Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:11:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: GW2 Bat Country 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GW2 Bat Country  (Read 37549 times)
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

on: April 17, 2012, 10:12:58 PM

So, I bought the deluxe GW2 with the guild-boosting item in it and started thinking about what I was gonna do with the thing.  You can apparently belong to multiple guilds and flip between them at will, which is a frankly fantastic idea.  But any given guild can only be researching a few guildwide bonuses at any given time; no one guild can cover every base, so most people are going to need both a PvP and PvE guild that they swap between depending on what they're doing.  I'm planning on WvWing with the goons, who despite being retarded en masse usually have their act surprisingly together for PvP and will definitely have the numbers for that sort of thing.  That said, being good in a big fight doesn't really equate to being great company at other times, especially when 'faggot' is a verb, noun, pronoun, adjective, and adverb.

With that in mind, I propose focusing Bat Country on PvE.  We'll likely not have enough bodies to hold a keep of our own, so going into WvW as a guild would probably involve being beaten soundly on a regular basis, or resorting to recruiting random idiots who've never heard of F13.  Neither sounds like great fun, so we'd probably be better off carebearing it up where having smaller numbers won't be a detriment, as PvE content is apparently being focused on 5-person groups, tops.  If we all throw our various influence-boosting items into the pot right at the start, we can probably afford a goodly number of guild goodies on day one.
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 08:00:56 AM

Id be interested in this. I also plunked down for the digital deluxe version, and f13 is about the only way I talk to other people who play games these days. Count me in!
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 08:14:55 AM

If they have guild banks, that'd be a good use for Bat Country alone.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 08:23:15 AM

It sounds like you want to roll on the goon server.

Unless everyone from BC gets an invite to a goon guild for pvp, I'm not sure that sounds like fun since pvp seems like a thing in this game.

I vote Lantyssa the GM of the GW2 chapter, since she's the rabiddest fanrabbi imo. Or fanrabbit. Whatever, she has prattled on more than most about it.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 08:31:32 AM

It's my understanding that you have a "home" server for PvP but can switch servers at will.  You just can't switch sides in PvP.  If that's right it shouldn't matter which server the goons end up on.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 08:34:48 AM

I'd hate to give up on WvW because we can't bring a zerg because I don't think bringing the zerg will be required.  With the two-week reshuffle, I am more confident about Bat Country prospects than in any game to date. I think on some backwater server with no mega guild we will contribute. History has shown that f13.net fares significantly better than average.  There is a chance we could even dominate with EvE level participation.

A few other points:
Being on server with a mega guild is going to suck with the queue to WvW.
Why the hell would need pve guild perks in a game with a flat progression?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:59:47 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 08:50:04 AM

I vote Lantyssa the GM of the GW2 chapter, since she's the rabiddest fanrabbi imo. Or fanrabbit. Whatever, she has prattled on more than most about it.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
This is revenge for me supporting you being GM in TOR.  I know it.

As long as I can be a figurehead and delegate all responsibilities, I'll consider it.  I'll probably be representing my friends' guilds most of the time though.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 08:51:32 AM

If we can get an eve-like level of organization, that would be awesome. The keep siege stuff seems pretty cool to me. I wonder how it would play out with a goonswarm vs something like Slayerik's PS outfit's organized smaller unit gameplay.

If only f13 didn't hate mmo so much  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? I'm trying to set aside enough money to get this at launch to hopefully play during the two months BC is active.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 09:33:13 AM

I'd play with you guys at release, bu NO ONE EVER TALKS IN THE CHAT CHANNEL!!!!!!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 09:47:55 AM

Since I intend to play this unlike most of the MMO's that have released lately, yeah, I'm interested.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 10:03:34 AM

I'd play with you guys at release, bu NO ONE EVER TALKS IN THE CHAT CHANNEL!!!!!!
I talk if others do.  If I do all the talking though, I start to feel like I'm hogging the channel with my idle chatter and causing everyone to turn the channel off.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 10:24:51 AM

What about vent/mumble/TS etc?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 10:43:37 AM

I loathe voice comms.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 10:46:09 AM

-  Mark Twain
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 11:11:29 AM

If I wanted to talk to people I wouldn't be playing games on the internets.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 11:13:59 AM

I talk if others do.  If I do all the talking though, I start to feel like I'm hogging the channel with my idle chatter and causing everyone to turn the channel off.

Lies!  She never talks!  cry

Over and out.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 11:29:14 AM

If I wanted to talk to people I wouldn't be playing games on the internets.

Talking to people is the only way to make the horrible gameplay in MMO's tolerable.

-  Mark Twain
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 11:33:13 AM

If they're that horrible for you, why not just skip the game and talk to people?  Head scratch

Over and out.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 11:35:18 AM

If they're that horrible for you, why not just skip the game and talk to people?  Head scratch

Because I hate real people.  I have to teach them all day for a living.  I prefer chatting with virtual people.  why so serious?

-  Mark Twain
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 11:50:31 AM

Lies!  She never talks!  cry
If others are talking I do!  I'm just lousy at initiating conversation.

Oh gods, don't cry.  Now I'm going to feel horrible.  Cry

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 12:09:48 PM

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Influence
  • In the Politics category, Influence may be used to purchase guild emblems, guild armor, buffs to increase influence gain, or guild party items.
  • In the Economy category, Influence can buy guild-wide buffs to increase item drop rate, karma or experience gain, and other economic boosts.

Edit: And to expound for anyone too lazy to click on the wiki link for details, the WvW perks only benefit WvW play, but they're significant enough that I doubt any WvW guild would want to pass them up.  So focusing on PvE perks gets you more loot and more experience/reputation from PvE stuff.  It's a safe bet that both PvE and PvP guilds will max out the bonuses for guild vaults and such, as those seem to be permanent, but the other buffs are temporary and must be constantly in research to be maintained.

Edit edit: And I prefer voice comms when actually fighting in games; it's faster and leaves hands free to stay on the ball.  When not in a fight, typing's fine.  I don't want to have to be busy typing out, "Look out for that dragon behi-nevermind lol." when fireballs are flying everywhere.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:20:22 PM by Kitsune »
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, 12:23:57 PM

I'd hate to give up on WvW because we can't bring a zerg because I don't think bringing the zerg will be required.  With the two-week reshuffle, I am more confident about Bat Country prospects than in any game to date. I think on some backwater server with no mega guild we will contribute. History has shown that f13.net fares significantly better than average.  There is a chance we could even dominate with EvE level participation.

A few other points:
Being on server with a mega guild is going to suck with the queue to WvW.

I'm looking at the GW1 roster right now... Comstar and one other person are the only ones that have logged in during the last year. Schild at two years is the next runner up.... MY GOD PEOPLE! LOG in for your minipets!

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 18, 2012, 12:31:25 PM

MY GOD PEOPLE! LOG in for your minipets! to send Kitsune your minipets!

Had to make a quick change there.

But seriously, give me your veteran presents.  They can be worth hella lotta GW1 gold, which I can use to help get more points in my monument hall for GW2 vanity gear.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:35:41 PM by Kitsune »
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #23 on: April 18, 2012, 12:33:21 PM

Never played GW1 and really have never had a pet fetish... which explains my void of Pokemon understanding.

However, I will be in this game at least until I tire of it.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: April 18, 2012, 02:44:44 PM

I think it would be novel if we plan this guild for the first month failure from the start. How, I dunno.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #25 on: April 18, 2012, 04:26:03 PM

You have yet to be on a guild line with me at the same time, eh?

I'm still on the fence for if I'm getting this at release or not. Depends on what is happening in other shit I play when it finally releases, I guess, if it overlaps with something else I'm more excited about, it will LANGUISH until I'm at a lull, no doubt.

God Save the Horn Players
schild
Administrator

Reply #26 on: April 18, 2012, 08:08:47 PM

We talked on vent all the time in WAR. What are you talking about, Nebu?
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 18, 2012, 08:12:05 PM

We talked on vent all the time in WAR. What are you talking about, Nebu?

I don't even remember that.  Old age must be creeping up on me.  Did I even play with you guys?

-  Mark Twain
Feverdream
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 18, 2012, 10:19:17 PM

I'd love to try a guild with f13.net folk, but I was thinking I'd get my PvE fix via WoW raiding since I really like my guild.  I was going to focus on PvP in GW2.

I'd PvE in GW2 if there is a truly good reason to do so.   It looks like there will be, but I want to be certain of that.

If I am crafting or questing or doing something similarly mindless, then chat channel is nice, and I use it all the time.  But I prefer to talk in Vent or on Mumble while playing.  If I'm PvPing it's too much of a pain to take the time to type stuff out.  If I'm doing serious PvE, it's also too much of a pain to type stuff out other than in a rudimentary fashion...and that doesn't make for very interesting or effective communication. 
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #29 on: April 19, 2012, 04:04:32 AM

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 19, 2012, 06:33:11 AM

I end up sounding like Ron Burgundy.
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 19, 2012, 07:35:45 AM

It's my understanding that you have a "home" server for PvP but can switch servers at will.  You just can't switch sides in PvP.  If that's right it shouldn't matter which server the goons end up on.

But if you switch servers, aren't you contributing to that other server's statistics without receiving the benefit?  Because I think you only get the benefit of your home server's stats. 
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: April 19, 2012, 10:49:58 AM

But if you switch servers, aren't you contributing to that other server's statistics without receiving the benefit?  Because I think you only get the benefit of your home server's stats. 

Wiki sayeth: A player may only fight in World vs World for their home server. When visiting other servers, the player only receives WvW world bonuses from the home server, not the server being visited.

Assuming that's correct and how it's gonna be in the game at release, there's no problem.  You run out and fight with your WvW guild, swap over to your PvE guild when you're done, and you'll still receive the bonuses earned by the WvW fighting you did, even if you've swapped servers to hang with the PvE folks.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #33 on: April 19, 2012, 11:24:49 AM

If we can get an eve-like level of organization, that would be awesome. The keep siege stuff seems pretty cool to me. I wonder how it would play out with a goonswarm vs something like Slayerik's PS outfit's organized smaller unit gameplay.

If only f13 didn't hate mmo so much  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? I'm trying to set aside enough money to get this at launch to hopefully play during the two months BC is active.

Yeah, I do wonder as well. I think I'm going to try this out, for my hour or two a night I have free. I'll definitely join BC for whatever!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 19, 2012, 01:25:17 PM

You cannot do WvW on a non-Home Server at all (and rightfully so), only PvE and Arenas/BGs (Structured). You account and all characters are homed to a single server, so if you think it is worth it to pay their fee to move your actual  Home Server elsewhere, then by all means go for it; but you cannot do it on a whim, temporarily or for only some of your account's characters. You will also likely suffer a time delay on getting any bonuses once you land on your new Home Server.

This is for various reasons: to prevent server-hopping for bonues, to continually go to a better-ranked server or guild, and to spy on the other side in a battle since in GW2 the other side == another server. Anyone who doesn't like this rule is probably prone to want to do one or more of the things I just mentioned.

They might allow a one-time Home Server switch, especially in early release, since everyone is just settling into their servers en mass.

As for the "I want to play with my friends" bullshit excuse for wanting free WvW server movement, anyone who didn't even know which server to pick ahead of time with their so-called close "friends" deserves to be fucking friendless.

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: GW2 Bat Country  
Jump to: