Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:10:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: What class are you playing? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What class are you playing?  (Read 32938 times)
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #70 on: May 15, 2012, 11:58:41 AM

No worries.  Playing in a group is massively better than solo, at least with decent people (haven't tried any random public games yet).

Four people just rocks.  Was in a party with Furiously, Ghambit, and a coworker of mine earlier today.  Crazy fun.  Wizard, Monk, DH, WD.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: May 15, 2012, 12:00:41 PM

Just throwing this out there - I hate everyone lucky enough to be playing right now while the rest of the cool people are working. Ohhhhh, I see.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #72 on: May 15, 2012, 12:03:01 PM

Well, maybe this makes you feel better (kinda indirectly) -- I'm taking the week off (paid vacation), and my boss posts this today:
My team is allowed to call in sick today. No questions asked.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: May 15, 2012, 12:12:33 PM

I'm just keeping this webpage up at work. Almost like playing the real thing amirite?

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #74 on: May 15, 2012, 12:18:38 PM

Well, maybe this makes you feel better (kinda indirectly) -- I'm taking the week off (paid vacation), and my boss posts this today:
My team is allowed to call in sick today. No questions asked.

Must be nice.  I'm not sure my manager even has a personal PC. 

-Rasix
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: May 15, 2012, 12:20:49 PM

That's pretty sick Quinton.

And yeah Murdoc, if only it was interactive so whenever you enter any account/pword info it popped up an error window to fully simulate the experience awesome, for real
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #76 on: May 15, 2012, 12:52:50 PM

I LOVE the visual effect of Ray of Frost...hopefully it will be duplicated later on in a spell that is a bit more useful!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Oh yes, together with the auto-casting/continuous stream effect of the spell my sorceress feel like a walking plasma gun!

For anyone familiar with Starcraft 2, imagine a Protoss void ray wearing a skirt! Pew Pew!

Disintegrate.  Level 21.   It was in Ray of Frost's place earlier in the Beta and they moved it.  I always felt it was because Wizards refused to use any other spells.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: May 15, 2012, 02:34:13 PM

Disintergrate/Ray of Frost=the reasons I'm playing Wizard.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Disintergrate
Lvl 26-Convergence:  Widen that beam O'Death!
Lvl 30-Chaos Nexus:  40% wpn dmg to nearby enemies, isn't a damage field nice?
Lvl 39-Volatility:  Enemies killed by the beam have a 35% chance to explode, causing 395% wpn dmg to all with 8 yards
Lvl 48-Entrophy:  Turns into a cone!  And not a delicious icecream cone, a bitter tasting 178% WD cone of pwnage!
Lvl 59-Intensify:  Set phasers to overload, ramping damage up to 201% WD!
WayAbvPar

Reply #78 on: May 15, 2012, 02:44:10 PM

I LOVE the visual effect of Ray of Frost...hopefully it will be duplicated later on in a spell that is a bit more useful!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Oh yes, together with the auto-casting/continuous stream effect of the spell my sorceress feel like a walking plasma gun!

For anyone familiar with Starcraft 2, imagine a Protoss void ray wearing a skirt! Pew Pew!

Disintegrate.  Level 21.   It was in Ray of Frost's place earlier in the Beta and they moved it.  I always felt it was because Wizards refused to use any other spells.

Oh HELL yes. That will be all kinds of fun!

Starting to see the shortcomings of my lil girl wizard in Field of Misery. Her magic missile doesn't do well against groups, but the shock spell is clownshoes, so I died a couple of times until I learned to freeze, run away, forcewave, run away, etc. I need a big AOE with low mana ARCANE POWER cost.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: May 15, 2012, 02:45:22 PM

Yea - the difficulty seems to ramp up by a large factor right there. I got hit twice and was dead.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #80 on: May 15, 2012, 02:52:58 PM

Watch out for the fucking trees.  Those blooms they drop will take 10-20% health every second when they sprout. At least it seemed that way when it got wtfpwn'd by two gang banging me.

For wizards having AOE problems.. hit level 11  - Runed Arcane Orb.   Heart

Shot is too unpredictable, don't bother with it.  You're a young wizard, embrace the 'omgwtfRUN' of it.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #81 on: May 15, 2012, 02:58:36 PM

So, Monk: I've been playing it for 10 levels so far and ok, it's quite repetitive, but I LOVE the sense of "impact" (as it should be) the class gives when you fight.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
lesion

Reply #82 on: May 15, 2012, 03:06:28 PM

Yeah, I keep trying to switch it up and then almost die. So I'm sticking with teleporting AoE punches and knockback kicks with AoE heals, which is still freakin' awesome.

Think I'll play a non-HC hunter for when I don't want adrenaline spikes from mouseclicks.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: May 15, 2012, 04:56:25 PM

I'm just keeping this webpage up at work. Almost like playing the real thing amirite?

Thank you, now I feel like I'm playing instead of waiting for UPS to arrive. Still.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #84 on: May 15, 2012, 07:48:49 PM

Witchdoctor is fucking ridiculous. Dogs and toads are AoE silliness.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #85 on: May 15, 2012, 07:55:46 PM

Monk is pretty fun. They definitely toughened up the enemies from the beta so they don't just fall over in 1 hit now.

I'm kinda annoyed they removed so many weapons from the early item tables for the blacksmith. Actually, I'd kill for some blues to salvage at all, because they aren't wanting to drop.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #86 on: May 15, 2012, 08:39:41 PM

So far I've only tried the monk but I'm enjoying being the Jackie Chan of the underworld. Looking forward to trying the Demon Hunter.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #87 on: May 15, 2012, 08:42:02 PM

Try to avoid grouping with more than one witch doctor, there is shit flying everywhere and there are so many dogs and frogs and spiders and shit that I basically just stand in the middle of what APPEARS to be a group of mobs and swing my axe until everything stops moving or runs back to stand by the witch doctors.

On the other hand, my barbarian is <3.

God Save the Horn Players
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: May 15, 2012, 08:47:31 PM

Witchdoctor is fucking ridiculous. Dogs and toads are AoE silliness.

Yeah, WD is turning out to be even better than I thought it would be so far. I've gone with leaping spiders/charging zombie/fire bats (runed with dire bats) and soul harvest (runed for +mana) and things just melt. Only lvl 15 using the +mana passive and it's a good time. Cant wait for grusome feast + soul harvest + dire bats Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: May 15, 2012, 09:18:01 PM

Yah, I do believe I'm WD for life at this point.   But to echo Sjofn, the class is too flashy to have more than one.   I'll probably go with more of a control build down the road.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: May 15, 2012, 09:20:00 PM

I love WD even though it's a little weak in the early levels. It blows up stuff nicely.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: May 15, 2012, 09:33:59 PM

Started off with a Wiz and didn't like it too much at the start.  Picked up a Monk and holy shit it's awesome.
MournelitheCalix
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: May 15, 2012, 09:38:42 PM

demon hunter.

Born too late to explore the new world.
Born too early to explore the universe.
Born just in time to see liberty die.
schild
Administrator

Reply #93 on: May 15, 2012, 10:00:30 PM

I'm at 30% Magic Find on my barbarian. He's going to be my run through everything a million times lootwhore. Started him off on Normal non-hardcore. He'll move up through the difficulties, but once he's going, I'll start in on my actual HC Characters.

Have a Shadow Demon Hunter (whatever, fucking Archer/Rogue thing) named Vayne also. She smells black magics.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: May 16, 2012, 02:36:20 AM

Barbarian to start with, other classes as needed for using awesome loot that drops.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: May 16, 2012, 06:34:27 AM

Monk class is just so satisfying.  Before the servers took a shit last night, I got the teleport rune.  My brother in law was like "Fuck you, get back here!".  I was zipping all over the map.  Lulz.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: May 16, 2012, 06:50:07 AM

Really liking Barbarian, mass aoe death with cleave and rend and revenge.

A little early to start poking at stuff, but right now I see no reason to ever not use a one handed weapon and a shield.  Every two hand I've found is a very minor upgrade, and using two 20dps weapons gives me about 4 higher dps than one of them and a good shield.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: May 16, 2012, 06:53:38 AM

Demon Hunter goes like this.  Spam Chakram and watch everything die.  Vault back or forward depending on if anything is still alive.  Spam Chakram.  Get upgraded Twin Chakram.  Giggle.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #98 on: May 16, 2012, 06:56:43 AM

Really liking Barbarian, mass aoe death with cleave and rend and revenge.

A little early to start poking at stuff, but right now I see no reason to ever not use a one handed weapon and a shield.  Every two hand I've found is a very minor upgrade, and using two 20dps weapons gives me about 4 higher dps than one of them and a good shield.
The attack speed of two one-handed weapons for a monk at least was a huge boon.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #99 on: May 16, 2012, 07:48:47 AM

So far, DH. Pretty fun, will probably roll a monk though.

Also, if I ignore you there is a 50% chance it may be my son/daughter leveling for me ;) Was nice to be level 6 already after I got the babies to bed....

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: May 16, 2012, 08:31:11 AM

Im going to start in on Hardcore tonight. I took a WD through the game yesterday, and think I'll do that again on HC. I felt pretty safe for most of the game, even not knowing what was coming or what all my skills could do. My basic skill setup was Darts (shards) Groping Eels, Poison Skull Thing (with the passive that reduces damage enemies deal) Soul Harvest, Gargantuan, and Spirit Walk. My 2 other passives were the chance to spawn fetishes and the increased damage/mana cost one. I found that when grouping or fighting bosses, the Witch Doctor Fetish Shaman skill that buffs attack speed is insane. The big reason I want a WD in hardcore is that I think any sort of farming group/runs will want a WD for the buff.

Anyone else interested in HC or have some thoughts on it?

As a sidenote, It took me about half the game to realize how awesome Soul Harvest is. Having a 5stack up more then doubled my damage, and with some attention you can pretty much keep a 5 stack up nearly all the time. Comparing notes with a demon hunter I randomly grouped with, I think WD is intended to have Soul Harvest up. I had ~175 dps listed in act 3, and he had ~375. Once I got 5 stacks of Soul Harvest, I was just north of ~400.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: May 16, 2012, 08:42:34 AM

I started with a wizard last night and managed to get her to lvl 14 before the server shit the bed.  I loved the laser beam spell (frost something or other) and the big slow moving ball of death.  I'm probably going to try a WD tonight to see if I like playing the "pet" class.  I know a few people here at work that are playing a WD and they're all raving about it. 
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: May 16, 2012, 08:45:32 AM

I'm going with a Wizard. Level 11 so far, I'm on the next adventure after the Skeleton King.

I love love love Frost Ray. I use it on things that would die to a Magic Missile.
It's also very nice for kiting.

I've discovered that spending money to train up the Smith artisan gives him "Journeyman" recipes, which you can't even wear until level 15. FYI.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #103 on: May 16, 2012, 09:27:12 AM

Early levels of WD are a bit goofyuninteresting.  But that's all I had time for, considering how late the servers came back up for me (I told schild "going to bed" the second the servers let me in).  Class indecision is a killer when you don't have much time to play.  Of course, the runed darts that you start off with just get retarded if you have a decent weapon.

Love the guy's voice acting, however.  Goofy voodoo guy ftw.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 09:29:29 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
lesion

Reply #104 on: May 16, 2012, 09:30:29 AM

Anyone else interested in HC or have some thoughts on it?
I'm not sure who else, but Hoax and I are around level 30 (Monk + Barb). Thinking of starting a DH there instead of normal just 'cause I find it way more engaging. Until my first character dies.

I can see Nightmare+ being an issue and really having to focus on defense, but for now 50/50 DPS/CC seems to work well.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: What class are you playing?  
Jump to: