Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:43:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: "FTL" (A proper Kickstarter) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "FTL" (A proper Kickstarter)  (Read 2544 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

on: March 07, 2012, 05:04:24 PM

"Faster Than Light"

A working, ingenious, indie project by two now jobless guys with a great idea.  Make a roguelike in space inside a player-owned, built, and maintained spaceship.
If I had to pick a game that it emulates (err copies actually) it's the boardgame "Battlestations."  Only you control every crew member yourself and there's permadeath.

So, you donate a few bux and immediately get closed beta access.  Monies go towards making the game better and bringing it to a wider audience.
If you wanna try it before you burn coffee money, you can demo it on OnLive.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l2WX5F7W8qk
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:08:14 PM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 05:29:55 PM

Interesting, I haven't backed any Kickstarters yet but I might start with this one.

I wonder how long though before someone puts up a successful Kickstarter, then just takes the money and runs.  Seems inevitable sadly.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 05:54:22 PM

So far the hottest seems that 2D Adventure game from T.Schafer.
And Wasteland 2 by Brian Fargo. - $15 for the released game is cheap.

Less honorable mention : Former Halo Reach Designer promising a 'Hardcore Tactical Shooter'. Lawl.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 06:50:43 PM

Schafer didn't even have a design doc whereas this game is near complete.  Just sayin.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 07:08:47 PM

Kickstarter is far better for board games than video games. Tangible products good, virtual products are merely OK.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: "FTL" (A proper Kickstarter)  
Jump to: