Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:07:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2012/2013 F13 Fantasy Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012/2013 F13 Fantasy Football  (Read 59290 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #245 on: June 06, 2013, 01:11:37 PM

Definite improvement over what I usually get stuck with.  I had Cutleritis for the longest time.  Before then it was a bad case of the McNabbs.  Fucking Donovan McNabb.  Guy would tear it up for the first 10-11 weeks then sprain his colon and watch his team limp into the playoffs carrying a clipboard.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #246 on: June 06, 2013, 01:12:53 PM

I don't know, Romo seems to do a good job of fucking up games every other week too.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: June 06, 2013, 01:13:17 PM

It's easy to fix.  Just have all players on waiver until Tuesday of the following week.  That way pickups are given based on waiver rank and not who can grab them during the ongoing game.

This.   All 4 of my leagues last year did  this and it  just makes it  more fair.   Count me interested in money league  and/or keeper as well.
WayAbvPar

Reply #248 on: June 06, 2013, 01:14:01 PM

I don't know, Romo seems to do a good job of fucking up games every other week too.

Yeah but his stats are still gaudy. As a fantasy owner, you don't give a shit if the Cowboys win or lose, just that Romo threw for 300+ and 3 TDs.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #249 on: June 06, 2013, 01:18:49 PM

I still found it funny that Haemish missed the draft last season and got stuck with Eli and Alex Smith.   why so serious?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #250 on: June 06, 2013, 01:18:58 PM

It helps Romo that they have an awful running game, an outstanding set of receivers, and were often down early.  Lot of garbage time scoring and comeback attempts, all through the air.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 01:20:36 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #251 on: June 06, 2013, 01:39:19 PM

So who's setting up the Mythical Champions League?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #252 on: June 06, 2013, 01:48:10 PM

Do we have 12 champions?

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: June 06, 2013, 01:51:36 PM

Do we have 12 champions?

Hmmm.

Aren't there two leagues with a total of like 26 teams from last year?
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: June 06, 2013, 02:03:39 PM

It helps Romo that they have an awful running game, an outstanding set of receivers, and were often down early.  Lot of garbage time scoring and comeback attempts, all through the air.

I don't know about saying he's good because of an awful running game, or if I'm ready to be calling their running game awful just yet since, fantasy wise, he has his best games when the running game is doing well. Except of course week 16 which was a pure shootout between Romo and Brees while not a single fuck was given about any running game on that day.

As for free agency/waviers and kids vs no kids - Isn't that more to do with Yahoo's waiver UI? I seem to remember only being allowed to setup 1 transaction per player ahead of the waiver claim time, whereas ESPN allows you to try and drop the same player for multiple picks and you get the first one which is available
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: June 06, 2013, 02:14:43 PM

Do we have 12 champions?

Hmmm.

Yes, but there are some people playing in both (4-5 maybe?), so that 26 drops down a bit.

As for a Champion's League, that would be cool. Otherwise I was thinking about the spots where people get to play in both leagues and how those could go to the winners and commisioners first, but the problem with that is it would require removing someone from the primary league for a JV winner to play in the Primary - and I am not sure how well that would go as the JV league and people playing in both were doing so to help meet the demand. Of course, we all know it's developed further than that and is now the better of the two leagues Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: June 06, 2013, 02:22:54 PM

Do we have 12 champions?

Hmmm.

Yes, but there are some people playing in both (4-5 maybe?), so that 26 drops down a bit.

As for a Champion's League, that would be cool. Otherwise I was thinking about the spots where people get to play in both leagues and how those could go to the winners and commisioners first, but the problem with that is it would require removing someone from the primary league for a JV winner to play in the Primary - and I am not sure how well that would go as the JV league and people playing in both were doing so to help meet the demand. Of course, we all know it's developed further than that and is now the better of the two leagues Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Heh.

You're saying we should structure it so that the worst two in each league get bumped down and the best two in each league get bumped up each year?!

JV -> Regular -> Champions $
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: June 06, 2013, 06:04:24 PM

That is the issue I'm having problems with and want to avoid, but I also would like to find a way to mix up some competition as I know there are some in the primary league I haven't gone against and think it would be fun.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: June 06, 2013, 06:30:13 PM

I finished 2nd the last two years.  Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #259 on: June 06, 2013, 08:34:43 PM

I was 3rd the year before winning. Also, you absolutely thrashed my team in the first couple of weeks. Things turned around a lot late.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: June 06, 2013, 10:34:28 PM

I think I always pretty much finish second as well.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2012/2013 F13 Fantasy Football  
Jump to: