Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:26:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Apparently they still care... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Apparently they still care...  (Read 7592 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: April 02, 2012, 12:56:58 PM

...at least enough to put out a patch every once in a blue moon.

http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=987

Hello,

I know you are waiting some news concerning the patch, so here is the changelog.
We are just checking few things and the patch will be updated soon.

March is not finished !

- Fixed multiple issues with Saved Formations.
- Fixed an exploit where one could place more than 11 players on the pitch.
- Fixed Fan Factor changes at end of match.
- Fixed Pouring Rain modifer wrongly applied with Big Hand skill.
- Fixed an issue with Piling On freezing the game when a player has
been pushed out of field.
- Wizard: Can now only be used at the start of your turn or opponent turn.
- Blood Lust: Fixed invalid roll made when pushed back in opponent end
zone with ball / catching ball on end zone.
- Dump-Off: Fixed wrong throwing arrow range.
- Dump-Off: Cannot be used when player is hypnotized.
- Leap: Fixed an exploit allowing a player to move one extra square.

[EDIT] pmcc wrote:
The winning bug is fixed in a server update that should be deployed the same day of this client update.

Thank you for your patience,
Freki
BLOOD BOW

Yay saved formation fixes  awesome, for real

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 12:57:42 PM

It only took them what, 2 years to fix the winnings bug? Allegedly.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 01:00:00 PM

So does that mean I can get my winnings 'before' I can hire any potential mercenaries that did me proud in the match, or was this something else?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 01:01:18 PM

No, I don't think that's a bug. The bug is where the game tells you one value for your winnings and then awards you something completely different. At least, I assume that's the bug they're talking about.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 01:27:08 PM

Hello,

- Fixed an exploit where one could place more than 11 players on the pitch.

I wonder if that will also fix the bug that randomly stops you setting up a full team and then drops the missing player on your back line once the ball is kicked?

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 03:27:22 PM

Fuck, I hope so, I hate that bug.

God Save the Horn Players
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 06:39:39 PM

It's better than all that. New expansion announced. Chaos Pact, Underworld, probably Chaos Dwarves added.

edit: And that's totally one post down. Fffffff
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 06:42:28 PM

It's better than all that. New expansion announced. Chaos Pact, Underworld, probably Chaos Dwarves added.

edit: And that's totally one post down. Fffffff

why so serious?

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 07:23:21 PM

No Chaos Pact, sadly.  They could easily add it as they would only require the addition of a marauder model, but Cyanide has to save something for another release two years from now.   Ohhhhh, I see.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 07:36:01 PM

I'm pretty sure at this point that Cyanide only employs one 3D modeler, and he's missing an arm.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 08:25:56 PM

Yeah, but that's an argument for Chaos Pact, not against it, because you can reuse every model but for one, the marauder.  They already have goblins, trolls, skaven, dark elves, minotaurs and ogres in-game and you could just reuse those models.  The new Daemons team is probably going to be all new art.  That's the only thing that bugs me about the announced features: that they're clearly leaving out Slann and Chaos Pact so that they have enough for another release in two years...which I will also buy.   sad

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 08:58:48 PM

They said the Slann team was vetoed by GW fluff-keepers.

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 06:54:57 AM

I'd grown used to abusing that little stretch of the rules.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

And I still won't trust saved formations.  Burn me once...
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 11:30:49 AM

Patch is being deployed now.  Steam update should be out tonight, or so they say.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 12:33:21 PM

I'd grown used to abusing that little stretch of the rules.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Oh dear, was that cheating? My bad!  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 07:38:08 PM

Haha, yeah, I was never sure if I was missing something, because the BB rules always said to use it at the begining of the turn only, and the game has let you shoot it whenever you want for years.  Should have figured it was just a glaring bug that took them years to correct.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 06, 2012, 05:34:11 AM

Sooo...in comparing the notes posted above vs. the Steam update notes, it seems like they either dropped the ball on a number of things or just forgot to give Steam the proper list.

In any event, they also seemed to have made a number of undocumented changes, such as:

- In creating a new team; the team list is now alphabetical
- The Dark Elf team portrait icon is now a DE blitzer instead of a witch.
- There are two new generic team logos
- A few player models have been changed around.  Word is that Star Player Zara got a remodel, and necro werewolfs may have been changed.
- Players, when viewed in 3D on the team roster or on their individual cards, will now perform their TD animation in addition to the other random moves they make.
- Player models have also been shortened overall when on the field.  Appears to be a bug.
- Some code-digging has revealed plans for adding Dungeon Bowl to the game.  Maybe a Chaos Edition addon?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 05:40:11 AM by luckton »

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 02:37:13 PM

- Some code-digging has revealed plans for adding Dungeon Bowl to the game.  Maybe a Chaos Edition addon?

Looks like it's going to be a standalone spinoff title.  Kind of a variant of Blood Bowl where the game is played in a dungeon, each team has to wander around to find the ball before they can score with it.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 02:50:17 PM

What?  Those bullshitters...I'll put $50 bucks down that the 'stand-alone' title will just be using the same damn BB engine we've got now with some new skins.  Why not just integrate it with the same game?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 03:30:04 PM

That doesn't sound all that interesting to me.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 05:59:57 PM

I never played Dungeonbowl, but it did look like fun.  I'd say that it is different enough to warrant its own standalone title.  They'll be using the same engine though, I'm sure.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 08:44:25 PM

I don't see why it is at all surprising considering that "adding one new team" is a new standalone game for Cyanide.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 17, 2012, 03:33:34 AM

They said the Slann team was vetoed by GW fluff-keepers.

If true, the correct response would be to make the new team functionally identical to slann and then send GW a gift basket with a card reading "fuck you, fluff keepers!".

Or something.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 12:04:46 PM

I'm actually happy they are not doing chaos pact.  Just started reading upon them, and they seem really OP.  My guess is that they decided to make there own more balanced team in its place.  Then with the Slann veto from GW, that would explain the new team line up.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 12:21:14 PM

What I don't understand, from what I've read/researched, is that the Fluff-keepers UNANIMOUSLY elected to have the CP, Slann and Underworld teams allowed in legal play.  Why would they not allow them in this case, but rather let Cyanide create their very own team from scratch?

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 12:22:34 PM

I'm actually happy they are not doing chaos pact.  Just started reading upon them, and they seem really OP.  My guess is that they decided to make there own more balanced team in its place.  Then with the Slann veto from GW, that would explain the new team line up.

Given that they can't make clickable areas the same size as button graphics and have apparently never heard of UI design, I'm not holding out for much hope that they'll turn out to be good at balancing new things.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 01:32:19 PM

What I don't understand, from what I've read/researched, is that the Fluff-keepers UNANIMOUSLY elected to have the CP, Slann and Underworld teams allowed in legal play.  Why would they not allow them in this case, but rather let Cyanide create their very own team from scratch?
From what I gathered, it was the cabal of rule makers at GW that unanimously voted to ok the teams when they got together.  However, the fluff-masters and higher ups at GW vetoed the teams being allowed into the official living rule book.  Soooo, they are sort of in a grey area.  Leagues will take them, but GW also officially disavows them from the official rules. 

Also, from what I can see specifically concerning Slann, the way the team portrays them goes back to how they were originally portrayed a long time ago.  Since then, the official fluff has changed what the Slann are like quite a bit at this point, so they don't want to old style coming back.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:36:50 PM by Teleku »

-Stephen Colbert
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 03:53:37 PM

As I understand it, Pact is a really mixed bag performance-wise. They are very strong on paper, but suffer from the same sort of issues that the Human team does. i.e. they have an answer to everything, but trying to cover all your bases tends to thin out winnings consistency. On top of that, they have some brutal negatrait combinations to account for as well.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 01, 2012, 02:44:04 PM

There is no official fluff on BB slann, WFB and BB are officially, per fluff, different universes.

The reason those teams were vetoed in lrb6 was that GW didn't have a set of ridiculous overpriced pewter models to go with them.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: May 01, 2012, 02:46:18 PM

We're not speculating with the fluff thing, that was actually said by one of the Cyanide people in one of those linked threads. Mind you it may still be bullshit, but it is semi-official bullshit in any case. It isn't with regard to LRB6 though, just their inclusion in the video game.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 08:45:32 PM

It's just an excuse to have another two teams for another Cyanide Blood Bowl release a year a and a half from now.  Which I will also buy.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Apparently they still care...  
Jump to: