Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:33:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Game Dev Story 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game Dev Story  (Read 2944 times)
UnSub
Contributor

on: April 19, 2012, 09:33:00 PM

You're in charge of a game development studio and tasked with making games that generate money and critical success so that you can make more games.

It was originally a Japanese title if I understand the history correctly, so some of the game is skewed that way (i.e. if you stick with developing PC titles, you're probably doomed) and the game mechanic is very much watching different bars fill up (and trying to spend your resources so that you fill them even further) but it is very addictive. Going to the annual game Expo, paying for advertising, hiring / firing staff, choosing to in-house or outsource aspects of the game, watching new consoles launch and old ones disappear etc all on the way to making your Cartoon Shooter that sells 2m units is oddly compelling.

I'd strongly recommend it as a game.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:06:12 PM by schild »

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 06:59:04 AM

I recommend most of Kairosoft's stuff.  Game Dev Story was the first of a series of games they have out now.  I'm currently trodging through their latest, Dungeon Village.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 10:10:10 PM

I lost a few days hooked on this.

The game type/genre combo that made me rich was "Celebrity" and "Miniskirt" (!). So I called the game Upskirting. When I developed my own console, I called it the Fucking.

Fucking Upskirting 7 was a huge hit.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Game Dev Story  
Jump to: