Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:54:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Suits 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suits  (Read 2768 times)
K9
Terracotta Army

on: January 17, 2012, 03:11:23 PM

They just started showing this over here in the UK. I watched the pilot, enjoyed it, but it gave me the sense of many shows where the initial appeal doesn't hold up over the length of the series. Is this one worth sticking with, or does it fade fast?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 09:25:03 AM

Absolutely loved this show. The way the mains played off of each other was almost pitch-perfect through the whole run.

It didn't hurt that Harvey reminded me of me.  awesome, for real

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 03:41:23 AM

Ok cool, I'll give it a go then. Thanks.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 07:33:19 PM

This just started again for the winter season a couple of weeks ago and the writing is still stellar. Seriously, Louis comparing himself to the "misunderstood" General Zod is just so good.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 02:05:40 AM

Seriously, scriptwriters :  Don't fucking write someone as the highest end of professional competence for 18 fucking seasons and then, just to make drama, make her out to be an utter arsehole who has NO IDEA and flails around like an idiot.  It's stupid and it makes you look stupid.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 10:34:43 PM

I really liked what I saw of season 1. The series managed to put across that smart people can make dumb decisions for reasons not related to their intelligence but due to other motivations.

And that you can do the 'right' thing and everyone will judge you badly for it if they follow a different value system.

And yes, great chemistry from the leads. I almost didn't watch this show because Gabriel Macht was so terrible in "The Spirit", but this role suits (Ohhhhh, I see.) him.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 10:08:09 PM

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 06:44:13 PM

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Avis

Email
Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 03:58:32 AM

Seriously, scriptwriters :  Don't fucking write someone as the highest end of professional competence for 18 fucking seasons and then, just to make drama, make her out to be an utter arsehole who has NO IDEA and flails around like an idiot.  It's stupid and it makes you look stupid.

Bingo! That was my impression, too, exactly how I felt about Prison Break when Michael started acting like a moron.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 04:15:44 AM

Which particular bit of Prison Break ?  Out of interest.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 08:35:56 AM

Which particular bit of Prison Break ?  Out of interest.
For me, Prison Break was a pretty interesting show for one season.  Everything after a few episodes into season two was a painful descent into bad TV. 

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 08:45:50 AM

Prison Break was one of those shows that had an interesting premise that would work well for a one season show.  See: Under the Dome, Hostages

Over and out.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 09:17:19 AM

I'm not disagreeing with that at all.  It's clear that the first season was the best because it was about... a Prison Break.  Thereafter it wasn't as good, especially when they got chucked into another prison so that they could...have a prison break.

But I'm more interested in where he thinks Michael went clownshoes.  The character I always found interesting because while he was a genius, he was also presented as a niave and quite stupid chap on the face of it.  He never really 'broke' character as hard as the others due to that, in my view.  I mean, his whole plan to go into the prison and blackmail the mafia wasn't really thought out...

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 03:56:25 PM

Picked this up again with some binge watching of season 3. Still lots of soapy trashy fun, with some gorgeous people to watch thrown in. I might be a little bit in love with Donna.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 04:25:55 PM

Prison Break was one of those shows that had an interesting premise that would work well for a one season show.  See: Under the Dome, Hostages
Realize that I'm responding to an old post, but anyway:  We're starting to see some really good things with "one season and done" shows (True Crime), even when it isn't necessarily one season (American Gothic).  We're also seeing some god-awful travesties where shows that were obviously conceived as a miniseries (Last Resort) or one-season arc (Revenge) are butchered in an attempt to turn them into a normal multi-season drama.  One could make a good argument that we're entering a "Silver Age" of TV.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Suits  
Jump to: