Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:47:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Hardcore Discussion/Graveyard 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hardcore Discussion/Graveyard  (Read 51781 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #175 on: June 26, 2012, 01:23:45 PM

Revenge is all of your moment to moment AE dmg, and if you need more AE for champ packs, then it's Wrath/Earthquake.

Once you hit the 30% Revenge rune, really, it'll be up all the time.

Save for that one moment you REALLY NEED IT TO LIGHT THE FUCK UP.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: June 26, 2012, 04:02:48 PM

yeah, I didn't find that to be the case either, so I went back to the rune that gives health.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #177 on: June 26, 2012, 05:23:46 PM

As predicted, Hubris slew me in Act4...

What was originally going to be a small 30 minute session turned into an hour and a half at 1am and a unique Succubi and all her cohorts slew me.

I probably could have escaped but fatigue affected my reaction and I paniced...

I like Hardcore, but I don't think I'll be able to grind Act 1-4 with the same character and none of the other classes call to me so I'll be taking a break from D3...
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #178 on: June 26, 2012, 06:21:15 PM

My condolences :( 60 is tough to get, I lost my first DH to a brain fart at lvl 34.

Hey, we should get some f13ers to level up to Act II with some new characters and pick a night or two to play. Any takers?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 06:31:03 PM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: June 26, 2012, 06:31:59 PM

As predicted, Hubris slew me in Act4...

What was originally going to be a small 30 minute session turned into an hour and a half at 1am and a unique Succubi and all her cohorts slew me.

I probably could have escaped but fatigue affected my reaction and I paniced...

I like Hardcore, but I don't think I'll be able to grind Act 1-4 with the same character and none of the other classes call to me so I'll be taking a break from D3...

Strangely, I had no desire to play WD but tried it. Freakin' love the class now. Give it one more go! :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: June 28, 2012, 12:21:15 PM

My condolences :( 60 is tough to get, I lost my first DH to a brain fart at lvl 34.

Hey, we should get some f13ers to level up to Act II with some new characters and pick a night or two to play. Any takers?

I just hit Act II with my Demonhunter, but my playtime is quite random.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: June 28, 2012, 12:55:10 PM

Yeah, looks like I'ma keep pluggin' away with this wizard... up to 43! Woo

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: July 04, 2012, 02:43:24 AM

I rerolled my barb, and reached level 30 just now. Azmodan down, Act IV next!

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: July 04, 2012, 09:38:32 PM

Bit it at 53. Sucks cause I had a stash of lvl 54 goodies. Ran into a pack of Shielding Desecrating Frozen that freeze locked me and chewed me up.

A couple days of mourning then maybe I'll roll a barb. Kinda loosing a bit of steam.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: July 04, 2012, 11:08:40 PM

Yeah, I'm slowly working through my new Monk...

What does the Archive button do for dead Heroes?
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: July 05, 2012, 12:18:59 AM

Having seen how fast my WD is chewing through on normal mode, I'm really tempted to try a hardcore toon.

I don't know how they rate in NM/Hell but the garg/doggies seems to be a decent meat shield.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: July 05, 2012, 04:09:06 AM

Yeah, I'm slowly working through my new Monk...

What does the Archive button do for dead Heroes?

It puts them into a tab in your account Profile. The "Hall of Fallen Heroes".

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: July 05, 2012, 05:10:28 AM

Having seen how fast my WD is chewing through on normal mode, I'm really tempted to try a hardcore toon.

I don't know how they rate in NM/Hell but the garg/doggies seems to be a decent meat shield.
Normal mode is pretty faceroll for just about anything.  I just recently started my first hardcore character, a barbarian.  His gear is entirely from drops or stuff bought from the in town vendors, and is nowhere near uber optimized for Hardcore (im still rocking some gear i am like 10 levels over by now, dont have pure hardcore Vitality + strength on all my blues or anything, heck, i have something like 58% magic find), and I have pretty much steamrolled my way through everything.  I mean, on Belial, I basicly just stood right infront of the boss and wailed away.  Never moved at all other then to occasionally sidestep to pick up a health orb. 

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: July 05, 2012, 08:04:41 AM

WD was my favorite class as of yet to play in HC. Good escape, a great HC passive, and meat shields (as mentioned). Give it a go, I had 63 hours of fun with mine. Once you hit 40, run vision quest. Spam to win.

Lightstalker
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: July 05, 2012, 12:43:43 PM

My Barb made 60 and I've got a Monk to 28 now.  I'm a bit reluctant to get to Inferno on my Barb, at least before I've cleared out the end of Hell in Normal mode on a Barb (yeah, my highest level Barb is HC).  Monk after 20 has been dangerously easy to play, could definitely see complacency being an issue for more dangerous encounters.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: July 05, 2012, 12:59:38 PM

My Barbarian is now level 31, and I finished off Normal Mode.
This is only my second character to get played all the way through Act IV. The other being my non-hardcore Wizard.

On to Nightmare!

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: July 05, 2012, 01:02:55 PM

I like to shop before bumping difficulty, just to be safe :) Good luck! Don't die like me!

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: July 05, 2012, 05:18:09 PM

My Barb made 60 and I've got a Monk to 28 now.  I'm a bit reluctant to get to Inferno on my Barb, at least before I've cleared out the end of Hell in Normal mode on a Barb (yeah, my highest level Barb is HC).  Monk after 20 has been dangerously easy to play, could definitely see complacency being an issue for more dangerous encounters.

Yep, you can definitely get careless very very quickly with Monk. One thing that is a bad habit I think is upgrading your weapon but not your armour. I picked up a great weapon from the AH in Act II and was using all the way to Act IV... I was still smashing mobs but my life actually dropped in big discrete chunks. This meant I played a minigame of killing them faster than they can kill me before health globes restore my life.

Of course this can be fixed by being always being vigilant...
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: July 05, 2012, 07:24:00 PM

This is precisely what killed my Monk at 48 -- I was kind of waiting until I finished Nightmare to upgrade, but forgot that Act IV actually represents a substantial increase in difficulty, even on Nightmare. That combined with playing a Hardcore character first thing after waking up led to a rather untimely, anticlimactic death. That and the fact that Monks really don't have a solution to the whole Waller-puts-a-wall-on-top-of-you, aka. Jailer-but-it-lasts-for-eight-seconds thing. WTB non-buggy abilities and/or better escape skills.

Lightstalker
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: July 05, 2012, 10:21:02 PM

I've seen that, as well as invisible mobs. 

In other news, the Punch-Teleport works while in Jail.  You just end up in Jail at the new location   awesome, for real

Monk up to 33 clearing Act 4 Normal with ease, Barb sitting in Hell Act 2 awaiting inspiration.
Lightstalker
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: July 18, 2012, 08:26:08 PM

Inferno, clearing the 3 Dark Berserker event in Wortham.   Fear -> Jail -> 3x Overhand Smash.

I was really dreading this encounter (and the Road to Alcanus dude too), these guys are real trouble for me.  33k health, 10k armor, 10k dps, 24% block, 24% dodge; gone in one combo I couldn't do anything about.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #196 on: July 18, 2012, 11:46:03 PM

I'm working on a new generation of characters. Looking for people to play with if I don't already have you friendlisted...

L49 Monk (act4 nm), committed to a 3-man group that is on hiatus until they get over TSW. I may say fuck that and press on though if they keep me waiting much longer.

L40 DH (act2 nm), feeling a bit lost on this one. Pretty much shelved until I pick a new build and/or regear her.

L32 Barb (act 4 normal), sooooo overgeared. I may die on this guy because content in act3 was so freaking trivial it has lulled me to sleep.

L30 Wiz (act 3 normal), needs work on plan/build/gear, this character is a little lost atm, doesn't help I love certain spells and hate other ones. Thinking of getting a 24/7 disintegrate build working. Or at least setting one up for future levels maybe. I'm quite gunshy after feeling pretty randomed out in act2 nm on a 40 wiz just because AE destroyed my fps.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: July 19, 2012, 07:24:20 AM

Nice job getting that barb to inferno, Light. Mine bit it around 46 by those teleporter dudes in the Heart of Sin. I forgot I was a Barb for a sec and tried to kite instead of fight.

Damn Hoax, I'm kinda on break now (playing some Day-Z) but will eventually play some more HC at some point. Maybe our paths will cross then!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Hardcore Discussion/Graveyard  
Jump to: