Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:01:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2012  (Read 461919 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2415 on: February 07, 2013, 03:48:36 PM

Apparently Flacco wanted others (or was going to himself) to tackle Ginn Jr if he broke free down the Ravens sidelines in the Super Bowl. It's not like they could award the touchdown on a penalty, but how fucked up would this have been to see?

From what I understand of the rulebook, yes they could have awarded the touchdown if the referees believed he was unobstructed to the end zone, declared the game over, and handed the win to SF. If not, the commissioner would have the authority to reverse the game's outcome under Rule 17 Section 2, which covers extraordinarily unfair actions, in addition to suspending and fining Flacco, and taking draft position actions against the Ravens.

It would have been the most fucked up ending to a football game, let alone a Super Bowl, in the history of football.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2416 on: February 07, 2013, 03:52:56 PM

Any team that would do something like that on that stage would earn my eternal hatred.

I'm sure AP was doing enough pain killers at the end of the season to make Jason Taylor cringe.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:55:42 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2417 on: February 07, 2013, 04:09:26 PM

From what I understand of the rulebook, yes they could have awarded the touchdown if the referees believed he was unobstructed to the end zone, declared the game over, and handed the win to SF. If not, the commissioner would have the authority to reverse the game's outcome under Rule 17 Section 2, which covers extraordinarily unfair actions, in addition to suspending and fining Flacco, and taking draft position actions against the Ravens.

It would have been the most fucked up ending to a football game, let alone a Super Bowl, in the history of football.
I just read that, and while it is most likely they would have done just that it still would have been awesome to see. Just seeing the person who ended up as the MVP running on the field, without a helmet, to pull a Terry Tate on a mother fucker who broke free. Anyways, Video is found here, I prefer PFT's transcript over Deadspin's, so here's the quote:

For the painkillers -Jason Taylor would only be able to cringe if he wasn't still in a lull from his own habit why so serious?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2418 on: February 08, 2013, 08:22:23 AM

Anyways, Video is found here, I prefer PFT's transcript over Deadspin's, so here's the quote:

I...

Yep. I can't ever root for that motherfucker again. I already thought he was a complete water head, but what a fucking douche. I love that even his teammates were a bit  ACK! over the thought of it. God, what a complete fucking cockgobbler.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2419 on: February 08, 2013, 07:42:34 PM

I only had two reasons for rooting for Baltimore over San Fransisco in this game: Jim "The Berserker" Harbaugh is annoying and the desire for Randy Moss to never get a ring.

That outweighed my dislike of Ray Lewis.

Having a douche bag for a coach and another at wide receiver out weighs being involved in a double murder??? Facepalm
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2420 on: February 08, 2013, 07:54:39 PM

edit: whoops, missed the whole last page.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:59:50 PM by El Gallo »

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2012  
Jump to: