Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:48:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Your Impressions: Good, bad, or ugly 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Impressions: Good, bad, or ugly  (Read 15393 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: May 27, 2012, 08:17:48 AM

If it wasn't called "Diablo" it'd probably be considered one-dimensional and boring, and people would be wondering why they paid $60 for it.

I said this, people got upset.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 27, 2012, 08:23:55 AM

I think that depends on the person. If I get a drop with awesome stats but not for my class I still get excited, even if I'm just converting it to money to buy the gear that actually is for my class. Farming gear or farming gold, if it all ends up in the same place it makes no difference to me.

Sometimes in Diablo 2 if i get a really exceptional drop I'd create a new character to level up JUST so I could use it.  I think part of the problem is most people aren't at the end game yet to be honest.  Gear used to be as central to builds as skill points, but the game is so young that it hasn't matured to that level yet.  Part of this is that  Blizzard needs to fix sets/legendaries, fair enough.  But I get the sense that a lot of people are complaining and haven't even hit that part of the game yet.  I guess I'm just happy I played Diablo 2 almost exclusively on closed battle.net and traded extensively.  Loot farming was almost always about trade value, not upgrades.  It is clear that with Diablo 3 they are emulating specifically that style of playing Diablo and it really is a genuine surprise to me (or at least was when people started talking about it pre-release on these boards) how many people never really played D2 that way.

All of that said, I'd also say that people are way over playing this this whole "nothing worth using drops" thing.  Aside from my weapon I'm using almost exclusively things that have dropped for me on my Demon Hunter, and completed Hell difficulty yesterday with that gear set.  I COULD buy some upgrades from the AH, but the things that are upgrades at this point on the AH are generally speaking a bit more expensive than I'd like to pay for stuff that I don't consider to be truly my end game gear.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #37 on: May 27, 2012, 10:24:15 AM

If it wasn't called "Diablo" it'd probably be considered one-dimensional and boring, and people would be wondering why they paid $60 for it.

I said this, people got upset.

People don't respond as much to Bloodworthed posts.  why so serious?

-Rasix
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #38 on: May 27, 2012, 10:27:12 AM

I'm already bored. So much for Robot Jesus.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Sir Fodder
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 27, 2012, 10:55:04 AM

Good:
Fun skills and combat, especially the mass mob slaughterings possible with some builds.
Great animations.
Fantastic environment art and sounds.

Bad:
Auction house snafus and downtime.
Auction house - there should be offline mode, I'd enjoy the game more as a solo stand alone with no AH but better drops.
Shitty shit communications from Blizzard, an air of arrogance seems to waft. They need a CS revamp/blowout bigtime.
Some lagginess/rubberbanding.
Crappy asian mmog character select screen art and HH environment art.
Belial and some of the other boss fights, not enough feedback or ability to strategize.
Lack of UI and sound customization.
There is just one loot drop sound and it is way too low in the mix.

Ugly:
Wanting to buy a bunch of gems just before commodity auctions went down "temporarily" days ago.
I made the mistake of perusing the official forums, whoa holy shit. Think you maybe want to take a break from the game and get some fresh air? - go read the forums.
There is supposedly some big message from Blizz coming out tomorrow.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 27, 2012, 11:42:33 AM

+1

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 27, 2012, 11:56:22 AM

+1

+2.  Also because my acct got hacked; then when I tried to automate recovery I get a nice 'system error.'   Ohhhhh, I see.
Let's see how quick they are with this, since I cant play of course until this is done.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 27, 2012, 12:13:37 PM

I got bored before act 3.  This game is 10 years too late. 
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: May 27, 2012, 12:53:36 PM

The game gets better in Nightmare mode... if you can slog through normal mode. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #44 on: May 27, 2012, 01:05:02 PM

I had a really good first few days, but overall I'm bored, too.  I'm starting to fall asleep when playing it.

The people I work with that play are falling into two categories: Those that are disappointed and are holding off for a miracle patch, and those that straight-out quit and are pissed.  There's literally nobody out of 15 people playing that are extolling the virtues.  There's simply something "off" with it, and I can't entirely put my finger on it.  

The bad:
Lag - I shouldn't be rubberbanding around the screen.
AH - It's down more than it's up.
AH/itemization - pure upgrades should come from playing the game, not playing the AH.

The good:  
The first few Wow! moments.
Most of the classes are interesting.
Most of it is pretty.
I think the skill system is a really good upgrade, though respec fees are needed to give a sense of finality to choice.

Cataclysm and D3 confirmed to me that the Blizzard we once knew is no longer there and hasn't been since Activision took over (no coincidence, I'm sure).  

Now we can go on and on about how we've changed and there's nothing wrong with D3.  But I can still log into D2 and have a good time, yet D3 I'm not.  
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 27, 2012, 01:59:34 PM

I'm having a bit more fun on my 60 monk after going back to Hell. I'm actually able to rip through many enemies quickly, while minion packs still give me a challenge. It feels much more like a Diablo game. However, the loot is balls. I sell 99% to a merchant and put the 1% really, really decent pieces up on the AH in hopes I sell them for a few thousand. I guess my goal is to save up enough gold to buy decent gear so I can progress through Inferno, but I'm slowly losing the will to even do that.

My first Unique dropped in Inferno. A unique polearm. I was so happy, I was expecting maybe a Bonehew (tons of damage, prevent monster heal, bone spear on striking, attack speed)
or maybe a Reapers Toll (ignore targets defense, deadly strike, freeze on hit and decrepify proc)

But nope, level 58 polearm with 360 DPS. Hooray!
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: May 27, 2012, 03:07:32 PM

The game gets better in Nightmare mode... if you can slog through normal mode. 
Until act 3 or so when you better go buy some +10 running boots and practice your kiting moves.
Ivanneth
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: May 29, 2012, 12:07:41 PM

Everything's pretty much been covered, but I wanted to throw this out there -

What I loved: Zoltan Kulle's unnecessary maniacal laughter every time he disappears. If I could vanish in a puff of smoke like that, I would cackle every time too.
Sir Fodder
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: May 29, 2012, 01:26:17 PM

It cracked me up that when I turned the voice volume to zero everyone shut up but there was Zoltan, still doing his cackle.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #49 on: May 29, 2012, 01:44:49 PM

Everything's pretty much been covered, but I wanted to throw this out there -

What I loved: Zoltan Kulle's unnecessary maniacal laughter every time he disappears. If I could vanish in a puff of smoke like that, I would cackle every time too.

Yeah this, he's probably my favorite new guy.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
FieryBalrog
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: May 29, 2012, 01:53:35 PM

Liking Nightmare and Hell a LOT more than normal mode.

Normal mode is just boring.

Now we can go on and on about how we've changed and there's nothing wrong with D3.  But I can still log into D2 and have a good time, yet D3 I'm not.  
I doubt most of the people saying this have played D2 recently. Also, getting top level drops in D2 without trading (read: using AH in this game) was 100% impossible unless you did the duping yourself.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:55:50 PM by FieryBalrog »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Your Impressions: Good, bad, or ugly  
Jump to: