Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:51:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Update 6 - Shores of the Great River 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Update 6 - Shores of the Great River  (Read 36002 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #35 on: March 12, 2012, 12:01:50 PM

http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/1803/1775-update-6-great-river

This sucks, I will not have a chance to check it out until next weekend.

Surprised it launched today- I thought it was gonna be another month or 2.  I love the timely updates!

Patch notes here

Couple things you may have missed:

■Virtues have been extended to Rank 14.
■Stat Tomes from Sturdy Steel Lockboxes: fix for old version that would allow you to use the same tier more than once (to no effect). New drops will only have tomes that are unusable if you have already used the same one in the past.
 ■Stat Tomes and Relic Removal Scrolls: all tiers of stat tomes and the relic removal scroll can now drop from the final bosses in scaled instances.
 ■All items that are restricted to a character class or a small selection of character classes have been removed from the lockboxes.
 ■Melding recipes for the store exclusive relics can now be found in game on the Relic Forging Master.
 ■Marks, Medallions, Seals, and Relic Currency are all now bind to account.
■Worn Symbols of Celebrimbor are now available via Skirmish barter vendors.

Skirmishes
 ■The Skirmish instance quests (the quest you receive every time you play a Skirmish) will now award gold, reputation, XP and IXP. This quest, unlike the old daily quests, will be awarded every time the Skirmish is completed, and will scale more accurately to the level of the Skirmish. The previous XP bonus on monsters has been reduced to compensate.
 ■The Skirmish Soldier trait Ultimate Banner of Protection will now affect the unified Resistance stat displayed on the character panel instead of individual resistances.

Legendary Items, Relics, Legacies
 ■Heritage Runes are now Bound to Account.
■Melding recipes for Tier 8 relics, Level 75 relics and Level 75 legendary items have been added.
 ■Legendary Items level 66 and above have increased relic return from deconstruction if they are advanced to level 31 or higher. The increase is more significant if the item is advanced to level 60 and above.

■Players may now exchange 50 Marks for 1 Medallion at the Currency Exchange NPCs found in the various Skirmish Camps across Eriador. There are also options to exchange for 10 and 50 Medallions.

■There is now a new auction house category for players to use to buy and sell trophy items which are used for Tasks. This auction house category is called Task Items.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:21:16 PM by Cheddar »

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Nyght
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: March 13, 2012, 08:55:13 AM

So, on release the TP cost for an hour of a field soldier is 100, a buck an hour. At least  this is the case below level 71. Mark/Medallion cost for an hour is as reported, in three tiers, 20 - 45, 46-70, and 71 to 75. The lower tiers are less expensive but still, its obvious enough that they really want to encourage you to spent TP, not SM.

"Do you know who is in charge here?" -- "Yep."
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #37 on: March 13, 2012, 09:42:50 AM

So, on release the TP cost for an hour of a field soldier is 100, a buck an hour. At least  this is the case below level 71. Mark/Medallion cost for an hour is as reported, in three tiers, 20 - 45, 46-70, and 71 to 75. The lower tiers are less expensive but still, its obvious enough that they really want to encourage you to spent TP, not SM.

Very obvious.  I am incredibly disapointed with this.

On the other hand- I mostly instance anyway.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: March 13, 2012, 10:36:31 AM

The Warden bugs that went live are really, really over the top in number and severity. My performance immediately went into the toilet, too; I crash now on every third loading screen, when I never used to crash at all.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #39 on: March 15, 2012, 09:28:59 PM

"Field soldier" is your skirmish guy being out in the world with you?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Nyght
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: March 16, 2012, 01:44:47 AM

"Field soldier" is your skirmish guy being out in the world with you?

Yah. You get a new button that includes an indication of your paid minutes remaining. I have mixed feelings about it. I have used it a few times, to a total of 13 minutes. And I easily finished the quests by using it, but feel it is a little OP.

"Do you know who is in charge here?" -- "Yep."
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #41 on: March 17, 2012, 05:49:33 AM

Did they at least fix the painfully-long cooldown on the "hit that one!" button?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #42 on: March 17, 2012, 07:43:00 AM

It is 100 TP for an hour with your skirm pet, which is fair enough.  Still annoyed at price at skirm vendors.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: March 17, 2012, 09:59:07 AM

The cost is too high, disappointed in that, for skirmishers in the world.  Ran mine a bit last night, he tanked well and conned as level 66, same as my level, but I've only bought him up to 60 for skirms. I didn't find a way to control him like a normal pet, he just stood around until I attacked.  I don't know why the attack command is on such a long timer, it's been that way I think since they were implemented.

Heck, I can buy the whole new river zones for 700-some points or play my solider for 7 hours.  Right.  Starting to get disenchanted with all the high cost items. 
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: March 17, 2012, 11:03:23 AM

Long timer is likely so it doesn't conflict with the game play of a pet class.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: April 26, 2012, 06:51:24 PM

Way old reply deleted
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 07:52:57 PM by Phred »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Update 6 - Shores of the Great River  
Jump to: