Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:23:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Elfbowl *Season1*: Day 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elfbowl *Season1*: Day 3  (Read 3123 times)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

on: April 02, 2012, 09:30:19 AM

April 11th is the deadline to play your game before I advance the day.  Report results in this thread.  A league has been set up under BBManager with the password: elfbowl.

Day 3 Schedule
Keebler Division
I Break Easy (Ulysees) 3 v. 2 The Pale Horses (Haemish)
Elf Hatred (Gruntle) v. Labor Day (Llyse)
Haute Couture (Ruvaldt) v. Guild of Fools (Eldaec)

North Pole Division
Morningwood Packers (Luckton) 1 v. 2 Chris Dane Owens Fan Club (Teleku)
Spiderland Reaers (Megrim) v. Here Be DWAGONS (Strazos)
Ponyelves II (Comstar) 5 v. 2 Considerably Elfier (IainC)

Previous weeks' games that need to be played:
The Pale Horses (Haemish) v. Guild of Fools (Eldaec)

The rules:

Standings
Keebler Division
1. I Break Easy (Ulysees) (WoE)                         2-0-1 (6pts, 8TDs)
2. Labor Day (Llyse) (HiE)                                  2-0-0 (6pts, 6TDs)
3. Haute Couture (Ruvaldt) (HiE)                        1-0-1 (3pts, 5TD)
4. Elf Hatred (Gruntle) (DaE)                              1-0-1 (3pts, 2TDs)
5. The Pale Horses (Haemish) (DaE)                    0-0-2 (0pts, 3TD)
6. Guild of Fools (Eldaec) (PrE)                           0-0-1 (0pts, 1TD)

Keebler regular season schedule:

North Pole Division
1. Chris Dane Owens Fan Club (Teleku) (DaE)      3-0-0 (9pts, 7TDs)
2. Ponyelves II (Comstar) (PrE)                          2-0-1 (6pts, 8TDs)
3. Here Be DWAGONS (Strazos) (HiE)                 1-1-0 (4pts, 3TDs)
4. Considerably Elfier (IainC) (HiE)                       1-0-2 (3pts, 5TDs)
5. Morningwood Packers (Luckton) (WoE)           0-1-2 (1pt, 3TDs)
6. Spiderland Reavers (Megrim) (DaE)                  0-0-2 (0pts, 2TDs)

North Pole regular season schedule:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:41:01 AM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 12:18:59 AM

Are you around this weekend Haemish? Same goes for you Lyse. I am going to be free now Saturday or Sunday if you let me know a suitable time I will be online.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 09:27:56 AM

I'll be off work on Friday, so probably be available for some noonish-late afternoon fun since my work is working that day.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 02:38:21 AM

Morningwood Packers 1 - 2 Chris Dane Owens Fan Club

Yeah, these Elf games are fucking cursed or something.  First time I'm ever had a Loner Merc die, and almost lost another Linemen, but the apothecary came through.  Tried to play Wood Elf bullshit as hard as I could, but only managed to get away with it one time near the end.  The rest of it played like any of my other matches where I was starting with a fresh Strength team vs. Elfs; the Elfs may have the ball and want to be cowardly bitches by stalling at the endzone, so I guess I'll just beat up the remainder of the team until something else happens.  My block dice were decent, but only on plays where they didn't matter (i.e. double skulls on the ball carrier or it's guard, but hey, consistent 1d Defender Downs everywhere else  why so serious?)

Was going to play my Day 2 game against Straz after this, but then power cut out from a storm, and by the time it recovered, the Mrs. was home w/baby and company.  Will try to get it done tonight.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 02:44:50 AM

Teleku seems to know his way around an elf.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 07:51:11 PM

Yeah, I'm learning I should really just stick with elves.  It seems I get skull fucked by block dice when ever I play bashy teams, no matter how well built they are.  Also, I've been playing wood elves against you fuckers for 4 season now, I know every elf bullshit trick in the book.   awesome, for real

And while I in general hate the stalling tactic, you didn't even bother sending anybody at my lone player, all by herself, to threaten her.  That's just asking for a stall.  Trying to just turn it into a bash fest in the middle as a wood elf team is a sure way to lose (granted, you rolled very well on those sets of blocks, so you did some damage, but statistical odds where heavily against you).  As a wood elf player, you always need to be pressuring the ball carrier at all times.  So you can swoop in at the first slip up, slow the opposing team down so they can't score in time, or to keep them from stalling on the end zone.  If I get caught in a break away like you did, where they out run any real threat of getting tackled before the next turn, I dodge away and run absolutely every elf I can to within range of the ball carrier to pressure them into not stalling

It'll get easier once you get strip ball on your wardancer.  If you leap into a cage against an unskilled player, it doesn't matter if the opponent gets to pick the roll result.  Only a straight skull will result in the ball carrier not losing control of the ball (and your war dancer even getting hurt).  At that point it becomes risky for them to attempt a stall even when they have a cage on the score line.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 02:34:02 PM

Sometimes Nuffle just wants you to lose. Pony Elves beat Considerably Elfier 5-2 in a match that wasn't even remotely close. I was 3-0 down after a horrible first half where basically everything went wrong that could while Comstar was able to pull out as much Elven Bullshit as he liked. Things looked brighter in the second half, I scored twice in quick succession to make the match look like it could be salvaged but then it all went south again and Nuffle gifted a fourth TD to Comstar off the back of a catastrophic set of failures from my team. Anything involving dice was pretty much guaranteed to critically fail when I tried it, I thought I had a stroke of luck when Comstar failed a GfI to score with one turn left but my thrower failed a basic dodge and Comstar was able to stand up and grab to ball on his last turn to score again.

I've played Elves with bad dice before but that game was just utterly pointless.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 02:50:24 PM

5-2 drubbing of Pro pro elves over High Elves who couldn't make a dodge to save their life. IainC had no luck- if he needed a dodge, he WOULD fail it. I don't think I failed one.Both teams started with 8 players and 3 mercs- one my mercs was BH, then one of merc's killed. 3 skill ups for me, 2 for him. Much Elf Bullshit was done by both sides for their TD's, and these games are causing more damage than any of the Beastbowl games.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 07:56:10 PM

Friend Strazos, where are you?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 03:06:36 AM

I never seem to see people online.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Also, was sick all day yesterday.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 01:01:53 PM

I Break Easy 3 - 2 The Pales Horses

In a match littered with KO's but not much in the way of injuries until the last turn of the match superior Woodelf bullshit overcame Haemish's Dark Elves. Both sides scored on their opponents drives but despite the near total lack of rerolls on both teams there were surprisingly few turn overs but the ones that did happen lead to scores both times.

Initially Haemish flubbed a pass that let me blitz his marker clear and run in a second touchdown and I failed a rerolled block on a ball carrier that needed a pow from block push to double skulls. I scored the winning touchdown in typical elf bullshit fasion, dodging into tackle zones and then out again giving Haemish 2 turns to equalise which he almost managed but my dice came good on the blitz to stop the score and though there was an outside chance of a 1d block popping free and then him scooping up the loose ball and scoting in elf bullshit fashion himself it all ended when he could only score a push not a pow.

Not much to note on the unjury front for haem who had 1 BH but I suffered a broken collarbone on 1 elf and trying to dodge away from 3 blood thirsty darkelves my 2 touchdown scoring and about to be levelled wardancer took a terminal trip to floor failing the dodge and then the injury roll leading to her untimely demise. This after Haemish had managed to kill a wardancer with his first blitz of the match (thankfully saved by the Apoth to a mere badly hurt) so it seems karma was just being restored.

1 skillup for me and rolled my first double 6 to give a random lineman plus str yay me and curse you haemish that should have been my wardancer! Good match and uploaded to BBmanager.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 01:05:15 PM

For a match where I had 4 loner mercs tagging along, I did surprisingly well. My 1d blocks were monumentally good, my passing not so much. A few times I pushed it too far with the 1d blocks and got slapped back in return, but I will say I did more damage to Ulysses then he did back to me. 2 kills turned into 1 with a good Apoth. Unfortunately, I got no levelups but at least I'll be at full strength for my game with Eldeac. My winnings continue to be shit (10k) so I can't even replenish any losses if they come.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 06:31:03 PM

Will be available to play Gruntle when you're free!@

I'm GMT +9 so we may have to wait until the weekend but otherwise sall good!
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 12:49:39 AM

Hey Gruntle my bad, but will try to find you on steam in 7/8 hours
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 04:43:15 PM

Finally played my match with Gruntle, match report later but essentially a 2-0 win to Labor day.

Dark elves lived up to their name and went for a lot of bone breaking injuries though.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 05:57:25 PM by Llyse »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Elfbowl *Season1*: Day 3  
Jump to: