Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:39:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Spartacus: War of the Damned (season 3) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spartacus: War of the Damned (season 3)  (Read 8006 times)
Segoris
Terracotta Army

on: June 04, 2012, 09:43:17 AM

I know it's about half a year early for this, but S3 will be the final season for this show. Supposedly, it had even more viewers last season than the previous (and than the prequel), even with a new lead.

Great show series, and good on them for not dragging it out longer than they should. No doubt the last season will be just as awesome, as so far they haven't been a let down once they find their stride after the first two episodes of each season.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 09:35:00 AM

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 11:36:32 AM

Fuck. Yes.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 12:31:46 PM

Fuck. Yes.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I hope it has a happy ending!  why so serious?
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 02:30:35 PM

I always hope for happy endings Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 05:50:14 AM

Well, unless they take an Inglourious Basterds approach to it, then no, not a happy ending, but it will certainly be an awesome ending.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 05:54:03 AM

At least let's hope they manage to keep the level they're running at, and actually deliver something we consider as awesome. I'm just slightly afraid they've built up the expectations too much and end up flubbing it a little.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 06:02:06 AM

I want to be able to not be able to wait. I really didn't like Liam McIntyre.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 04:30:31 PM

The only thing wrong with him, imo, is that he is not Andy Whitfield.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 04:44:55 AM

I'm confused as to why you would differentiate.  The only slight difference is the new one played the character a lot less sympathetic and fun loving, but to be honest the script called for that anyway.

It's been a great run thus far and so well done, all things considered.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 06:07:44 AM

I haven't seen the recent season yet, but I don't remember Andy Whitfield being all that sympathetic (I mean, his plight is sympathetic, but he's kind of a dick about it, even to his friends), and certainly not fun loving.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 06:15:52 AM

Ok.  Now imagine LESS.

awesome, for real

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 09:50:04 PM

The Spartacus/Varro interactions, Spartacus teasing Crixus while he's recovering from his injuries from Theokoles, etc.; there were some playful elements in the earlier part of the first season before Spartacus's wife was killed. There are none of these things in season 2.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 07:55:56 AM

Watching your wife die in front of you and then brutally murdering everyone in the house might tend to do that.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 03:00:11 AM

This was my point.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 08:26:06 AM

Awesome - haven't been keeping up on this and had no idea S3 was starting up right away.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 08:30:23 PM

No discussion on this?

I think it's been pretty good. I've warmed up to Liam McIntyre as Spartacus somewhat, which improves the entire situation for me.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 09:45:06 AM

No Starz right now, so sadly haven't been watching this season.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 10:47:08 AM

It's only been one episode over here.  What to say ?

It's awesome and it's pretty much the exact same as the previous seasons - a wee hour of gratuitous awesome.

It hasn't really ramped up yet, so not much to add to that, except the wife likes Crixus and his new beard.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 01:59:28 PM

No discussion on this?

I think it's been pretty good. I've warmed up to Liam McIntyre as Spartacus somewhat, which improves the entire situation for me.

I like that the primary antagonist is being written as a fairly 'decent' (for this series anyway) guy and that they aren't dragging Spartacus's story out forever, instead opting to  as well.

Having fun this season, though I still miss Whitfield's Spartacus.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 03:14:48 PM

Everyone familiar with the series does, I think.

I'll probably end up owning the DVDs of the first two seasons. Yes, I also loved the mini Gannicus season.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 08:06:18 PM

So and then I was getting pretty sick of Naveah.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 12:06:53 PM

Loved the first season, loved the mini-season ... I bogged down at first with the second season, but managed to get in to it, and have really enjoyed season 3.

I'm interested to see what they do for the finale ... will they have Spartacus and Roman hottie slip away (as his body was never found, historically)?

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all." - GlaDOS
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 12:37:18 PM

You're not the only one who was thinking along those lines.

Trouble with that, it really, really, really makes him look like a tit, given what happened to Crixus.

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 12:46:28 PM

You're not the only one who was thinking along those lines.

Trouble with that, it really, really, really makes him look like a tit, given what happened to Crixus.
Easy enough to handle, just need him severely injured in a way that makes it obvious he can't keep leading a slave rebellion.  Losing a leg would do it.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 02:19:38 PM

Loved the first season, loved the mini-season ... I bogged down at first with the second season, but managed to get in to it, and have really enjoyed season 3.

I feel the same way about the series.

I might go rewatch Season 2 at some point. I've been told I just wasn't giving it a chance because of the new Spartacus.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 04:38:52 AM

I feel the same way about the series.

I might go rewatch Season 2 at some point. I've been told I just wasn't giving it a chance because of the new Spartacus.

I just think Season 2 wasn't that good overall. Even Season 3 I don't think is particularly great, but both seasons have had a few really good episodes (the last couple in particular) and Crassus, Caesar, and Tiberius have all been good this season as well. Dealing with a new Spartacus was hard, but they also lost a lot of good characters from Season 1, and the only one they ever really added was Gannicus who was pretty great in the prequel but a bit underused at times in following Seasons. Agron seemed a little more dull without his brother around, and has just never ended up being an interesting character to me. I think the actress they got to replace the original Naevia has been absolutely horrible and I hate just about every second she's on screen due to her one-note portrayal of the character. Couldn't really stand Lucretia coming back for Season 2.  Even the necessary moving away from the arena setting was a big loss which the most recent episode highlighted. To me the show is really good at the times when it's moving the overall plot forward, but the rest of it is fairly forgettable. I don't hate it, and I'm reasonably entertained when watching it, but it's nowhere close to the level of the first season, due to more reasons than the loss of Whitfield.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 07:01:27 AM

This season is not on iTunes. Anyone have an idea as to why?

I have never played WoW.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 08:04:32 AM

Kore has far too nice a pair of tits for ITunes.

Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 08:57:12 AM

I just think Season 2 wasn't that good overall. Even Season 3 I don't think is particularly great, but both seasons have had a few really good episodes (the last couple in particular) and Crassus, Caesar, and Tiberius have all been good this season as well. Dealing with a new Spartacus was hard, but they also lost a lot of good characters from Season 1, and the only one they ever really added was Gannicus who was pretty great in the prequel but a bit underused at times in following Seasons. Agron seemed a little more dull without his brother around, and has just never ended up being an interesting character to me. I think the actress they got to replace the original Naevia has been absolutely horrible and I hate just about every second she's on screen due to her one-note portrayal of the character. Couldn't really stand Lucretia coming back for Season 2.  Even the necessary moving away from the arena setting was a big loss which the most recent episode highlighted. To me the show is really good at the times when it's moving the overall plot forward, but the rest of it is fairly forgettable. I don't hate it, and I'm reasonably entertained when watching it, but it's nowhere close to the level of the first season, due to more reasons than the loss of Whitfield.

Good points, I generally agree.

I think it was Glaber who ruined Season 2 for me. I could never take him seriously as a villain, even in Season 1 (where they wisely kept him offscreen most of the time). He just seemed like 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag to me from the get-go.

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 11, 2013, 12:43:16 PM

The last couple episodes have been fucking awesome. 

I am the .00000001428%
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 13, 2013, 12:28:02 PM

Yeah, that made me cry.

I am the .00000001428%
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: April 13, 2013, 03:11:35 PM

Some TV showrunners and Game designers should take notes. Thats how you make a finale.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 14, 2013, 08:31:53 PM

That was awesome.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 15, 2013, 06:04:47 AM

Agreed.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Spartacus: War of the Damned (season 3)  
Jump to: