makes any difference, since I suspect even with the steam version you'll need to make a lotro account.

In any case you can apply the starter pack to an existing lotro account as it gives you a CD key you can use to add it to your account.

- Simond
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 12:39:09 PM

I am playing it now.

It's clunky in combat but I don't have the story parts. Soon I will be grinding for Turbine points, I guess.

CPA, Sports blogger, Mount and Blade enthusiast
Braves by the Numbers, my sports blog
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 10:22:24 PM

I am playing it now.

It's clunky in combat but I don't have the story parts. Soon I will be grinding for Turbine points, I guess.

The combat is much less twitchy then WoW.  I actually prefer it over button mashing.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 09:52:49 AM

The combat is soporific... at least on my loremaster. Soloing uses only about 3-5 skills. The Minstrel is a bit more entertaining.

- Simond
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: LOTRO now available on Steam  
Jump to: