Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:51:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M OPEN~ Round 2 (games 3 and 4 of 6) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~D&M OPEN~ Round 2 (games 3 and 4 of 6)  (Read 18044 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: January 19, 2012, 02:29:24 PM

TABLE (5th Feb)

DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Blackrock & Roll

DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Emperors of the Pitch

DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Warriors of the Sun *

DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Nerve Damage
Pound Pound Mantrain

DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Golden Hamsters
Leisure Suits *

DRILLING AND MANLINESS
The Eclipse
Deady Bears
Sidewindin Stars *
Dead Risen *
Mab's Malignancies *

DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Gutted
Wilson's Beard *
Going Forth by Day
Pony Elves
Statement, the Sequel **

ACK!
Balls and Chain

* match still to play, when a draw is made unplayed matches count as a loss for rankings, but a win for matchmaking.

FIXTURES

Warriors of the Sun - ICE
 ~vs~  
Statement, the Sequel - Avaia
Leisure Suits - Lamaros
 ~vs~  
Mab's Malignancies - Carnifex
Sidewindin' Stars - Llyse
 ~vs~  
Wilson's Beard - Teleku
Statement, the Sequel - Avaia  ~vs~  Dead Risen - Strazos

Lets get these done by the 2nd Feb.

RESULTS SO FAR

Pound Pound Mantrain - Megrim
 1 - 0  
Gutted - Ulysees
Nerve Damage - Eldaec
 2 - 1  
Deady Bears - IainC
Going Forth by Day - Ingmar
 0 - 3  
Pony Elves - Comstar
Deady Bears - IainC
 1 - 1  
Emperors of the Pitch - Ruvaldt
 2 - 1  
 1 - 0  
The Eclipse - Sjofn
Blackrock and Roll - Luckton
 1 - 0  
Dead Risen - Strazos
Wilson's Beard - Teleku
 0 - 2  
Leisure Suits - Lamaros
 1 - 1  
Nerve Damage - Eldaec
 1 - 1  
Gutted - Ulysees
Balls & Chain - Haemish
 0 - 1  
Pony Elves - Comstar
 3 - 4  
Golden Hamsters - Proudft
 1 - 1  
Dead Risen - Strazos
Blackrock & Roll - Luckton
 2 - 1  
The Eclipse - Sjofn
 3 - 0  
Balls and Chain - Haemish
 1 - 2  
 1 - 0  
Wilson's Beard - Teleku
 2 - 1  
Nerve Damage - Eldaec
 0 - 2  
 2 - 3  
Leisure Suits - Lamaros
Blackrock and Roll - Luckton
 2 - 1  
Pony Elves - Comstar
Deady Bears - IainC
 1 - 1  
Gutted - Ulysees
Balls & Chain - Haemish
 0 - 2  
The Eclipse - Sjofn
 0 - 2  
Wilson's Beard - Teleku
 2 - 0  
 3 - 0  
Nerve Damage - Eldaec
 2 - 0  
 3 - 2  
Pony Elves - Comstar
Blackrock & Roll - Luckton
 1 - 0  
Gutted - Ulysees
Deady Bears - IainC
 1 - 1  
The Eclipse - Sjofn
 2 - 0  
Balls and Chain - Haemish
Leisure Suits - Lamaros
 1 - 2  
Dead Risen - Strazos

FORMAT

6 games swiss.
You are paired against teams with a similar number of wins sho you haven't yet played.
No bitching about matchups.
Tie breaker is the number of points scored by opponents you have played.
In the case of a tie after 6 games, top 2 play the ULTIMATE DECIDER. If both teams fail to win the ULTIMATE DECIDER then EVERYBODY LOSES.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 03:39:46 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Fuck, why I gotta play the good teams?  ACK!

EDIT: Yes, I realize I immediately broke one of the rules, I don't care.  why so serious?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:32:45 PM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Because you already beat me black and blue?  awesome, for real

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 02:33:20 PM

Well I suspect my two matches are going to be horrific bloodbaths, so karmic victory for you, I guess!

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 02:33:34 PM

I hope she left some for the tomb guardians.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 02:40:35 PM

Oh, cool.  I thought for sure I'd be playing against Blackrock and Warriors of the Sun.

Bring it on, Avaia and Strazos!  Ad Gloriam Romae!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:42:30 PM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 02:43:48 PM

You have the most tiebreaker points, so you get to play weaker teams within the 1.5-2.0 grouping. though obviously if luckton and ICE keep winning along with you, you'll have to play them sooner or later.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:45:22 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 05:14:34 PM

Sjofn, at last we meet on the pitch!  Make your time  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Strazos, same for you...with the time making, that is  awesome, for real

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 07:35:02 AM

From day 1, Strazos and Avaia, your match still counts so let us know once it has been played.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 04:17:36 AM

Blackrock & Roll | 1 - 0 | Dead Risen

The spirit of Elfish Bullshit managed to get a BOB to dodge out of a TZ and score a TD on turn 8, and the spirit of Nuffle saw to the Orcs waylaying the Undead around like rag-dolls.  Still, Nuffle came around in the end for Strazos to deny me a 2nd touchdown so close to the end, and his star player earned his pay the last two rounds to seal the deal.  A level 2 BOB and my under-developed Thrower will miss the next game against Sjofn, so she can thank Straz for that  Shaking fist

Still, another  DRILLING AND MANLINESS for team Blackrock & Roll.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 04:20:00 AM by luckton »

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 03:16:06 PM

Nerve Damage 1
Gutted 1

Both teams solid in possession, never really ceding control when receiving the ball. Gutted a little unlucky not to spill the ball from Nerve Damage in the second half, but skulls arrived once Ulysses was out of rerolls; equally Nerve damage was a skink dodge and handoff short of an equaliser in the first half.

No permanent injuries either way.

Greg Bissonette gains a level (Block) as does 'Caucasian' Jeffery Vanston (Mighty Blow).

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 04:23:48 PM

Gutted 1 - Nerve Damage 1

Good game with neither team really doing anything to deserve the win, Minotuar was especially reliable only failing 1 wild animal roll but not able to break saurus armour meant that this was likely to be a slow grinding match and so it proved. Well played by Eldaec to score with a saurus on the last turn of the second half to earn the draw.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 05:42:46 PM

You have the most tiebreaker points, so you get to play weaker teams within the 1.5-2.0 grouping. though obviously if luckton and ICE keep winning along with you, you'll have to play them sooner or later.

Are you sure this is working correctly? Because none of the top three (2-pt) teams seem to be playing each other at all, which even accounting for the fact that there are two 'fake' 2pt teams (due to an unplayed match) seems like the opposite of the premise of the Swiss tourney?

I mean I'm happy to avoid playing the better teams, but it seems unlikely.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 06:37:42 PM

Unplayed games count as wins for matchmaking.  That's why I ended up playing two teams that won a game, but still had a game left unplayed.

This actually works out well in the end because it encourages people to play their games or else they may end up playing teams that are ranked much higher when the next draw is made.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 08:40:50 PM

0 Wilson's Beard - Teleku   
 ~vs~ 
2 Leisure Suits - Lamaros

I had 640 indicements, or something. So I got Sibli, a wizard, an apothecary and two babes.

Then I also got the block dice. Teleku received, then conceded on the 6th turn after I scored to make it 1-0, with my wizard and all my players sitting pretty.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 10:45:18 PM

Broadly speaking, teams are grouped into brackets to get to even numbers, so Sjofn, as well as strazos and avaia are grouped into the top bracket, the bracket is then split in half and the top half plays the bottom half.

More or less.

It gets more complicated when people in the same group have already played each other (which happens a bit in the 1 point group).

We do get a bit of a downside from double fixture lists, as someone like Strazos is stuck in the top group for two matches now, despite losing match 3 - as well as being harder on him, it takes up what could have been a potential match up between two perfect records. But we'll anyway go down to single matches after this.

Also, I wouldn't worry much, assuming Emperors, Warriors and Blackrock are indeed the best teams (which is yet to be determined) you are unlikely to avoid each other much longer.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 10:48:01 PM by eldaec »

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 12:07:18 AM

All I read out of that was:

Emperors...are indeed the best teams.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 02:13:15 AM

Better than me. All I got was "Also much, Warriors Pitch and indeed determined you other."
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 10:43:15 AM

Comstar, I'm on California time - I am seeing your Steam messages when I get home but you've been offline for 2 hours usually by that point. I think some time on Saturday (my time) is probably our best bet.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 02:52:04 PM

Erp, this weekend is a role playing con from 7am to 12am so I might not see you till Monday my time.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 03:53:06 AM

Drew with the Pound Pound Mantrain 1-1...

Sadface. Still fighting hard to get to the top!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 04:18:51 PM

The Eclipse, to the surprise of no one, loses 2-1 to the orcs. Dead line elf was MVP and I rolled shitty on my money. Also have MNG dude. I fucking suck at elves.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 04:44:25 PM

Blackrock & Roll | 2 - 1 | The Eclipse

Although slightly underpowered without their lone Thrower (who I debated whether or not to just fire him outright or let him sleep) and a BOB missing the game, the Orcs persevered against The Eclipse in their (Eclipse's) third ever match.  In the first half, Sjofn elected to kick, with the Orcs plowing down the line of scrimmage and pushing upfield from all sides.  By turn 6, I was but a square away from a TD, when Sjofn called down the thunder strike of a wizard, knocking down my carrier and freeing the ball.  An elf recovered the ball, succeeded in a throw downfield back to the line of scrimmage, and ran it further down to my endzone.  With all of my orcs committed to offense, there was nary a chance to get control back, so the orcs did the other thing they do best: crush bones.  Sjofn ran the ball in next turn for a TD.  But before the half was over, a bad roll on a blitz by Sjofn's Blitzer caused a window of opportunity for the orcs to practice the passing game themselves, and ran the ball in for a turn 8 TD.

The second half was fairly decent.  Sjofn was already down a couple elfs at this point, so she went with Elf caging and dodging out of my TZs.  The orc line marched onward again, surrounding the cage and making a strike at one of the frontal corners.  Sjofn's runner dodged out and ran horizontal to the left side, and even managed to reestablish most of the cage.  With one corner unprotected though, an orc blitzer moved in for the 1-die block.  Although the block was successful in downing the Runner, the Dump-Off pass had the ball going out of a control toward the line the scrimmage.  My Blitzer-Thrower wannabe moved in to recover.  The elfs made a final offensive to try and get the ball back, but the Orcs wouldn't allow it, crowd surfing an elf off the field and bashing the others into the ground like humanoid tent pegs.  The orcs ran in the ball for a turn 14 TD.  Perhaps the most remarkable feat of Nuffle luck happened on turn 16, which would take too long to describe.  Go watch the replay if you want to see some audience participation of ball throwing in Sjofn's favor  why so serious?

Dead line elf was MVP...

I did not know this could happen  ACK!  That shit's just wrong  sad

Edit: Grammar is awesome!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 06:40:59 AM by luckton »

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 04:58:10 PM

Pfft, my dead players have been MVP so many times, I'm more surprised when it DOESN'T happen. My next match, assuming no one dies, one of my loners will be MVP. It's how I roll.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 07:04:44 AM

Hmmm, getting concerned about the number of unplayed matches now.

Also, Iain, I'll be travelling till 31st, but online most evenings from then.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 11:00:25 AM

Emperors 1 - 1 Dead Risen

After accruing an early player deficit and giving up over 500k in inducements it really looked like this one was going to go Strazos' way, especially after I failed to get any KOs back after two kick-offs and giving up a TD on Strazos' last turn of the first half.  I put together a wild 6-man goalline rush though, and completed a daring pick up and pass into coverage for an early second half TD.

At some point in the middle of the second half, through a series of failed catches and fortunate flops, my catcher came up with the ball with a clear run for the endzone.  I was one step away from a TD and failed two gfi rolls, however, and Strazos was able to pick up the ball next to his endzone.  I was able to keep pressure up, stuck tacklers next to his ball carrying ghoul, and was able to get a fortunate roll on one of his dodges, which led to the ball being next to my catcher, again.  I failed the pickup though and the toss-in was at a place on the field which made scoring for either of us pretty much impossible so the game ended in a tie.

It was a tough game, and I don't know whether to hate my catcher or love him because he was responsible for an awesome TD, but then failed to score two other, fairly simple, TDs with really crappy rolls.  The game could've gone either way, honestly, with my early injuries and I really felt that pressure all game.  The star player Strazos picked up was a pretty big letdown for him though; I think he failed a dodge and one or two gfis.  My first non-win with the Emperors in quite a while.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 02:43:10 PM

The Eclipse loses to the Warriors of the Sun, as expected, 1-0. No one died and they actually gave the MVP to a real team member instead of a loaner, so that was nice.

Now maybe I can play some people who are as shit as I am instead of good teams.  Ohhhhh, I see.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: January 29, 2012, 08:58:27 PM

Golden Hamsters are victorious 3-0 over Balls & Chain.  The first half was a lot of shoving and blocking and then the amazons had a couple of injuries/KOs which brought their numbers down to 8 on the field for the second half - and then it was rats scampering everywhere.  Not even the constant rain or a wizard fireball could stop the trademark skaven bullshit.

Submitted as day 3, and the stats are:

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 09:05:40 PM

Sorry Comstar and Haemish I was out all day. I should be able to play Haemish in the evening this week sometime - I will make an effort to check my Steam messages before I jump headlong into SWTOR stuff - but I'm not sure how Comstar and I are going to match up timewise.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: January 30, 2012, 02:34:27 AM

Sorry I have been slacking Megrim will keep an eye out for you on steam and get our match done as soon as we are both free.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 03:03:13 AM

Calling Carnifex. I've been looking for him online but he never seems to be on Steam.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 09:25:00 AM

I've decided I really fucking hate my Amazon team. It's like humans with shittier armor, no staying power and little ability to sustain a fucking thing.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 10:33:30 AM

Once they all get blodge they are surprisingly durable in spite of their AV7, unless you go up against a tackle-heavy team.  I've found it hard to play them against developed teams, but against undeveloped teams they can really mop up.  Eventually they run into a bit of a wall unless you're very proactive about building guardswomen given their lack of any high str pieces.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 01, 2012, 01:23:32 AM

Golden Hamsters over Pony Elves in a match featuring not two, not three, not five or six, but seven touchdowns between the two teams.

Hamsters won in the final moments with a trademark suicidal gutter rat running for glory and surviving a 2d tackle and then dodging to make the final 4-3.

One gutter runner, Cinnamon the Wrestler, got an arm broken and is missing the next game - I'm sure you are all quite sad about that.  On the plus side, he leveled from this game and just rolled +1 agility.

Stats:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 01:29:05 AM by proudft »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 01, 2012, 11:47:52 AM

Nine games left - lets try to wrap this up by the weekend.

Was probably a mistake to keep going with the double header fixture lists, seems to reduce urgency...

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M OPEN~ Round 2 (games 3 and 4 of 6)  
Jump to: