Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:33:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Oooga Booga (Witch Doctor Thread) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oooga Booga (Witch Doctor Thread)  (Read 104597 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #140 on: June 18, 2013, 11:16:53 AM

Did they take out the enormous wall of NO between Act 1 and 2 of Inferno? I haven't played in soooo long.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: June 18, 2013, 11:33:36 AM

Did they take out the enormous wall of NO between Act 1 and 2 of Inferno? I haven't played in soooo long.

That has been gone for a long time, and difficulty in inferno is more of a self serve sort of thing now using the monster power system. If you just want to see the content you do inferno with no monster power, if you want to stab yourself in the dick repeatedly while licking battery acid and electrifying your titties, then you choose MP10 Inferno.

Monster Power 1 is still pretty easy but it regulates loot much better, it makes sure you are getting ilevel 60 or higher most of the time i think or something like that. The varying levels of monster power also come with exp bonuses, magic and gold find bonuses as well as increasing or decreasing the monster difficulty.

I play monster power 2 while leveling up, it increases the challenge of leveling nicely.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: June 18, 2013, 11:40:31 AM

That has been gone for a long time, and difficulty in inferno is more of a self serve sort of thing now using the monster power system. If you just want to see the content you do inferno with no monster power, if you want to stab yourself in the dick repeatedly while licking battery acid and electrifying your titties, then you choose MP10 Inferno.

Monster Power 1 is still pretty easy but it regulates loot much better, it makes sure you are getting ilevel 60 or higher most of the time i think or something like that. The varying levels of monster power also come with exp bonuses, magic and gold find bonuses as well as increasing or decreasing the monster difficulty.

I play monster power 2 while leveling up, it increases the challenge of leveling nicely.

Thanks for the info. I lost interest about the time I was trying Act 2 on my Barbie. Now I may have to jump back into it and finish out the inferno on her and my DH.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #143 on: June 18, 2013, 11:46:33 AM

That sounds like an interesting spec. Do you have a link to it?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Thorgrim-1313/hero/589774

I backed off on the thorns some when I realized it wasn't helping that much but I've still got 4700 or so, life regen is like 1100ish. I've got acid cloud there but I don't spam it, and I forgot I had changed grasp of the dead to the corpse rain thing. The dogs and zombies are on their damage over time auras as well, the basic idea is I could just pile everything onto Diablo and he'd take lots of damage over time from the wall/grasp/acid cloud/pet auras while I run around dodging his bullshit. The bouncing skulls are more for dealing with everything on the way to him, I don't really spend a lot of time left clicking in that fight outside of the shadow clone guy.

EDIT: I was actually using slow burn with acid cloud when I did Diablo, not corpse bomb.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:49:16 AM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: June 18, 2013, 11:46:54 AM

I've been levelling on MP10 and I find it much, much more enjoyable.

Is that wrong ?  The whole thing's still easy as fuck, so I'm a little confused here.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: June 18, 2013, 11:47:05 AM

Thanks for the info. I lost interest about the time I was trying Act 2 on my Barbie. Now I may have to jump back into it and finish out the inferno on her and my DH.

The only heads up I think you need is to be prepared for inflation. 1 to 10 million gold should get you just good enough gear to farm monster power 2 maybe 3. However there is a weird tipping point where other than an occasionally good deal most serious upgrades to get into the mp5 + are in the hundreds of millions of gold per piece sort of deal.  However in the last couple of days I have been lucky enough to loot some stuff that sold for 600 million gold. So its not hopeless. Also public games are where its at. Do not solo farm, its a complete waste of time. Public games get very nice bonuses to exp and magic and gold find, this stacks with the stacking boss kill buff that also grants exp, magic and gold find bonuses.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: June 18, 2013, 11:48:10 AM

Is that wrong ?  The whole thing's still easy as fuck, so I'm a little confused here.

That's not wrong. At least you have the option to make it as enjoyable as possible, instead of the way it used to be.

Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: June 18, 2013, 11:48:57 AM

The only heads up I think you need is to be prepared for inflation. 1 to 10 million gold should get you just good enough gear to farm monster power 2 maybe 3. However there is a weird tipping point where other than an occasionally good deal most serious upgrades to get into the mp5 + are in the hundreds of millions of gold per piece sort of deal.  However in the last couple of days I have been lucky enough to loot some stuff that sold for 600 million gold. So its not hopeless. Also public games are where its at. Do not solo farm, its a complete waste of time. Public games get very nice bonuses to exp and magic and gold find, this stacks with the stacking boss kill buff that also grants exp, magic and gold find bonuses.

Well shit - since I haven't played in what, almost a year? I doubt my gear is even close to working on either of my 60s.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: June 18, 2013, 12:14:11 PM

I'm in the same boat, but honestly it is easier to get some gold when you first get back in game by running Act 3, Act 4, or Vault of the Arcane on MP0. My WD was stripped down basically, I spent about 100k on minor upgrades and ran mp0 Acts 1-3 without issue and almost all of Act 4. All of Act 2 and Act 3 solo gained a couple 100k just vendoring anything which sold for over 2k gold and salvaging everything under 2k gold for crafting mats. While it's not much, it is enough to get a few pieces of upgrades and I probably would have been better off just public grouping for more coin and better loot.

So don't worry too much
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: June 18, 2013, 12:20:25 PM

I'm in the same boat, but honestly it is easier to get some gold when you first get back in game by running Act 3, Act 4, or Vault of the Arcane on MP0. My WD was stripped down basically, I spent about 100k on minor upgrades and ran mp0 Acts 1-3 without issue and almost all of Act 4. All of Act 2 and Act 3 solo gained a couple 100k just vendoring anything which sold for over 2k gold and salvaging everything under 2k gold for crafting mats. While it's not much, it is enough to get a few pieces of upgrades and I probably would have been better off just public grouping for more coin and better loot.

So don't worry too much

Last look, I had decent gear for back then and I have about 400k in gold. I might start screwing around once a week on this. Thanks for the advice.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #150 on: June 18, 2013, 03:09:41 PM

Build link?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: June 19, 2013, 12:09:59 AM

Um, if you're interested in my shitty levelling, sure.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ironwood-2511/hero/6085426

why so serious?

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: June 19, 2013, 08:18:58 AM

So don't worry too much

Last look, I had decent gear for back then and I have about 400k in gold. I might start screwing around once a week on this. Thanks for the advice.

There is an awful lot of gear at 60 that a returning 60 from a year ago would find to be far better than what they had, and cheap. I think I spent less than 200k on much better gear to get through inferno (until I changed my spec for Diablo and bought different gear). I started with 1.5mil gold and ended with 27mil after a couple of weeks, in which I got my 58 wiz to 60, leveled my 19 barbarian to 60, and took my 60 WD to paragon 3 or 4 to inferno Diablo.

Most of the gold was made flipping leveling items that I bought for a song for my characters to level with. An awful lot of people toss stuff up on the AH without a buyout, and an awful lot of people will pay hundreds of thousands or a million or two for something with a buyout, that cost 5k or 10k. This is not Paelos level auction housing, but just regular items/stuff.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #153 on: June 19, 2013, 08:34:59 AM

Most of my flipping started in that range. Here's a good flipping tactic for making hundreds of thousands off basically a minimal outlay.

There are bots or idiots that post things on the AH for vendor value. I like to sort by time, find those things with any decent sets of stats on them, and buy them up en masse. The reason being, there's no downside. If it doesn't sell or it sucks, you vendor it for a 100% return on your money. If it's worth anything, I usually found a comparable item, posted that flipped item for 50% of listed value so it would sell almost immediately, and then repeated. It was about the volume play.

The reason people stop doing that is because you're making 1-2M a day doing that. At a stage when you're moving 150M in gold flipped for 500M, it's not worth doing anymore. However, it can build your gold supply up so you can move to the next mid-tier play, which is usually jewelry trading.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: June 19, 2013, 02:18:59 PM

Heh.  Zombie Bears.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: September 23, 2015, 08:33:33 AM

Finally got a Mask of Jeram, a Grin Reaper, and a Quetzocotl (or however it's spelled). Haven't used the last one yet, but I'm wearing the Mask of Jeram, using the cube power for Grin Reaper, and got one of those rings that changes immunities every few seconds. Switched from Zuni's set to Helltooth, changed up my build to a pet heavy build, and WHAM - now I can solo  Grift 36 (was maxed at Grift 26 with Zuni build).

Maybe I can grift higher if I'm careful and/or tweak my build.

Wow. Synergy is right. What a blast.

I also have the other two sets but haven't tried them yet. My weapon is the Rhen-something, with an ancient mojo.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: September 23, 2015, 08:54:44 AM

The Helltooth build with Grin reaper, jeram's bracers and the weapon that gives your acid cloud the lob whatever rune is a nice combo.  Also, focus and restraint are big time.
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: September 23, 2015, 09:00:24 AM

The Helltooth/zombie bear WD is insanely good.

That being said, Xanthippe, you will want to switch your weapon to a Skrimshaw and then ideally an good Thing of the Deep or Henri's for your mojo.

I have solo'd a 54 and I think I could push a 55/56 with the right layout. I feel like t10 is a good level for casual farming now.  I'm just trying to upgrade my focus/restraint and once I do that I think I can start looking at GRIFT 60's

You can see my build here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/stinkfist-1403/hero/65273089

*Note, Skrimshaw is easy to get. Just craft a yellow spear (sovereign disemboweler) and then upgrade in the cube and you will have a 50/50 chance at a Skrimshaw.  

Professional Forum Lurker.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: September 23, 2015, 10:44:52 AM

The Helltooth/zombie bear WD is insanely good.

That being said, Xanthippe, you will want to switch your weapon to a Skrimshaw and then ideally an good Thing of the Deep or Henri's for your mojo.

I have solo'd a 54 and I think I could push a 55/56 with the right layout. I feel like t10 is a good level for casual farming now.  I'm just trying to upgrade my focus/restraint and once I do that I think I can start looking at GRIFT 60's

You can see my build here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/stinkfist-1403/hero/65273089

*Note, Skrimshaw is easy to get. Just craft a yellow spear (sovereign disemboweler) and then upgrade in the cube and you will have a 50/50 chance at a Skrimshaw.  

Oh, that is awesome, thank you.

Nice build/gear - that is helpful. Nice kitten!

This is what I have as of right now.  http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Xanthippe-1829/hero/66734974
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: September 23, 2015, 05:52:15 PM

Once you get the gear for a build (or, even now), remember to visit the Mystic and re-roll the useless abilities of each piece of armor to get better abilities.  If you hover the mouse over each of his pieces, you'll notice that Stewie's re-rolled each of his armor pieces to either be better (increased vitality) or have a useful ability (crit chance / crit damage instead of "chance to deal 14% area damage on hit").
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: September 26, 2015, 06:58:40 PM

Oh, good idea, I forget to do that sometimes.

So I miss having +1 Death Breaths from the Sage's set, so I looked on Curse and found this. It's hilarious for bounty running. So fast with the angry chicken!

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/58546-deaths-breath-farming-with-manajumas-helltooth-and

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Oooga Booga (Witch Doctor Thread)  
Jump to: